Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Home Delivery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I don't know how people are managing to book more than one Slot at a time. I barely manage to get a Slot every 3-4 weeks, just by the skin of my Teeth! Is that just a special arrangement ye have with them if ye're vulnerable / Elderly or something, or is it just that yere local Store has a lot of Slots available to choose from?

Got caught badly with them a couple of times lately where I 100% definitely picked a date of my own choosing, and I was within correct allowed shopping time and all that, and I even made changes to Order, and on-Screen a message displayed telling me my changes had been updated for my selected Delivery Date. But then on subsequent Emails and in the Order Print-out at the end it came up as a totally different date, like twelve days later or something!! Madness! So keep a check and make sure, that all the ways along the process, the Delivery Date you selected doesn't magically vanish off the Screen or you suddenly see a new date appearing that you didn't pick at all! That happened to me twice.

They appear to have gotten a whole new look / System / Interface lately too. Hope it goes well for them. It is nice to see them investing some way in their features / functions and changing things up a bit.

Also, I wish whoever necessary, would sort out One4All Vouchers and make them usable online! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

They’ll offer substitutes on everything unless the customer specifically states otherwise

They usually do....but they had stopped offering substitutes on all products except for essentials during coronavirus.

I received a sub of eggs on Saturday but not today for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Millem wrote: »
    They usually do....but they had stopped offering substitutes on all products except for essentials during coronavirus.

It’s a few years now since I left. They may not offer subs due to staff shortages in turn delaying the processing of orders etc. The depot I was in was very busy and never had enough staff to such an extent that even the shop manager was picking stock. Vans are often late leaving the store as a result. It was a pressure cooker at the best of times, even more so now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

DeVore wrote: »
    Just last night I noticed the return of replacement items (its been gone for a few weeks).
    Also the wait time for slots is down to about 8 days.

I didnt realise they always did free delivery for over 65s, thats nice of them!

Its brilliant for OAPs really and even if you have to pay a delivery charge its still great value. Ive gotten delivery for as low as 3 euro which is a bargain when a physical trip to the store would take me about 1.5 hours between driving there and back, shopping and queuing at the till. All that hassle done for you and for only 3 euro is fantastic really.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Its brilliant for OAPs really and even if you have to pay a delivery charge its still great value. Ive gotten delivery for as low as 3 euro which is a bargain when a physical trip to the store would take me about 1.5 hours between driving there and back, shopping and queuing at the till. All that hassle done for you and for only 3 euro is fantastic really.

You pay €3 for someone to run around and get your shopping, pack it into baskets/crates, load it onto a van, drive to your door, unload it from the van, bring it into your kitchen in many cases, unload it, wait for the customer in some cases to tick off their extra long list, and then sign the hand held device, which I doubt occurs now. Some houses are 50 miles from the depot, for €3, every little does help.

• Advertisement

Maybe they didn't have any eggs at the time the van went out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I see their ridiculous waiting times are finally over (6-7 days versus 2-3 weeks before)

Do I need to sign anything when they deliver or will they just leave it at the door after ringing the doorbell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    I see their ridiculous waiting times are finally over (6-7 days versus 2-3 weeks before)

Do I need to sign anything when they deliver or will they just leave it at the door after ringing the doorbell?

You don't sign anything. They leave the crates at your door or in your garden and you unpack, they wait and remove the crates. Because everything is loose in the crates it's slow enough. I'd recommend having shopping bags ready to transfer the stuff into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

You don't sign anything. They leave the crates at your door or in your garden and you unpack, they wait and remove the crates. Because everything is loose in the crates it's slow enough. I'd recommend having shopping bags ready to transfer the stuff into.

Thanks

So it doesn't arrive already in bags? Can arrival in bags be requested?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Thanks

Ask for crate/box liners. That's what we're using in SuperValu. They're essentially bin bags.

• Advertisement

Thanks

No bags. I don't know if you can request bags. I've never seen the option. My first couple of orders automatically stated "without bags" on the order summary, though I never saw it as an option to select with bags while ordering. My last 2 orders said "with bags" for some reason, though I changed nothing when ordering. But they arrived without bags anyway.

The SV system of using big bags is much easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

They used to put the loose fruit into paper bags at click and collect but must have run out... have been re-using the ones I received earlier but it was quicker when the stuff came in the bags.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

Last week's delivery came in crate liners similar to super valu for the first time in the years I have been getting tesco deliveries.

I got a delivery this morning. All loose, no bags, but again the invoice said "with bags". But all items delivered, nothing missing, and no substitutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Does anyone know if the Tesco Delivery Driver is the same person who picks the items from the shelves and puts them in the blue crates for delivery ?

Our delivery this week was noticeably packed in a careless way with heavy things squashing lighter things etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Mr.S wrote: »
    No, it's picked by someone else. The driver just drives the van and delivers you the goods.

Probably just got a newbie Picker, usually they are pretty decent with putting heavy things on the bottom / in separate crates. eg bottles / drinks always seem to get their own crate for me.

Thanks. Was going to say something to the driver but didn't. Tesco have now sent me a Customer Satisfaction Survey to complete via email.

They are usually very good with the packing which was why this was so noticeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Not Tesco, but Super Valu delivery here. I couldn't be arrassed going into the shop after the first visit, far too many rules and all that, which is understandable as they have guidelines.

Anyway, the SV deliveries are great. I leave the porch door unlocked, put our own crates in the porch, delivery person puts the shopping in our crates (all bagged up) and rings the video doorbell to let us know it's there. Half the time I never even hear the delivery being put in our crates.

Works a treat. But that's just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Just order a bunch? It’s counted as 1 item

We discovered ordering bananas by weight from Tesco during the week - wish we had been doing it from the beginning of the 80 item limit.

Tried a Supervalu delivery one week ago instead and will not use it again. Supervalu offer some products Tesco do not or had out of stock but many items were not included and apparently very little effort made in substituting - worse they substituted some items but not other very similar items that I could name multiple suitable items off the top of my head. The driver said to call them.

In fairness, I called up Supervalu to complain and their customer care put me through to the store - they were apologetic and arranged another delivery. The delivery driver had a face on him when he rocked up to the door a second time.

Always complain.

On another note, I have found two items in particular very difficult to get week on week on week from Tesco and when I saw they were available at Supervalu I bought enough to last me for a month or more but they imposed a limit and only brought a fraction of the order - which I cannot argue with and I am not complaining about. I appreciate that it is probably because people are stockpiling items that are unavailable in the first place but we have been strictly cocooning and if we did not do it we might have to go without again for months. The same items were suddenly available in Tesco the following week and they brought the considerable amount I ordered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

hi all, quick question, do they ring/text you to let you know they're on the way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

hi all, quick question, do they ring/text you to let you know they're on the way?

No you're given a time slot of around 2 hours.
    You actually pick this at order.

• Advertisement

No you're given a time slot of around 2 hours.
    You actually pick this at order.

Thanks for your reply :)

The only time the driver would usually contact you is if they are looking for directions or running late, that aside you won’t hear from them until they are at your door

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I've had them call me to see if they can deliver early. Normally they just turn up within the time slot.

I've had them call me to see if they can deliver early. Normally they just turn up within the time slot.

That’s a possibility as well. The way the slots are done often makes it easier to do certain deliveries earlier than scheduled if the customer is willing to accept it. I’ve often had people at home who refused to accept the delivery outside the slot even though they are at home, it could often lead to cases of having to park up nearby for upto 2 hours.

The only time the driver would usually contact you is if they are looking for directions or running late, that aside you won’t hear from them until they are at your door
    That’s a possibility as well. The way the slots are done often makes it easier to do certain deliveries earlier than scheduled if the customer is willing to accept it. I’ve often had people at home who refused to accept the delivery outside the slot even though they are at home, it could often lead to cases of having to park up nearby for upto 2 hours.

thanks for the replies guys :)

got my delivery, thanks guys :D

got my delivery, thanks guys :D

Did they bring it to your fridge door ;)

Did they bring it to your fridge door ;)

nope, brought trays to front door of apartment building, I put them into bags from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

nope, brought trays to front door of apartment building, I put them into bags from there

Just a tip, if your car is parked near door of apartment building, put some stuff into the boot temporarily - means they are in secure spot while you take your time then to bring them into the apartment (especially if you are a few floors up).

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Just a tip, if your car is parked near door of apartment building, put some stuff into the boot temporarily - means they are in secure spot while you take your time then to bring them into the apartment (especially if you are a few floors up).

thanks for the tip, however I don't own a car (but could have a loan off it from my folks)

Advertisement