Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting YouTube vids

Options
  • 07-04-2020 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for dragging up old issues but I saw on this forum how to post videos, but I can't find it now
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's covered in the very top most of the sticky threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

In the editor that's used when posting, you'll see various buttons to add the tags around the test for you, or you can add them manually.

The simplest way is to simply press the Youtube button which will prompt you for the link.

Or you can add the tags manually, wrapping the tags around the video link after v= .

So http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrNK1Rm3r6I

becomes [noparse][/noparse]

We can also expand on this, by adding the start variable in seconds, to make the video start at a specific time.

[noparse]
    [/noparse]

I don't think that last bit works,

you can also just add the full normal youtube link between the tags, (not a shortened link, or one with extensions (or querys, or whatever they're called))

eg [noparse]
    [/noparse]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I don't think that last bit works,

you can also just add the full normal youtube link between the tags, (not a shortened link, or one with extensions (or querys, or whatever they're called))

eg [noparse]
    [/noparse]

Hmm, seems something is a bit broken. Youtube are using t as the time variable name, so I'll update that bit now.

But it seems that a video ID with the t variable doesn't work together, but a full URL does. That seems to be a boards.ie issue.

Advertisement