Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to support a restaurant outside 2km zone

Options
  • 07-04-2020 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭

Any ideas how I can support a small restaurant which opened earlier this year but is outside my 2km zone. They're the hardest workers ever but have opened their restaurant at the worst time. As far as I know they don't do gift vouchers but I will ask, and because they're new and serve small they only use deliveroo which is also outside my zone!. I was thinking about offering to donate some money for them to maybe cook for the homeless in and around their area (Dublin 2) but not sure about the logistics of that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If they don't do vouchers then yeah, it can be difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Random sample

The 2 km zone is for exercise. It doesn’t relate to going out to pick up food. Assuming the restaurant is doing take away now, order one and pick it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

One local business near me will come out to your car and give you the food so you do not have to walk through the restaurant.
    While I really think food should be just one large shop a week right now the rules do allow you do go collect take away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭CPTM

Ah ok great. Thanks very much everyone. They definitely would leave the food out to the boot of my car. That's good to know. Thanks

Advertisement