Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving at the moment?

Options
  • 09-04-2020 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

I need to move house in the next few weeks and was hoping to give a notice of termination - but wondering if the guards will stop me? I'd need to make a good few trips cross country. Landlord's probably gonna be pissed but hey ho.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭whoopsadaisy

I am in similar situation, will be paying rent on new place from Thursday so I would like to make the move as smooth as possible but no idea how best to handle. Following for other posts..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I am in similar situation, will be paying rent on new place from Thursday so I would like to make the move as smooth as possible but no idea how best to handle. Following for other posts..

Welcome back :) I've always enjoyed your posts.... Long long long term lurker before joining :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Restriction of movement of applicable persons
    4. (1) An applicable person shall not leave his or her place of residence
    without reasonable excuse.
    (2) Without prejudice to the generality of what constitutes a reasonable excuse for the purposes of paragraph (1), such reasonable excuse includes an applicable person leaving his or her place of residence (in this paragraph referred to as the “relevant residence”) to -

(p) move to another residence where, in all the circumstances of the case, such movement is reasonably necessary, o

https://assets.gov.ie/72646/60db1b5e7e5e414a9c92dd04da0a67c4.pdf

Advertisement