Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are the Irish such scofflaws?

Options
  • 09-04-2020 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Its embarrassing.

Local petrol station has had to move their gloves they had at the pumps indoors, as people were robbing them.

What is wrong with the Irish?

Is it the no consequence society we live in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

in retail its understood that about 10% of your staff will rob you so we can extrapolate that out into the population as a whole

in retail its understood that about 10% of your staff will rob you so we can extrapolate that out into the population as a whole

Surprised it's such a low %.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Damn humans

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Its embarrassing.

Local petrol station has had to move their gloves they had at the pumps indoors, as people were robbing them.

What is wrong with the Irish?

Is it the no consequence society we live in?

In a civilised country they would still be there. We have far to many uncivilized tramps on this island sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Tefral

I know it sounds mad but my theory on this is that is extends back to our ancestry with being rebellious against the English.

We are very lose with following the rules here and i really only began to learn that once i moved out of Ireland for a time. Have you ever seen the English queuing up compared to an Irish queue. The word orderly doesn't even come into it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

In a civilised country they would still be there. We have far to many uncivilized tramps on this island sadly.
    And one may ask why is this the case?
    Is it because there is a cohort on this island who gets everything handed to them for free, and these same people would have no problem robbing the gloves off the hands that are feeding and housing them.
    It's like they are entitled to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Joke I heard a long time ago.

An Irishman was driving in the US and was stopped by the Highway Patrol for speeding. As usual, Paddy tried to talk his way out of the ticket, which annoyed the officer. He ordered him out of his car, drew a line on the road and told Paddy not to cross it. The officer proceeded to knock a wing mirror off the car and turned back to see Paddy grinning to himself. Further damage was done to the car and every time the officer turned around Paddy was doubled up with laughter.

Eventually the cop asked Paddy what was so funny. Paddy replied, 'sure every time your back was turned I hopped over the line!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

rapul wrote: »
    Damn humans

Not just humans dammit, its the Irish, the worst race ever to walk the earth, we could be like Saudi Arabia and keep women as third class citizens after thoroughbreds or maybe india where the caste system has kept millions in poverty by virtue of birth or maybe South Africa the rape capital of the world and don't get me started on American gun laws where people feel the need to have military grade assault weapons as a constitutional right because you know " just in case " all examples of what we could aspire to be.

But no, here in little old ireland we steal gloves off garage forecourts, have we no shame, bring back the deat penalty i say and send them lowly snakes to hell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Tefral wrote: »
    I know it sounds mad but my theory on this is that is extends back to our ancestry with being rebellious against the English.

We are very lose with following the rules here and i really only began to learn that once i moved out of Ireland for a time. Have you ever seen the English queuing up compared to an Irish queue. The word orderly doesn't even come into it.

I think there is something to this, it's like a patriotic duty to break the law.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Not for this forum

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement