Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Home Delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Logged in this morning to amend this weeks order with Tesco.
    They are no longer providing Substitutions except on essential items such as Bread, Milk etc.
    This, in addition to the 80 Item limit makes it very hard to shop for a family with 1 order per week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

SusanC10 wrote: »
    They are no longer providing Substitutions except on essential items such as Bread, Milk etc.
    This, in addition to the 80 Item limit makes it very hard to shop for a family with 1 order per week.

In relation to the 80 item limit i think there are a few factors involved, the number of staff in the home shopping department at any one time picking the items, this is for social distancing reasons, as well as on the delivery side of things where drivers could potentially end up in close contact with a customer for over 15 minutes if they are assisting the customer to unload the shopping and take away the crates. Also factoring in some customers are insistent on 'ticking off' their shopping list while the driver is present, personally i never allowed that bit, nor did many of my now former colleagues. Just make sure any substitutions are fit for purpose, i.e if you have a dog and ordered dog food that they don't replace it with cat food as has occurred many times, i've never known essential items such as baby food to be substituted for something that was not equally correct, i.e ordering cow and gate number 1 and getting number 3, you may get the likes of the equivalent SMA version. Just some observations from my time doing the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,582 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

They had that no substitution policy at the height of the lockdown ... can't understand why they'd re-activate it now. Very frustrating.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    They had that no substitution policy at the height of the lockdown ... can't understand why they'd re-activate it now. Very frustrating.

Yes, it was frustrating but at least they didn't have the 80 Item limit at that point.
    When they introduced the 80 Item Limit, they allowed Substitutions.
    Now with both restrictions, it will be very difficult.

Yes, it was frustrating but at least they didn't have the 80 Item limit at that point.
    When they introduced the 80 Item Limit, they allowed Substitutions.
    Now with both restrictions, it will be very difficult.

Plus for deals like 3 for 2 or 3 for €10, will make me reluctant to order as can't ask for another item in the deal to be subbed in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Plus for deals like 3 for 2 or 3 for €10, will make me reluctant to order as can't ask for another item in the deal to be subbed in.

They will substitute and price match so that you only pay 10€ of if they can't they substitute only charge you 6.66 in the 3 for 10€ deals.

Happens to me frequently without any intervention is marked on top of the delivery note as pricematch.

That must be in your region, I just checked and amended one of mine and no such restrictions exist on mine.

That must be in your region, I just checked and amended one of mine and no such restrictions exist on mine.

Thanks for this.
    I rang Tesco and they are saying that Substitutions should be allowed. They are saying that it is an IT error and trying to rectify.
    Without your post, I wouldn't have rang so Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I had a delivery yesterday. I also couldn't click to choose substitutions or make any notes. I ended up with no tea!!!

I had a delivery yesterday. I also couldn't click to choose substitutions or make any notes. I ended up with no tea!!!

I have to call them again in the morning if not rectified. Will update here.
    The girl on Customer Services was adamant that Substitutions should still be allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

The girl on Customer Services was adamant that Substitutions should still be allowed.

Received an order on Sunday and got substitutes but order was placed last week.

Clear your cookies in your browser or use a different browser or try it from the mobile device.

Their Web site is horrible, would not surprise me if they display limits based on your device.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

When the driver comes we try to get the stuff in as soon as possible, especially if they are standing in the rain like this morning. This meant not checking the delivery receipt, and I ended up with strawberries that go out of date tomorrow - from now on I will always check the receipt for replacements or 'items that go out of date sooner than we would like'.

Seems fixed for me now - yesterday the radio buttons were not available to specify a choice.
    Thanks for chasing up!

All good this morning.
    In fairness Tesco Customer Service were v quick to answer on the phone.

Got another delivery today. Got everything. They didn't have one product (which was non-essential) and they did provide a substitute.

It's like the entire fresh fruit juice section has disappeared from my Tesco for online ordering... no tropicana, no own brand... only ambient orange juice that doesn't need to be refrigerated.

Anyone else notice that?

The 80 item order limit is being lifted from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭lucalux

It's like the entire fresh fruit juice section has disappeared from my Tesco for online ordering... no tropicana, no own brand... only ambient orange juice that doesn't need to be refrigerated.

Anyone else notice that?

Checked that there, and same for me, no fresh chilled juices or smoothies coming up

Have received all items for 3 weeks now and we have been getting deliveries twice a week to try and work around the 80 item limit. (We still seem to have an 80 item limit) Oddly, for the last 4 deliveries there hasn't even been any substitutions. Even before COVID, we tended to have at least one or two substitutions per delivery.

I talked with the Delivery Driver. He said things are returning to normal now but said there are a lot of older people who don't like wearing masks in the shop so he feels that and school returning will drive up the number of deliveries again and then a second wave will bring back the chaos. Though, he also said he thinks the company learned from the first wave and should hopefully be able to meet the demand better next time.

• Advertisement

I always book slots as much in advance as the system lets me even with just one item in them, then closer to the date I add what I need.

That way I have the slot but still can adapt to what I need.

I always book slots as much in advance as the system lets me even with just one item in them, then closer to the date I add what I need.

That way I have the slot but still can adapt to what I need.

We usually put about 50 euro worth of stuff we typically get anyway on the slot a few weeks in advance. Typically a day out, there tends to be more open slots too so you can sometimes move it to a different time of day too.

I was had a delivery saver subscription at the beginning of covid before they cancelled the service due to demand. They started advertising it again recently but when I tried signing up last night to it but they have temporarily suspended new accounts.

It would mean I would pay €7.50 per month instead of €28, so if anyone notices they have opened up signups again can you please post here.

Edit: Just discovered it was actually a different Tesco account with delivery saver and it was reactivated.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭hurikane

Anyone ever find that you could change an order, remove things, they reappear and get delivered?

I was had a delivery saver subscription at the beginning of covid before they cancelled the service due to demand. They started advertising it again recently but when I tried signing up last night to it but they have temporarily suspended new accounts.

It would mean I would pay €7.50 per month instead of €28, so if anyone notices they have opened up signups again can you please post here.

Edit: Just discovered it was actually a different Tesco account with delivery saver and it was reactivated.

I appear to be on a never ending free trial.

hurikane wrote: »
    Anyone ever find that you could change an order, remove things, they reappear and get delivered?

Did you complete the checkout after making your changes?

Did you complete the checkout after making your changes?

Yes would have completed. I remove some items, add others and a couple of times the removed items have been delivered. If I check the checkout confirmation email they are there. So I think they somehow reappear in the basket while I’m adding other stuff, then I don’t check everything when checking out and I get them.

You have to be careful after making changes to update and proceed/continue to checkout. Did you do that?
    I appear to be on a never ending free trial.

That's the dream right there! I have a similar setup with my broadband provider.

Maybe you signed up just before they suspended it or something?

You have to be careful after making changes to update and proceed/continue to checkout. Did you do that?

That's the dream right there! I have a similar setup with my broadband provider.

Maybe you signed up just before they suspended it or something?

Yes I update and checkout.

Was on free trial when they suspended.

• Advertisement

How are people doing with Tesco Deliveries these days ?

I have had to complain last week.
    Both juice and cream already past their Use By Dates when delivered.

Also some Tesco own brand products seem to be running short again.

Advertisement