Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Combat Thumb Sucking in a 3 Year Old

• 08-04-2020 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

Our almost 3 year old girl has gotten into the habit of thumb sucking at just about every opportunity she can get. She sucks on the left thumb while having her hair wrapped around her finger on the other hand. It's not a great habit at the best of times but she's receiving speech therapy so it gets in the way of her repeating words and sounds.

She's quite an axious little lady so it provides comfort to her.

Any advice on how we can go about breaking this? I've started a thing of saying there's big squeezy hugs for when she's not doing it and none when she does. She then 'plays' with me where she is, then isn't doing it. i'm sure this isn't an ideal approach though so I'm all ears for some good advice.
    Tagged:

Advertisement