Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray ban 30% off and free delivery

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Ordered last Wednesday and arrived today, customised original Wayfarers for 114 including delivery, delighted, my first pair. Just checked no problem viewing smart phone screen with them (have polarised lenses).

Nice, I went for the same in new Wayfarers for about €15 more just there now, first time paying more than a tenner for a pair of shades! :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Can 100% vouch for Ray Bans being worth the money. I've owned wayfarers and clubmasters and would never wear cheap sunglasses again. There's just a lovely weight to them and the build quality is amazing.

How do you find the clubmasters compared to the wayfarers? I've had my wayfarers for years but scratched the lenses pretty badly right on my eye line, was looking at clubmasters as a replacement but not sure if I'd find the smaller lenses annoying?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ordered last Wednesday and arrived today, customised original Wayfarers for 114 including delivery, delighted, my first pair. Just checked no problem viewing smart phone screen with them (have polarised lenses).

I got customised Justin's with polarised lenses. Ordered 15th, got an email yesterday morning to say they'd shipped and they arrived yesterday afternoon.

Very happy with them and much better for driving than my Hawkers.

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Also has anyone put prescription lenses in their Raybans? I wouldn't mind a pair of prescription sunglasses, but concerned that the lenses the online places use will look a bit wrong and end up ruining the look of the glasses themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

awec wrote: »
    Also has anyone put prescription lenses in their Raybans? I wouldn't mind a pair of prescription sunglasses, but concerned that the lenses the online places use will look a bit wrong and end up ruining the look of the glasses themselves.
    read back a page or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Aviator Gradient Polarized ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭coff66

fatbhoy wrote: »
    UK Ray-Ban site works out cheaper than Irish one.

Not sure this is entirely true, I have ordered custom aviators and the customisable options on the Irish site seemed better and the same glasses on the UK site that I ordered were more expensive when exchange was checked on Revolut. I haven't checked based on just stock options which may be where the UK site might work out cheaper but for my particular custom choices the Irish site was cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭shmeee

fatbhoy wrote: »
    UK Ray-Ban site works out cheaper than Irish one.

Cheapest of all is https://www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk/ which has a 25%-off code.

You sure on the Ray-Ban UK site being cheaper?

I am looking at:

NEW WAYFARER CLASSIC
    RB2132 601S78 55-18
    Frame: Matte Black
    Lenses: Polarized, Blue/Grey Gradient

Irish site: €136.50
    UK site: £123.20 (€141-ish)

But on www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk they are coming in at £106.50 (€122-ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

About to pull the trigger on some NEW WAYFARER.... just can't decide between between rubber black or gloss black.... is it a different material or just colour ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

About to pull the trigger on some NEW WAYFARER.... just can't decide between between rubber black or gloss black.... is it a different material or just colour ?

I got the new wayfarer gloss last week and they are a fantastic pair of sunglasses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Gloss definitely the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I wouldn't recommend the UK site guys. Virtually impossible for me to return mine. I can only return them by UPS collecting them and they don't offer non UK collections. And I doubt parcel motel would Accomodate my needs...

Anyway. I have them on adverts now if anyone is interested in a discount to the 30%. They're clubmaster classics.

http://www.adverts.ie/20196229

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I got the rubber black on my Justin and it's very nice. I'll add a picture shortly.

I went rubber... heard they are more comfortable ? Or is it just the colour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭shmeee

Size wise, I'm between the 52's and the 55's in the New Wayfarer, tried on a pair off 55's there now (housemate has a pair) and a bit loose on my face to be honest. I used the credit card trick for measuring and it would suggest to lean towards the 52's.

Any advice?

Any go for 52's and end up too tight?

shmeee wrote: »
    Size wise, I'm between the 52's and the 55's in the New Wayfarer, tried on a pair off 55's there now (housemate has a pair) and a bit loose on my face to be honest. I used the credit card trick for measuring and it would suggest to lean towards the 52's.

Any advice?

Any go for 52's and end up too tight?

If normal sun glasses look too big on your face then go 52

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

conor_ie wrote: »
    When I was getting my day to day glasses 2 years ago, I asked specsavers for my prescription and filled it in on the selectspecs.com website when I was ordering my raybans.. Delivered via Parcel Motel a week or two later. Still going strong!

i contacted ray ban a week or so ago as i couldnt find an option to give my prescription on the website, this is what they replied to me:

Thanks for contacting us.
    We are writing you this email to inform you that on our official website we do not have a prescription service.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

For this reason, we would advise you to contact one of our authorised retailers as they might be able to assist you further.
    The easiest way to find the nearest one is by using our store locator tool.

Please find link below:

https://www.ray-ban.com/ireland/store-locator

Advertisement