Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debenhams gone into liquidation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

UK stores are in administration wonder would Mike Ashley buy them out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Glaring gap on Henry Street as a consequence. Difficult to see who would take that retail space.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,952 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

JTMan wrote: »
    Glaring gap on Henry Street as a consequence. Difficult to see who would take that retail space.

Mr Price waiting in the wings.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

nullzero wrote: »
    Mr Price waiting in the wings.
    You think? The store in the square tallaght is very big. How big will
    Mr Price go?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,952 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

You think? The store in the square tallaght is very big. How big will
    Mr Price go?

Draw a pair of glasses on him and you've got Morrisey.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Maybe John Lewis will finally open here, but I could see the owners of Arnotts and Brown Thomas taking the space to stop them getting in - they have plenty of money to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Lux23 wrote: »
    Maybe John Lewis will finally open here, but I could see the owners of Arnotts and Brown Thomas taking the space to stop them getting in - they have plenty of money to play with.

Hotel
    Student accommodation
    Or apartments before it changes into another 'big' department store, those days are gone.

It would obviously have hurdles to cross first.

What it should become is the new central library.
    I know there is a plan to move it to Parnell square, but I don't see that working for many reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,324 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Lux23 wrote: »

John Lewis had difficulties prior to Covid and, as a quasi mutual, has limited access to capital. When Arnotts was to be redeveloped, they wnted to occupy much of the Jervis Centre as a temporary outlet. I wonder if that might now be an option on Henry St to allow the full Arnotts redevelopment to go ahead. Brown Thomas would be in a different market segment to John Lewis andf the only question is whether the A/BT group wants to take the A upmarket too.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Arnotts actually opened the Jervis store briefly. Obviously the redevelopment was stopped for other, economic reasons

They have different plans since and have only recently rented some of the space to Next. Plan for a hotel on the roof is approved too

Advertisement