Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sand and water table

Options
  • 08-04-2020 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any recommendations for a sand and water (or even just a water) table? We have a little tikes fountain factory, and my kids used to get great use out of it, but the middle bit Is broken and it was too fiddly and flimsy, so I wouldn’t buy another one the same

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

jlm29 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a sand and water (or even just a water) table? We have a little tikes fountain factory, and my kids used to get great use out of it, but the middle bit Is broken and it was too fiddly and flimsy, so I wouldn’t buy another one the same

Can’t recommend one, but lots of ways to make your own if you look for images online and fancy a project.

Hi there. We ordered this one last weekend and our 18 month old had his first full day with it yesterday. He didn't want to eat he was so excited. He was fed up of and had outgrown lots of his other toys.

https://worldofwondertoys.ie/product/smoby-sand-and-water-table-with-accessories/

We also got him a workbench with plastic tools from the same site but that's locked away until needed, hopefully in a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

We have the turtle sandbox and mine knock massive use out of it (18 months and 5) They’re in and out of it all day long. I don’t do much water play but just use a big plastic box when I am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

We have the turtle sandbox and mine knock massive use out of it (18 months and 5) They’re in and out of it all day long. I don’t do much water play but just use a big plastic box when I am

We have that sandpit too, I just never got sand before we locked down, and now I can’t get it! They loved the water table, that’s why I was going to replace it, but I think there were just too many “features” on the one we had, and they weren’t particularly sturdy. I might pull it out today and see if there’s any way of fixing it. I hate buying more plastic, but we’re at home so much that I wouldn’t mind if I thought we’d get the use out of it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

We have one almost the same as this,

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/outdoor/sand-and-water-tables/sand-and-water-tables/grow-n-up-sand-and-water-table/p/163675

I can't find the exact one, but we have had it going on ....4 years now I think? Constant play. Also ours comes with a lid which has been invaluable. Sand only - can't deal with water.

Friends have this one...

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/outdoor/sand-and-water-tables/sand-and-water-tables/step-2-naturally-playful-sand-and-water-table/p/100723

Despite the price, it is really an excellent table - all the kids go straight for it when we visit. I was thinking of buying it myself a couple of years ago, but I just couldn't justify spending on something we already had and was perfectly good!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If anyone does manage to get their hands on play sand, I'd be grateful if you could let me know where! My toddler keeps dumping all the sand out of the sand pit and it's running low now.

OP you may have difficulty getting one delivered at the minute, but if you've got a large tesco near you, it would be worth looking in there when you're doing your groceries. My mum got a great one there for my son a few years ago, and it's still going strong. I've seen the same one in stock when the good weather starts coming in every year, so with a bit of luck they'll have it again this year.

Toots wrote: »
    If anyone does manage to get their hands on play sand, I'd be grateful if you could let me know where! My toddler keeps dumping all the sand out of the sand pit and it's running low now.

OP you may have difficulty getting one delivered at the minute, but if you've got a large tesco near you, it would be worth looking in there when you're doing your groceries. My mum got a great one there for my son a few years ago, and it's still going strong. I've seen the same one in stock when the good weather starts coming in every year, so with a bit of luck they'll have it again this year.

Loads of the ones on the smyths website day new stock is expected between 08-12 april, so I’ll keep an eye. Not the end of the world If we don’t get one, but we might be lucky!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Fingers crossed! Have to say the sand pit has been a godsend the last few days, keeps them entertained for hours!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I am quite sure my toddler would be equally happy if the sand table was full of mud of some sort instead!!!

shesty wrote: »
    I am quite sure my toddler would be equally happy if the sand table was full of mud of some sort instead!!!

Mine would be too... but at least if it’s sand I can hoover it up when they traipse it across my kitchen floor. Mud.... not so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I live about a km from the beach and am genuinely considering going down to rob a bit of sand (think it might be illegal) for my two year old. We haven't had a sand pit before but can see how he would love it now.

I live about a km from the beach and am genuinely considering going down to rob a bit of sand (think it might be illegal) for my two year old. We haven't had a sand pit before but can see how he would love it now.

I totally would if it was close to me. You’ll get hours out of a bit of sand and a few scoops and cups. I don’t think I’ll bother with a water table, I put some water in the tuff tray a while ago, and gave them a few cups. It’s getting plenty mileage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I think sand pits are better. The little tikes turtle is great. Our Montesorri has it.
    We have the 2 blue shells. I put water in one part of it sometimes....my kids love putting the hook a duck game in dealz €1.50 into it.

I have been desperately searching for sand since school finished. My local hardware delivers and has put in an order to their suppliers but no joy.

I see newlands have 69 bags in stock but not taking online orders till 12th April!
    I don’t care I will pay the €8 delivery!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Sand is the new toilet paper! Loads of people on my Cuidiu FB Group looking for it as well.

20kg bags of sand available from newlands.ie but they seem to be charging €25 delivery.....not the €7.50 for up to 30kg stated on their website :(

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/outdoor/sand-and-water-tables/sand-and-water-tables/step-2-naturally-playful-sand-and-water-table/p/100723

We had this one for years, it was great. Good height for small kids to stand and play. Robust - we must have had it for 8 or 10 years, and passed it on recently. Pricey but well worth it. Umbrella actually was really useful for sunny days.

The learning store.ie have playsand €7.50 delivery.......12kg of sand is €10.
    24kg including delivery is coming in at €27.40 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

We have this one, seems to be out of stock tho. Kids play with it non stop

We even brought it in the car to France!

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/outdoor/sand-and-water-tables/sand-and-water-tables/aquaplay-lockbox/p/166412

If anyone is looking for sand I ordered some 2 days ago from glanbia. €3.50 per 15kg and €5 delivery for one bag or €10 delivery for 3 bags. I ordered 3 bags.....paid €20.50!! It was the best deal I could find.
    Just got a text from an post to saw it’s out for delivery today :)

https://www.glanbiaconnect.com/shop/product/Glenview-Playsand-15kg/9033004

Millem wrote: »
    If anyone is looking for sand I ordered some 2 days ago from glanbia. €3.50 per 15kg and €5 delivery for one bag or €10 delivery for 3 bags. I ordered 3 bags.....paid €20.50!! It was the best deal I could find.
    Just got a text from an post to saw it’s out for delivery today :)

https://www.glanbiaconnect.com/shop/product/Glenview-Playsand-15kg/9033004

I really want sand! It was in my second closest Tesco a couple of days ago. Think I’ll go there to do my shopping this week, but I’m quite sure it will be all gone by then. My brother works right beside that Tesco, but I obv couldn’t ask anyone to go to a shop for sand right now!
    It’s also in the garden centre, so hopefully I can get it there if it’s not gone when they get around to my email.

• Advertisement

I really want sand! It was in my second closest Tesco a couple of days ago. Think I’ll go there to do my shopping this week, but I’m quite sure it will be all gone by then. My brother works right beside that Tesco, but I obv couldn’t ask anyone to go to a shop for sand right now!
    It’s also in the garden centre, so hopefully I can get it there if it’s not gone when they get around to my email.

I am staying indoors I am afraid because I am pregnant!
    I got sick of ringing my local hardware store! €10 is grand for the delivery! I wanted 2 bags so got a bag for my neighbour as delivery was still going to cost €10!

Advertisement