Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Mistake, Took Money from our A/C, No funds to pay bills

Options
  • 07-04-2020 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭

HI

On Friday I lodged a cheque into our joint account using an ATM. When processing the cheque BOI made a mistake of €30k so €30k was debited immediately from our account. The cheque won't clear for 4-5 days as its AIB. This means that since Friday we have no available funds to buy groceries or pay direct debits. We did have funds available in our joint account but the debit of €30k has frozen our account. One DD was rejected yesterday and BOI charged us €12.70. Our mortgage DD will be rejected today. I've tried to call BOI with no success. My husband sent an email via Banking 365 yesterday and no feedback. So now we have no money, direct debits are being rejected and no way of contacting BOI.

Please DM me asap so this mistake by BOI can be resolved.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi How Strange,

We’re very sorry to hear this has happened.

Can we ask you to DM us with a bit more information and we can arrange for one of our colleagues to get in touch you?

If we could get the names on the account, your account holding branch, the reference number of the service desk query, and the branch you lodged the Cheque at if different from your account holding branch.

We absolutely understand the urgency of this and we will get a member of our team in touch with you once we receive these details.

Many thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Hi Richard,

I can't seem to send you a PM as you aren't set up so can you tell me how I can DM BOI

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi How Strange,

Apologies, the link should be working now.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement