Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honda hrx 537

Options
  • 08-04-2020 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello everyone, I've a Honda hrx 537 and when I went to service it yesterday I noticed it was full to the top of oil, I serviced it previously and I know it takes around 200ml of oil but about half a litre came out, the oil was very watery but wasn't milky in colour just pure black, I'm wondering can petrol leak into the oil? It's never stored outdoors and is always serviced at the start of every season, anyone else have this issue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

Jimmy360 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I've a Honda hrx 537 and when I went to service it yesterday I noticed it was full to the top of oil, I serviced it previously and I know it takes around 200ml of oil but about half a litre came out, the oil was very watery but wasn't milky in colour just pure black, I'm wondering can petrol leak into the oil? It's never stored outdoors and is always serviced at the start of every season, anyone else have this issue

I have the same mower. It takes 500ml of oil according to the manual. It is generally black/burnt when you change it. Yours sounds exactly what mine is like each year, and mine is running well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jimmy360

johnb25 wrote: »
    I have the same mower. It takes 500ml of oil according to the manual. It is generally black/burnt when you change it. Yours sounds exactly what mine is like each year, and mine is running well.

I do fill to the top of the dipstick mark which only takes about 200 ml, I've ran it 10 years at that level, it was running perfect only I've notice all the extra oil

Advertisement