Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health & Travel Insurance companies

Options
  • 09-04-2020 10:51am

Health

If you have private health insurance and require medical treatment at the minute, would you be sent to a public hospital/public ward or to a private hospital/your own room?

If it’s to the public hospital, what are the private health insurers doing with the money they would have paid out on your behalf before the pandemic happened?

Travel

Travel insurance companies are not offering cover if you booked after 16 March.

If you’ve had a holiday cancelled and the travel company are only offering booking a future date or a voucher (Shane Ross pushing voucher idea), if you rebook, I think that would be classed as a new booking. Where would you stand if you took a voucher and the travel company went bust?

Just thought I’d throw a few thoughts into a thread. The health insurance one was mentioned to me and would be interesting to know what they are doing with the money that they still collect every month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Health insurance companies should offer a partial refund or reduced premium rates. Especially the semi-state “not for profit” VHi.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Health insurance companies should offer a partial refund or reduced premium rates. Especially the semi-state “not for profit” VHi.

Or even put the money they would have paid back into the HSE.

Insurance companies are gonna do ok out of this crisis if they’re not called out. I just thought it was an interesting observation.

Advertisement