Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lrf fishing

Options
  • 10-04-2020 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Anyone here do a bit ? Bought a rod today out of pure boredom and would like to see some catches and methods people use , I normally lure fish for bass /salmon but doesn't matter what size the fish are once I'm catching I'm happy 😁

Will be sea fishing with the lrf not freshwater

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

yeah I fish lrf fairly often.
    generally use a fly rod with a small fixed spool, loaded with about 5lb mono.

terminal end is generally a small drilled bullet on the mainline, a swivel and short leader to a size 10 barbless hook. it varies a bit but this catches me a lot.

tiny mackerel scraps for bait

species in the last few months:
    pollock
    coalfish
    whiting
    codling
    grey gurnard
    red gurnard
    black goby
    scorpion fish
    herring
    sardine (surprise)
    dab

i usually fish like this from piers too. pretty lazy and sucessful

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

I will be doing a lot of lure fishing but no doubt I'll give the bait a go alright , the goal for this year is to catch as many different species on the lrf as I can

Actually can't wait to get out and get at it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭boomdocker

asa a matter of interest, what rod reel combo did you buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Agility lrf .5/7g
    Ninja 2000

Advertisement