Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Visiting children

• 10-04-2020 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Is anybody driving long distance to see their children from previous relationship?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

No.
    I really wanted to but I've simply had to stay put and not see my children as it's not essential (nurses, doctors etc are staying away from their families & working on the coal face of this pandemic daily - for me to flout the restrictions would be hugely disrespectful). They are 2hrs 10 min drive away - I am finding it tough as I had an illness 2017/18 where I was in isolation for nearly a year and I'm immunocompromised - so we have already had long seperations with unknown outcomes.
    There's been tears and heartache but it's got to be done.
    Hard as it may be - stay at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

well, going to see your children (under 18), or bringing children to see their other parent/ guardian, is a 'reasonable excuse' to leave your house

(n) if the applicable person is a parent or guardian of a child, or a
    person having a right of access to a child, give effect to
    arrangements for access to the child by -
    (i) the applicable person, or
    (ii) another person who is -
    (I) a parent or guardian of the child, or
    (II) a person having a right of access to the child,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

well, going to see your children (under 18), or bringing children to see their other parent/ guardian, is a 'reasonable excuse' to leave your house

(n) if the applicable person is a parent or guardian of a child, or a
    person having a right of access to a child, give effect to
    arrangements for access to the child by -
    (i) the applicable person, or
    (ii) another person who is -
    (I) a parent or guardian of the child, or
    (II) a person having a right of access to the child,

Could you and should you are 2 different answers.

Something like that I think has to be a case by case decision.

Visiting could have a negative effect on you or their health. As a parent I'm sure you would be worried for them and not so much about catching from them but then if everyone involved is healthy and had no contact, maybe it's ok.

Distance plays a part too. ironically it's the child from a previous relationship I can see as she lives with me. My wife and young children actually live abroad and I normally commute so I haven't seen them since mid February as I'm front line and they are on lockdown with no flights.

The echo shows that we picked up in the sales have more than justified the purchase I have to say. The girls love being able to just pop in and have a chat while we're all having dinner at the same time or while I'm cooking and they are getting ready for bed etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Could you and should you are 2 different answers.

if we were in a different forum, you'd get a different answer

• Advertisement
Advertisement