Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pregnancy

• 08-04-2020 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I’m wondering if anyone has found out they were pregnant during the recruitment process, having completed all recruitment stages, or once started in GV?
    I am sure there are limitations to things you can/can’t do. Did it prevent being offered a place or did you defer a year?

Wanting to start a family combined with fertility problems but not wanting to jeopardise the chance of my dream job. Any help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

There are still 9 people in the 1710 campaign, I imagine a good number of them are pregnant. The recruitment team are very understanding I know of people that have had their pcas and medicals postponed because of different health reasons, I'm sure they wouldn't reject you from the recruitment process if you became pregnant. This process is a long one I'm currently on month 18 so don't put your life on hold, all the best for the future I hope it happens for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭NeeNaw21

RedBird13 wrote: »
    I’m wondering if anyone has found out they were pregnant during the recruitment process, having completed all recruitment stages, or once started in GV?
    I am sure there are limitations to things you can/can’t do. Did it prevent being offered a place or did you defer a year?

Wanting to start a family combined with fertility problems but not wanting to jeopardise the chance of my dream job. Any help greatly appreciated!

Pregnancy is covered under the DDA. You cannot be prevented from gaining employment due to pregnancy. 2020 campaign is live and likely will go on a while longer than anticipated so as long as they are taking student officers they can't not take you on the basis of your pregnancy. However you cannot enter training or serve in a operational role whilst pregnant. So you will have to wait to start. And pray they are still taking student officers when you are ready to start training. Best port of call is ring 101, speak to recruitment and they'll explain everything

Advertisement