Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woodies DIY online store payment error

• 08-04-2020 5:58pm

Has anyone been able to place an online order on the Woodies website today for an essential item?

Have been getting a persistent “error with sage pay” 4020 message. Others I’ve contacted are similarly affected.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Has anyone been able to place an online order on the Woodies website today for an essential item?

Have been getting a persistent “error with sage pay” 4020 message. Others I’ve contacted are similarly affected.

Sage pay is one of the worst systems I've come across for verification.

If your entered address is in any way slightly mismatched on the address assigned on the card you used to pay it will fail.

It will fail for other reasons but it's sages faulty system.

listermint wrote: »
    Sage pay is one of the worst systems I've come across for verification.

If your entered address is in any way slightly mismatched on the address assigned on the card you used to pay it will fail.

It will fail for other reasons but it's sages faulty system.

Interesting. Do you mean I have to enter exactly the same billing address and delivery address, or do you mean the billing address must exactly match the address registered with my bank?

Interesting. Do you mean I have to enter exactly the same billing address and delivery address, or do you mean the billing address must exactly match the address registered with my bank?

The details stored on your bank must match the billing address exactly.

And in some cases sage need the delivery address to sync up too. They can go to the nth degree with verification

listermint wrote: »
    The details stored on your bank must match the billing address exactly.

And in some cases sage need the delivery address to sync up too. They can go to the nth degree with verification

Ok I’ll just give my business to another merchant. Thanks listermint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭Cerco

Seems to me to be an excellent system to protect consumers in the current climate of financial / on line fraud.

• Advertisement

Cerco wrote: »
    Seems to me to be an excellent system to protect consumers in the current climate of financial / on line fraud.

There's a happy balance that other merchant controllers get right. Sage haven't.

In fact i avoid it if i see the option on screen. If a site has two options il use the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Yeah, can't be defrauded if you can't spend anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

Its horrendous, have a look at Woodies social media pages for people who have had huge issues, some people charged multiple times with no actual order being placed while others having issues like the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I wasn’t aware woodies was open? What is described as essential in woodies?

Also sage is pi** poor but cheap

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I wasn’t aware woodies was open? What is described as essential in woodies?

Also sage is pi** poor but cheap

They are only doing deliveries and timeframes are around 10 days. They have a fairly decent range of products on the website. My lawnmower gave up the ghost and was hoping to get one from them but their website is killing me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

duffman13 wrote: »
    They are only doing deliveries and timeframes are around 10 days. They have a fairly decent range of products on the website. My lawnmower gave up the ghost and was hoping to get one from them but their website is killing me

If you have a few k knocking around will flog you a tractor lawn mower :-)

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    If you have a few k knocking around will flog you a tractor lawn mower :-)

:pac: Not sure it would fit through the garage into the back garden!

Advertisement