Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adam Edge Copeland Documentary

• 07-04-2020 3:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

Watched this last night on the WWE Network. Great watch and very enjoyable. Spoke very well and the bit where Beth was in the gorilla position crying really got to me. Excellently done.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Watched this last night on the WWE Network. Great watch and very enjoyable. Spoke very well and the bit where Beth was in the gorilla position crying really got to me. Excellently done.

honestly should just show this instead of doing wrestling shows and then classic matches from edge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

sky88 wrote: »
    honestly should just show this instead of doing wrestling shows and then classic matches from edge

I do wonder how close he got to AEW. I know he says Vince was Allways going to be told and he wasn’t playing them off each other but he obviously heard AEW out and I wonder how tempted he was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I do wonder how close he got to AEW. I know he says Vince was Allways going to be told and he wasn’t playing them off each other but he obviously heard AEW out and I wonder how tempted he was

Not very i'd say, if he was going to make a huge comeback after 9 years out, there was only 1 place he was ever going to do it, i would say maybe aew put the comeback idea in his head though, as for the documentary, i really enjoyed it, these really are great to watch, especially the shots from backstage, really good all round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

why did you include his real name in the thread title?
    very good documentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah really enjoyed this and think we will see the 'real comeback' in the near future when live shows go back to having crowds

Anyone meet him at the inside the ropes show a few years back ??. Only saw the show and didnt buy VIP and heard mixed things about it. He lived here for a while when he was filming Vikings.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Only saw the show and didnt buy VIP and heard mixed things about it.

as in he wasn't nice to fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

showpony1 wrote: »
    why did you include his real name in the thread title?
    very good documentary.

His book was called Adam Copeland on Edge, which was very smart I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Might just be me but Christian seems quite muted in the whole thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

as in he wasn't nice to fans?

Heard he wasn't rude but was having banter with the organisers and not paying much attention to the fans at the M&G

Omackeral wrote: »
    His book was called Adam Copeland on Edge, which was very smart I thought.

this documentary however was called "WWE 24 - Edge:The Second Mountain"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

this documentary however was called "WWE 24 - Edge:The Second Mountain"

Because the show starts off as a look at Adam Copelands life after WWE and turns into him being able to be Edge again so I thought it was fitting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The stuff about his mother and Beth crying got me as well. I don't keep myself in the loop or wrestler's personal lives so I didn't even know the mother had died, was glad to see the picture at the end of her and her grandchildren.

Edge really does come across as a normal joe soap who was brought up the right way. Just goes to show that even the best of people can mistakes as he clearly did when he was younger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

This was the best 24 WWE have put out, which is really saying something, as in general, the entire series is pretty stellar.

While he was never my favourite, Edge was somebody I thought would be around forever. When he retired in 2011, it hit me really hard. Cried like a child (and I couldn't figure out why!). I guess, he was always there, since 96 /97 or so. In some of the main highlight reel moments for pretty much his entire career. Few things hit me as hard as his retirement.

So, to see him get this 2nd chance, and to see the reservations Beth has over it, and for it all to play out in front of us in this doc, it's something special. Nothing like this has really happened before (sure Daniel Bryan returned after a 2 year break, but this feels different). And he's back, looking like he can do it all again, in incredible shape. Sure, he's going to have to change his style up somewhat, but hey, that worked out fairly well for Steve Austin huh?

Dash came across really likeable in the doc too. If you are looking for something to watch tonight, and haven't yet seen this, go out of your way to. You will not regret it

Advertisement