Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray ban 30% off and free delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

There's a lot of RayBan sunglasses on Amazon for a good bit cheaper than the official site (even with the 30% discount). They're sold by Amazon so presumably they're not fake. Just wondering if there's any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

johnnykilo wrote: »
    There's a lot of RayBan sunglasses on Amazon for a good bit cheaper than the official site (even with the 30% discount). They're sold by Amazon so presumably they're not fake. Just wondering if there's any difference?

Does that guarantee that they're not fake?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Most likely fakes on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

dinneenp wrote: »
    Does that guarantee that they're not fake?

Ah yea, their market is riddled, not them. They would be destroyed if they started aswell.

How much is 30% off?

I couldn't justify stupid money on glasses myself when so many viable alternatives out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

FFVII wrote: »
    I couldn't justify stupid money on glasses myself when so many viable alternatives out there.
    any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭thefa

Got a nice pair of Le Specs around the €60 euro range 18 months ago that are still going strong. Lots of options out there at different price points but this is a good offer for genuine Ray Bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Wish Oakley would do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Unless you’re getting Polarised in the Raybans it’s pointless imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

L-M wrote: »
    Unless you’re getting Polarised in the Raybans it’s pointless imo.

you can get the discount on polarised ones if you click on 'customize now' option

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭KathleenF

€100~ for folding Wayfarers delivered is great value for Raybans. Bought mine last year and find them brilliant and v handy to pop in handbag. Would buy again in the morning if I lost them. Tempted now tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

casio4 wrote: »
    any suggestions?

Hawkers is good as well. Have 2 sets from them and I think they are brilliant. One of them is even Polarized and it was like 30 bucks on sale.

https://www.hawkersco.com/collections/gafas-de-sol-polarizadas

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

mystic86 wrote: »
    you can get the discount on polarised ones if you click on 'customize now' option

Sorry I was just making a point , I didn’t even click the link, I’ve enough of them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

Bought ones here https://www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk/ a couple of year ago, worked out a lot cheaper at the time(might not now with conversion rate), also 30 pound off first order if you go over the 130.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

There's a slightly better 33% off code on MyUnidays if anyone has a still active Student Account. Also you should be able to access the Ray-Ban site through TopCashback and get a further 11% cashback.

I got polarised Glasses with engraving which were €213 originally, got them for €142.71 using the MyUnidays code and if I get the cashback back the final total will be €127.01

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

Soarer wrote: »
    Wish Oakley would do something.

Oakley have 30% off also

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭IBrows89

casio4 wrote: »
    any suggestions?

Don't want to hijack thread, I have two pairs of ray bans that have lasted years and well worth the money in my opinion.

If it's not just Raybans you're interested in I used UK's TKmaxx website and ordered some Lacoste and Gucci sunglasses in the clearance section and got them delivered by parcel motel. Their offline ATM due to COVID-19 but maybe a good option for people in the future.

Thanks OP for the spot though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I believe that if you spend money on an expensive pair you're much more likely to look after then & they end up lasting years.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I believe that if you spend money on an expensive pair you're much more likely to look after then & they end up lasting years.

That's true I think. I have a pair of Oakley's for 11 years and they're still going strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Just posting this here as well. An interesting piece from CBS few years ago. Many don't realise how many brands are still made/owned by the same company -Luxottica.

That being said at the end of the day you are paying for higher quality and also the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Bought a pair myself then posted the bargain- fyi a case is listed as an optional extra but mine arrived today with a case.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Bought a pair myself then posted the bargain- fyi a case is listed as an optional extra but mine arrived today with a case.

How long did delivery take?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Ordered on the 8th arrived today by courier

• Registered Users Posts: 18,989 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I bought an expensive pair of shades years ago and they did last I was afraid to bring them out, it's fine when wearing but you can't leave them down and need a solid box to carry them so not very practical.

Now I buy cheap polarized shades and don't worry about them and they still last years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I bought a pair when i seen this thread on Thursday and got a dispatch email last night with Tuesday as my delivery day.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

Anyone ever get a prescription lens fitted with Ray-Ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Don't think I could shed out £130 on a paid of sunglasses. Any alternatives for cheaper? Interested in the clubmaster classic style :)

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Don't think I could shed out £130 on a paid of sunglasses. Any alternatives for cheaper? Interested in the clubmaster classic style :)

Buying a good pair of ray bans is money well spent, you wouldn’t even look at cheap tat sunglasses once you get used to a proper pair and boy do they last.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Buying a good pair of ray bans is money well spent, you wouldn’t even look at cheap tat sunglasses once you get used to a proper pair and boy do they last.

I agree. I'm 50/50 wether to get them or not.

If I'm being honest, I never owned a pair of sunglasses that cost over €10. Never really wore them but getting into wearing them now on sunny days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I was always buying cheap pairs that never lasted or I didn't take care but I have a pair of Ray-Bans now that look so much better than the cheap ones and I actively take care of now so will last years

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

dennispenn wrote: »
    Anyone ever get a prescription lens fitted with Ray-Ban?

When I was getting my day to day glasses 2 years ago, I asked specsavers for my prescription and filled it in on the selectspecs.com website when I was ordering my raybans.. Delivered via Parcel Motel a week or two later. Still going strong!

Advertisement