Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health insurance/private healthcare and covid 19

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

We are getting approximately a 46% refund with Irish Life Health. We have good day to day which we are still using.

I think my vhi was around a 50% reduction.

My parents got the max reduction from vhi their day to day is rubbish. They are on an outdated overpriced plan though.
    So maybe if you have good day to day the refund is around 50%?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

Got 195 euro refund for the last 2 months from Laya but also useless to tell you when the money will be placed into your account etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

screamer wrote: »
    Got 195 euro refund for the last 2 months from Laya but also useless to tell you when the money will be placed into your account etc.

I think this lockdown has got so many people narky and nasty and expect every customer service person to have every iota of information at their fingertips.

If you check your account you'll see the credit go though last month. Guess what? - It will probably be the same time this month.

A little bit of effort on your own behalf may be a better option instead of calling people useless because they can't answer every question someone asks them

• Registered Users Posts: 24,359 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I have a private appointment on Friday but no idea if it will going ahead. No answer today so waiting on an email reply. Website has no info at all.

Laya have refunded me €65 twice now so far.

Really?

Wife has had nothing from vhi?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

silver2020 wrote: »
    I think this lockdown has got so many people narky and nasty and expect every customer service person to have every iota of information at their fingertips.

If you check your account you'll see the credit go though last month. Guess what? - It will probably be the same time this month.

A little bit of effort on your own behalf may be a better option instead of calling people useless because they can't answer every question someone asks them

Yep I checked their website no info. I sent feedback. BTW get out of it, they’re well able to tell you the exact dates they’ll take the money from your account and it varies every month, so lack of sharing the refund info is just sloppiness. And yes this lockdown causes stress and narkiness cause a lot of people have lost their regular incomes.

• Advertisement

lawred2 wrote: »
    Really?

Wife has had nothing from vhi..

Vhi just reduce your direct debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,359 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Millem wrote: »
    Vhi just reduce your direct debit.

since when did they start doing that out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Got the first rebate refunded today from Irish Life. Nice to see

My direct debit for the 1st June was reduced. It was taken out on the 2nd June due to bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭skitzyspider

silver2020 wrote: »

I know this message was not directed at me but the only person that seems to be narky and nasty is you silver2020. Your message is unhelpful and uncalled for.

Nobody expects every customer service employee to have all the information. People are complaining about how the Health Insurance companies are handling the situation. I understand that this pandemic crisis is new to everybody so the companies are trying their best to navigate it too but this has been going on months now and the lack of information and lack of rebates is not on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I have a private appointment on Friday but no idea if it will going ahead. No answer today so waiting on an email reply. Website has no info at all.

Laya have refunded me €65 twice now so far.

Private appointment is going ahead it seems!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

from June., meant to be for 3 months, though that could change. I got email form them telling what the new amount would be and went through on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Random sample

Got the first rebate refunded today from Irish Life. Nice to see

Me too, I was wondering at them taking money when it wasn’t due til I saw this post! I didn’t notice there wasn’t a minus sign beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭patrickmrogan

The private hospitals require a covid test 48h before a surgery, and are charging a big fee for this, but covid test is free if your referred by a GP for it

I'm wondering if you got your GP to refer you for a test and got the test done, could you show the results to the private hospital as proof that you don't have covid, and skip the test with them to avoid paying them

surely that should work? I also saw someone mention the same thing here https://twitter.com/LMEDelaney/status/1286007788003561475

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Moved to Covid forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I know two people who did this in the past three weeks. Timing was the issue, as the test had to be within a number of days of the surgery and they had to self isolate between the test and surgery.
    Best to check with the particular hospital though.

Did these 2 people you mention have the surgery done with private hospitals or public hospitals?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭JoeCole26

Any idea of the timeframe between taking the test and receiving the results at the moment? Thanks

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Son had surgery in a public hospital last week. Got test done 2 days before surgery.no charge

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I think some of the hospitals now have an arrangement with the insurance companies now. I had my test on Monday in the Beacon for my surgery and no charge to me

Is VHI covered for this test with private hospitals?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭cudsy1

Opinions sought -

Assuming public hospitals will be even more overrun this winter than normal winters due to covid, surely taking out private healthcare for the next 6 months, say oct-march wouldn't be a bad idea? Next summer then might be less busy again in public hospitals?

Advertisement