Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Affairs/IMHO Gangland Shooting Thread

Options
  • 10-04-2020 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭

I was initially told not to post so I didn’t post for the day but it gave no timeline of when I could post again, I presumed I could the next day as I could still comment and view the page. In the first instance I was banned for no reason I seen fit, MODS usually put up a warning not an outright You can post on this page, I feel like it was wrong as I had not abused anyone and I always try to be respectful. I’ve taken a lot of personal abuse and private messages to meet up and with that the person involved only got a week ban and I’m getting the same for a lot less. If the information was clearer I’d understand more, ie: how long I couldn’t comment for. Thank You I hope the ban is lifted as I enjoy the thread and I’ll be more watchful of anything getting heated.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threadbans continue until lifted by the mod

Are you contesting your threadban or forum ban?

This forum only deals with the forum ban. If you wish to contest that have you tried to resolve it directly with the mod who banned you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Beasty wrote: »
    Threadbans continue until lifted by the mod

Are you contesting your threadban or forum ban?

This forum only deals with the forum ban. If you wish to contest that have you tried to resolve it directly with the mod who banned you?

Yea I have PM’d the MOD but to no avail, I’ve not received anything back. I’ve only realized I’m banned from the forum too which is not right. Can you tell me what the instructions are when you are told not to post again, is that for a certain period of time, I’ve not been banned from things before so I dunno to be honest

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threadbans continue for the duration of the thread and all future continuations of the thread or until lifted by a mod

This was the post made by the mod
    Ken. wrote: »
    Mod-Banana Republic. and Truthseeker111. Do not post in this thread again.

There was clearly no stated end of the threadban

Your forum ban was for ignoring the threadban.

Two different mods were involved - mike_ie issued the forum ban. Ken. issued the threadban

You need to discuss each sanction with the relevant mod

This forum deals with the forum ban - if you are unable to reach a resolution with mike_ie then you can return to this thread and ask a CMod to adjudicate

If you wish to contest the threadban and are unable to resolve it directly with Ken. then that should be dealt with in the Help Desk forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Beasty wrote: »
    Threadbans continue for the duration of the thread and all future continuations of the thread or until lifted by a mod

This was the post made by the mod

There was clearly no stated end of the threadban

Your forum ban was for ignoring the threadban.

Two different mods were involved - mike_ie issued the forum ban. Ken. issued the threadban

You need to discuss each sanction with the relevant mod

This forum deals with the forum ban - if you are unable to reach a resolution with mike_ie then you can return to this thread and ask a CMod to adjudicate

If you wish to contest the threadban and are unable to resolve it directly with Ken. then that should be dealt with in the Help Desk forum

Thank you I now understand a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Ban from the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been lifted after discussion via PM. However, the threadban is still in place, unless you come to an agreement with the moderator (Ken.) who implemented it.

Marking this as resolved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement