Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALitalia A330 today?

Options
  • 07-04-2020 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Good afternoon,

I hope you are all well.
    I saw an AlItalia A330 land earlier today and I think there was a similar flight recently..

Do any of you know what this flight was for?
    Was it related to the Covid situation?

Thank u!

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Arequipa wrote: »
    Good afternoon,

I hope you are all well.
    I saw an AlItalia A330 land earlier today and I think there was a similar flight recently..

Do any of you know what this flight was for?
    Was it related to the Covid situation?

Thank u!

A

Repatriation of Italian citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Arequipa

Oh okay.. thanks...

are these Italians in Ireland returning to Italy?
    Or Irish Italians coming over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,544 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Is there a case to be made for barring all flights in except if carrying Irish exclusively

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Is there a case to be made for barring all flights in except if carrying Irish exclusively

How would you define “Irish”? And what about the small number of people who have to come to Ireland to ensure or support essential services functioning?

EchoIndia wrote: »
    How would you define “Irish”? And what about the small number of people who have to come to Ireland to ensure or support essential services functioning?

Hi echo

I’ve started a stand alone thread on the c19 forum

I would define Irish as Irish passport holders and I address your second point in my longer post on the c19 thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

No, because covid does not understand the concept of citizenship....its a devious little fecker of a virus, but it's not that smart

No, because covid does not understand the concept of citizenship....its a devious little fecker of a virus, but it's not that smart

Ideally just close the air space to everyone But we have to accept Irish ppl returning back here. That’s my point

• Registered Users Posts: 23,351 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Early days we should have severely restricted flights. Letting the italian rugby fans in when the match was cancelled was crazy at the time and just as crazy now looking back.

Advertisement