Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 8/Pro

• 08-04-2020 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭

Apologies if there's already a thread, please merge if so

gsmarena_002.jpg

Pro
    gsmarena_003.jpg

Specs
    tJkYzZC.png

https://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_8_8_pro_full_specs_leak-news-42519.php

Leaked/rumoured prices
    OnePlus 8/128GB €729
    12/256GB €835

Pro 8/128GB €930
    12/256GB €1,020

I've had OnePlus ever since their first phone, 1, 3T, 6 and now the 7T but must admit if those prices are true I think the 7T will be my final OnePlus phone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,375 ✭✭✭✭listermint

been away from One plus for some years - work devices etc. Love to come back.

The warp wireless charge is cool. very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Rmulvany

Looks good, I'm not likely to upgrade this year. Currently have the OP6T and I don't have a single issue with it so I'll stick with it until i have no other option.
    One thing is for sure, there is going to be a great OnePlus waiting for me when I do decide to upgrade.
    I'm not surprised that they have regressed from the pop-up selfie camera, but I am surprised they have moved to wireless warp.

The price is a bit of a jump up from their last few phone / the expected price difference compared to Samsung etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I'll almost certainly be buying Pro version. I think only reason to buy S20 over it maybe camera, and I am not that into taking photographs. 30W wireless charging is impressive!
    Last one I had was OnePlus 2, I really liked that (first phone I stuck with the OS it came with).

As always with OnePlus it’ll be interesting to see if they’ve finally nailed the camera. Fingers crossed this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭mossie

Rmulvany wrote: »
    Looks good, I'm not likely to upgrade this year. Currently have the OP6T and I don't have a single issue with it so I'll stick with it until i have no other option.
    One thing is for sure, there is going to be a great OnePlus waiting for me when I do decide to upgrade.
    I'm not surprised that they have regressed from the pop-up selfie camera, but I am surprised they have moved to wireless warp.

The price is a bit of a jump up from their last few phone / the expected price difference compared to Samsung etc

I have the 6 and I'm still happy with that so won't be jumping on this one. As the prices creep up they are losing their big selling point and I cab't justify upgrading just for the sake of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

I’m still on a 6T and it’s performing the same as when I hit it when it was launched.

The price increases having been drastic over the last couple of cycles and that looks in continue big time. You could always forgive OnePlus for one of two missing or weaker features as you were still getting so much bang for buck but they are now entering proper flagship territory and they will be judged accordingly. No place to hide. Certainly “flagship killer” is a distant past with them now.

Oxygen OS is still my favourite Android OS though which is a huge plus.

The prices are getting too high now imo.

As always with OnePlus it’ll be interesting to see if they’ve finally nailed the camera. Fingers crossed this time.

yes always a let down on the camera which is embarrassing at this stage.

a sub 200 euro pixel 3a takes better photos than the 7T.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Prices look to be very high! Usually Three seem to have a lower price though. Does anybody know if their oneplus 7's were unlocked? Sometimes they are

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

The wireless warp charge is only compatible with their own base unit which is going to be roughly another €80

I'm still rocking the OP5 but I've taken the protectors of it recently due to wear and tear and since doing so have never replaced them meaning I've dropped it and scratched the screen in places

Doesn't effect my usage etc , the only thing I think possibly my battery is discharging slightly faster but doesn't seem too bad now

Anyway, I'd love to upgrade to the 8 pro but if that price is true then I'm not sure if I will do it straight away.

The 5G thing I'd quite like because it will be here in not too long a time and other places too where it actually well be beneficial to me.

Just looking at the OnePlus website and three website and three are €50 cheaper on both devices , if they came Sim free that would be great, would need to find out that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I may as well be getting a Samsung Galaxy or iPhone if spending that much money. Sadly this 7T Pro will probably be my last OnePlus phone. Plenty of good alternatives at a lower price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Will there be New bullets wireless announced also I wonder?!

Think I'm going to end up getting the Green OnePlus 8. Don't see enough advantages in the pro to justify the huge price difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Just wondering..has anyone done a comparison with the new Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro...it's about €795

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Prices look to be very high! Usually Three seem to have a lower price though. Does anybody know if their oneplus 7's were unlocked? Sometimes they are

Yes they are unlocked

Yes they are unlocked

Briliant thank you! Might be worth waiting for them to release it so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Pacifico wrote: »
    Will there be New bullets wireless announced also I wonder?!

Yes oneplus have been teasing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Why are companies so obsessed with curved screens? They're such an inconvenience. Disappointed they've added it to even the non-pro version this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage. A£599 B£799
    12 GB RAM + 256 GB storage A£699 B£899

A: One Plus 8
    B: One Plus 8 Pro

https://m.gsmarena.com/oneplus_8_oneplus_8_pro_pricing_in_uk_revealed_hours_ahead_of_launch-news-42640.php

• Registered Users Posts: 27,631 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rizzee wrote: »
    8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage. A£599 B£799
    12 GB RAM + 256 GB storage A£699 B£899

A: One Plus 8
    B: One Plus 8 Pro

https://m.gsmarena.com/oneplus_8_oneplus_8_pro_pricing_in_uk_revealed_hours_ahead_of_launch-news-42640.php

The One Plus 8 and the Pro were listed on John Lewis this morning for £599 and £799 respectively.

watching the launch currently. Still think ill go for the regular. Will probably be missing the telephoto/colour filter camera but eh. Usually they are water resistant tolo just not rated so we will see i suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,375 ✭✭✭✭listermint

lertsnim wrote: »
    I may as well be getting a Samsung Galaxy or iPhone if spending that much money. Sadly this 7T Pro will probably be my last OnePlus phone. Plenty of good alternatives at a lower price.

I have samsungs for work. One Plus still make a better device in terms of longevity and speed. There would be no bettering anything bar the camera buying a galaxy.

Seems the glacial green is only available in the higher capacity, at least in the pre-order. Shame

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Based on those prices, I'm torn between the OP8 and the Nokia 8.3
    The OP8 Pro is a bit too steep!

I was waiting for the Nokia, but the OP is going to be out about 3 months earlier!

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10142&idPhone2=10161&idPhone3=9919

Decisions decisions :)

Seems the glacial green is only available in the higher capacity, at least in the pre-order. Shame

OP8 Pro 8GB & 128GB is €919
    OP8 Pro 12GB & 256GB is €1019

OP8 8GB & 128GB is €719
    OP8 12GB & 256GB is €819

TitianGerm wrote: »
    OP8 Pro 8GB & 128GB is €919
    OP8 Pro 12GB & 256GB is €1019

OP8 8GB & 128GB is €719
    OP8 12GB & 256GB is €819

Yeah but only the black onyx colour is available at €719 it seems. Also interesting that the homepage says from 699, but the price is 719?

Yeah but only the black onyx colour is available at €719 it seems. Also interesting that the homepage says from 699, but the price is 719?

I thought they said on steam that the Black was the more expensive one and green was the "cheaper" model.

Was tempted to change but I'm going to hold off for the moment.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I thought they said on steam that the Black was the more expensive one and green was the "cheaper" model.

Was tempted to change but I'm going to hold off for the moment.

Didn't hear that! Looks to be the other way around though. Interstellar colour isn't available either. Pirce might be 719 for "pre-order" status and might drop back to 699 once the 21st hits.

EDIT: Checked the german site, 699 on there and the glacial green is also available at the 699 price. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

From 699 but 719 when going to order

Something to do with pre-order and also the pop up box with a chance of winning a free wireless charger possibly ?

I imagine when the actual release comes it might go back

But also waiting for 3 to get a hold of it too see if they differ !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Sounds like a typical OnePlus phone...amazing hardware with a mediocre camera again!

https://youtu.be/Tri2WUiDNbo

• Advertisement

Pacifico wrote: »
    Sounds like a typical OnePlus phone...amazing hardware with a mediocre camera again!

https://youtu.be/Tri2WUiDNbo

MKHB said the camera is very good and just behind the iPhone and Pixel and very similar to Samsungs offering.

Linus isn't really a phone reviewer but I do like his videos.

Advertisement