Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artificial Grass - pre clearance work?

Options
  • 08-04-2020 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hey all - I am moving into a new house in a few weeks and looking at artificial grass for the back garden. I don't have dimensions yet - but question is not price specific anyway.

There is currently a stone patio on the property, no grass at all - question is - do the companies that install artificial grass do the clearance of the site too, or would I have to organise that first?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Was waiting to see if anyone replied first.

I got the artificial grass put in about 2 years ago or so. I tried two separate places before picking one. Both quotes involved clearance of existing grass and a cherry blossom tree stump/root that I had to cut down as it got pretty big and was growing in an awkward place that would have caused damage to underground sewers and the likes.

So, to answer your question - the places I checked did offer clearance work. Saying that though would you be able to clear the place yourself, could save a few quid, demolition is easy, creating is the hard part :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

eposhea wrote: »
    Hey all - I am moving into a new house in a few weeks and looking at artificial grass for the back garden. I don't have dimensions yet - but question is not price specific anyway.

There is currently a stone patio on the property, no grass at all - question is - do the companies that install artificial grass do the clearance of the site too, or would I have to organise that first?

Thank you!

Is the stone patio very high? You could just get quarry dust rake it over it and lay the grass yourself? I bought mine in grass247 in the UK and shipped it here.

Advertisement