Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VODAFONE: Accepeted bill pay request now want phone back

• 08-04-2020 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

On Tuesday the 31st of March, I decided to buy a new phone through Vodafone. I purchased an iPhone XR for €300 and paid €150 up front for future bills. I provided them with all the right information and requested my old number to be brought forward. Once I got the phone I had no service and the sim wouldn’t work, I contacted live support and they said to wait a few hours, reset phone and it will be sorted. This did not work, I then tried to log into MyVodafone and this was “access denied”. Now while speaking to a rep from Vodafone she is saying my bill pay request has been denied (a week after I bought the phone) and they would like to arrange to take the phone back. Not only will I be without a phone but I have to wait 12 working days for my money back (€450) I am a student btw. This is nothing short of a disgrace and was wondering if anyone knows anything I can do? Appreciate any replies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭djdunny

This all seems very odd. Did you sign up in store or online? Usually they wouldn’t supply you with a phone unless a contract has been agreed to. Vodafone would have reviewed your application and come up with 1 or 3 options. 1 acceptance with no conditions. 2 acceptance but with a deposit 3 decline of application.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Who did you port from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AndrewFitz99

djdunny wrote: »
    This all seems very odd. Did you sign up in store or online? Usually they wouldn’t supply you with a phone unless a contract has been agreed to. Vodafone would have reviewed your application and come up with 1 or 3 options. 1 acceptance with no conditions. 2 acceptance but with a deposit 3 decline of application.

Doesn’t it. I bought online, I gave all the information possible and informed them of my previous network and anything they asked and they approved it, sent me out the phone and when I was talking to customer care to try activate the sim as I had no service they wanted the phone back and said I had to go through pay as you go

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AndrewFitz99

godtabh wrote: »
    Who did you port from?

Virgin Mobile

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Virgin Mobile

Is there an issue there

• Advertisement
Advertisement