Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving house with Eir, still under contract

• 07-04-2020 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We are moving house but have an Eir Fibre broadband and phone bundle in our existing house. The new house can get Fibre installed, but it does not have a connection

Eir have shutdown their online chat and their phone option tells you to "fill out this form, goodbye", but that link doesn't answer some of my questions about it, and I'm wondering does anyone here know the answer to them.

Does the contract get extended?
    From searching online about moving while under contract, I found some posts from the old talk to forum that states that moving while under contract automatically puts you into a new 18 month contract, anyone know if this is still the case? We specifically asked the sales guy about this scenario when signing up and he said it wouldn't, he said we would only have to pay for installation again if the house didn't have it already, but we don't have any documentation to back that up so that is worthless!

I assume we have to pay for installation again? (not a problem as whoever we go with we probably have to pay this)

If the contract is extended to 18 months, we might be better off just signing up for a new account with someone else and just pay the termination fee

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Do not believe a single word you're told on the phone. Last time I spoke to Eir support I was told I wouldn't have to pay a cancellation fee. I was told I would have to pay the next month and that was it. However I was landed with a 130 bill once I moved house and Eir support refused to help.

I know it doesn't answer your question but I felt the need to advise against believing anything Eir tell you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

To answer my own question:

I rang eir yesterday and used the options to get to the cancellation department to find the price of breaking contact. When she asked why I was looking to break I explained my situation. She said she could email the home move team to see if one of them could contact me.

This morning I got a phone call from the home move team, and in fairness she was super helpful:

- Moving is a new contract, but varies length depending on the service you get. None of them were over 12 months
    - The prices I was offered were as if I was a new customer, including an offer to keep my current introductory rate (which would expire in September here) for the duration of the contract.
    - she mentioned that there would be no "set-up" fee, when I asked did this mean no installation fee, she seemed a bit unsure but thought no set-up fee meant no installation fee

I said I'd need to chat to my wife about what option we'd go for and she offered to ring back tomorrow and what time would suit.

So I got talking to 2 helpful people in eir, was just a pity the rigmarole I had to go through to do it! Also surely I'm not the only person who would have these questions when moving, the FAQ on the move page is stuff like keeping your account number, who cares about that!?

Advertisement