Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Shoes for toddler during covid

• 07-04-2020 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good website or shops that do click and collect to buy shoes for a toddler. Obviously can't get her measured in the shop these days so will just go half size up as she's nearly outgrown the shoes she has. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Where are you?I saw a post saying Cripps Footwear are still selling online and shipping.I have also seen a few detailed facebook posts about how to measure children's feet.Clark's certainly used to sell shoe measuring gauges, you could check and see do they have any in stock.

• Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Just chanced a pair of clarks shoes on littlewoods for our daughter. Like yourself, guessing they're half a size up now.

It's littlewoods though... they're useless at the best of times from what I've heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

I just bought toddler shoes from m&s online a few days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

If you have a printer print out the Startrite measuring sheet. That’s what I’m doing. He’s an awkward fit so they’re the only ones we tend to wear apart from Clarke’s who don’t have a printable one.

Tbh I’m considering buying an actual gauge because he’s had two bad fits in two separate places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

If you have a printer print out the Startrite measuring sheet. That’s what I’m doing. He’s an awkward fit so they’re the only ones we tend to wear apart from Clarke’s who don’t have a printable one.

Tbh I’m considering buying an actual gauge because he’s had two bad fits in two separate places

Clarks have their own gauge you can buy.

There is two types you can buy, 1 for toddlers and 1 for older.

You take 2 measurements and have to input that data to the clarks website to get the size.

Probably only good for clarks shoes though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 qwq

shesty wrote: »
    Where are you?I saw a post saying Cripps Footwear are still selling online and shipping.I have also seen a few detailed facebook posts about how to measure children's feet.Clark's certainly used to sell shoe measuring gauges, you could check and see do they have any in stock.

I'm in south Dublin. Thanks I'll look into those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

qwq wrote: »
    I'm in south Dublin. Thanks I'll look into those.

I've always and still do buy Asda first walkers from up north (online). Great wide toe box, and very reasonably priced. We went and still go for tbar styles which have been super.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Clarks have their own gauge you can buy.

There is two types you can buy, 1 for toddlers and 1 for older.

You take 2 measurements and have to input that data to the clarks website to get the size.

Probably only good for clarks shoes though.

Actually since I last looked the specific gauges seem to be out of stock all over the place and are over 20pounds sterling on eBay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

It’s going to be hard to clothe and shoe our kids coming into the summer if this goes on! I know dunnes and Tesco are still open and have clothes, but I imagine that t-shirts and sandals will become the new toilet roll before long :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,236 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

jlm29 wrote: »
    It’s going to be hard to clothe and shoe our kids coming into the summer if this goes on! I know dunnes and Tesco are still open and have clothes, but I imagine that t-shirts and sandals will become the new toilet roll before long :D

We buy a huge amount of stuff from Aldi & Lidi, I'm presuming (hoping!) they they continue to stock these items throughout the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Hardly. My kids have never needed less. Toddler is barefoot at home most days. Clothes stay relatively clean so 5 yo might wear same pants for 2 or 3 days. Don’t need new outfits as we are not going anywhere. If anything, we realise we have way too many unnecessary clothes. I’ve sorted wardrobes and have boxes ready to donate/give away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I've always and still do buy Asda first walkers from up north (online). Great wide toe box, and very reasonably priced. We went and still go for tbar styles which have been super.

Wait ... Asda do online deliveries???

*polishes up credit card* :D

Hardly. My kids have never needed less. Toddler is barefoot at home most days. Clothes stay relatively clean so 5 yo might wear same pants for 2 or 3 days. Don’t need new outfits as we are not going anywhere. If anything, we realise we have way too many unnecessary clothes. I’ve sorted wardrobes and have boxes ready to donate/give away.

I find the opposite. We live on a farm so they’re out on it more and going through clothes faster. Their shoes are wrecked from being outdoors all the time. My oldest boy seems to be gaining extra nutrients from the sun and must have grown about a foot in the last month, and all his clothes are getting short. My younger boys have way too many clothes, but he doesn’t have too much at all, it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,236 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I find the opposite. We live on a farm so they’re out on it more and going through clothes faster. Their shoes are wrecked from being outdoors all the time. My oldest boy seems to be gaining extra nutrients from the sun and must have grown about a foot in the last month, and all his clothes are getting short. My younger boys have way too many clothes, but he doesn’t have too much at all, it seems.

We have ours in some fake Crocs, they are pretty indestructible and can be thrown into a sink to wash them and dry in a couple of minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

The shoe shop we use in kilkenny - Tip Top Toes say they will post shoes out. They are on facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

Asda stuff is decent quality especially for pottering around in garden. I ordered some shorts/ t-shirts last Saturday, delivery was £6 ands they arrived with dpd on Monday. Have gotten runners and sandals in the past and found them very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I just bought runners online from Nike for my two. They were so cheap.....€14 each....free delivery.
    Desperate times!

I find we am saving money tbh....just goes to show how much money we spend on God only knows what!!

I have put in a few online orders in general.....a lot of places seem to be doing free delivery!

If anyone is looking for cheap summer kids clothes....big dealz sell them....Penneys prices.

coffeyt wrote: »
    Asda stuff is decent quality especially for pottering around in garden. I ordered some shorts/ t-shirts last Saturday, delivery was £6 ands they arrived with dpd on Monday. Have gotten runners and sandals in the past and found them very good.

I find their clothes good too, but the sizes run a bit small!

Millem wrote: »

I find we am saving money tbh....just goes to show how much money we spend on God only knows what!!

Definitely saving- no childcare, Way less fuel.
    Food shopping costing a bomb tho. And if I drank, I’d definitely be guzzling a bottle Of wine per day :D
    I’ve ordered a couple of bits online, I need to get a couple of things for the garden, but smyths is sold out of everything!

Definitely saving- no childcare, Way less fuel.
    Food shopping costing a bomb tho. And if I drank, I’d definitely be guzzling a bottle Of wine per day :D
    I’ve ordered a couple of bits online, I need to get a couple of things for the garden, but smyths is sold out of everything!
    I still have to pay childcare. Food shopping costing a bomb too....Tesco delivery twice a week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I still have to pay childcare. Food shopping costing a bomb too....Tesco delivery twice a week :)

Would you not try and cut to once a week ... save a few euro on delivery charges, and free up a space for someone else. :)

Would you not try and cut to once a week ... save a few euro on delivery charges, and free up a space for someone else. :)

No. I am pregnant so am not going to the shops. I am also doing my elderly neighbour’s shopping with mine. She wouldn’t know how to order it and is cocooning.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

No. I am pregnant so am not going to the shops. I am also doing my elderly neighbour’s shopping with mine. She wouldn’t know how to order it and is cocooning.

How do you manage to get a delivery twice a week? I’ve just tried and they’re totally booked out for the next 2-3 weeks 😖

Lizardlegz wrote: »
    How do you manage to get a delivery twice a week? I’ve just tried and they’re totally booked out for the next 2-3 weeks 😖

Yes they are booked out....I booked ages and ages ago. Today I booked for the 29th April......every slot was available. I usually get it every 4 days.

I have been shopping with Tesco online for years and years. I pay €10 per month delivery. Don’t know if that has anything to do with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Yes they are booked out....I booked ages and ages ago. Today I booked for the 29th April......every slot was available. I usually get it every 4 days.

I have been shopping with Tesco online for years and years. I pay €10 per month delivery. Don’t know if that has anything to do with it?

I pay the €10 per month delivery saver too and can’t get any slots. Have given up. Yet they still take the money for the delivery off me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Digs wrote: »
    I pay the €10 per month delivery saver too and can’t get any slots. Have given up. Yet they still take the money for the delivery off me ;)

Sorry I should add I’m happy to give up a delivery for elderly etc. I’m fit and able so have been going to Lidl/Aldi. I just find it very cheeky of them to take the delivery saver money anyway as I’m in a 6 month contract (which I’ve cancelled now).

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

Yea I have that €10 delivery saver aswell. Can’t get a slot anytime soon. Think I need to get more or organised and start ordering early. I’m just a disaster as wouldn’t even know what we’d need 2 weeks before hand. It’s really annoyinf

Lizardlegz wrote: »
    Yea I have that €10 delivery saver aswell. Can’t get a slot anytime soon. Think I need to get more or organised and start ordering early. I’m just a disaster as wouldn’t even know what we’d need 2 weeks before hand. It’s really annoyinf

Just book the slot and you can keep filling/changing your basket up to midnight the night before delivery. :)

On the shoe front.....Nike have an 30% off sale items. Sign up for a Nike account and get free delivery.
    The “revolution” runners are only around €12 now! I actually have them myself.....wear a big kid size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Just book the slot and you can keep filling/changing your basket up to midnight the night before delivery. :)

On the shoe front.....Nike have an 30% off sale items. Sign up for a Nike account and get free delivery.
    The “revolution” runners are only around €12 now! I actually have them myself.....wear a big kid size.

I must remember to order some tonight. My 2 year old has definitely grown out of his runners. Luckily he’s been living in wellies since the weather improved. Speaking of which any recommendations on where to get new wellies for him because he’s nearly grown out of them too.

• Advertisement

bee06 wrote: »
    I must remember to order some tonight. My 2 year old has definitely grown out of his runners. Luckily he’s been living in wellies since the weather improved. Speaking of which any recommendations on where to get new wellies for him because he’s nearly grown out of them too.

My 2 year old has the short ones from dunnes and croc wellies. He prefers the dunnes ones.....he can put them on and off himself.

Dunnes are delivering some things for €4. Not sure if they have wellies for delivery?
    In Montesorri he has the basic Clarks ones.

Advertisement