If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for 43” TV

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Chr15 wrote: »
    Hi,  

Looking to replace my dads TV which has just broken. Looking at the following options. Could you recommend which is best. Used for general TV watching, sports and movies but would like him to have Netflix too.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204345-samsung-ue43ru7020-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-with-apple-tv-app.aspx

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204084-lg-43um7400plb-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204206-philips-43pus6754-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Appreciate any help with this. Thanks
    Hi Chr15.

Thanks for the email.

At the moment the 43" Philips is totally out of stock.

The LG 43UM7400 would be a good purchase. It would be very close picture wise between it and the 7020 but i feel the LG does product the better picture. It has Netflix and now Apple Airplay 2 and the new Apple TV app as well as many others.
    Currently price at 359 Euro and can be purchased via the link above.

I hope this helps a little.

Any questions please let us know..

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Chr15

Thanks Kenny.

I ordered the Samsung online. My parents aren’t fans of LG apparently. My dad is counting down the days til he can watch TV again!

Chr15 wrote: »
    Thanks Kenny.

I ordered the Samsung online. My parents aren’t fans of LG apparently. My dad is counting down the days til he can watch TV again!
    Thanks for the order Chr15!

Let me know if you have any issues!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Could I hijack this thread rather than create another?

I currently have a Sony 43W807 android TV....a few years old now but a decent TV nonetheless.

It has been running slow of late and I wonder if I was to buy a budget 4K TV would I get a noticeable step up in quality in terms of picture or userability with a new TV?

I mostly watch Freesat HD, RTE HD on Saorview and Netflix. 

Or should I just stick with my Sony for now?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Could I hijack this thread rather than create another?

I currently have a Sony 43W807 android TV....a few years old now but a decent TV nonetheless.

It has been running slow of late and I wonder if I was to buy a budget 4K TV would I get a noticeable step up in quality in terms of picture or userability with a new TV?

I mostly watch Freesat HD, RTE HD on Saorview and Netflix. 

Or should I just stick with my Sony for now?
    Hi Niman.

As the W807 is only Full HD there would be a good jump up to the current 4K range of televisions.

If you wanted to stock with a Sony with an Android operating system then you could check out the Sony KD43XG8196 coming in at £499
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203986-sony-bravia-kd43xg8196bu-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

If you wanted to go up in size there is the 49XG8196 priced at £549
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203987-sony-bravia-kd49xg8196bu-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Might be slightly pricey but could I check the width of the tv, as any replacement has to fix in a certain space.

My current w807 is 960mm wide, and my available space is 970.

The spec on the tv you mentioned is 1101mm? Seems an awful lot more for the same 43" screen.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Might be slightly pricey but could I check the width of the tv, as any replacement has to fix in a certain space.

My current w807 is 960mm wide, and my available space is 970.

The spec on the tv you mentioned is 1101mm? Seems an awful lot more for the same 43" screen.
    Hey NIMAN.

I think you might be looking at the 49" version.

The width of the 43" would be 970mm which is bang on the size you have so it might be too tight.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.