Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-quarantine to do in DCN

• 10-04-2020 2:03pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Takeaway from Roseland (I'm too far for delivery right now), Sanuk

Eat in:
    J2 sushi (I love sushi), Shaker & Vine (definitely including cocktails), Eddie Rockets. I still haven't tried any of the new restaurants in the Pavillions so should give them a go.

Misc:
    Walk in Malahide castle/Ardgillan
    Coast road Malahide to Portmarnock walk
    Have a go on a swing (I will never grow out of them)
    Hair cut!
    Cinema

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I have had J2 takeaway many times, their food is excellent, the restaurant location has always seemed to cause problems, there have been a number of decent enough restaurants situated there that have never lasted for whatever reason.

Shaker and Vine is my current favourite restaurant for dine in in Swords, and I would highly recommend.

The kids love Eddie Rockets and tbh it is my favourite go to for junk food, just a tad on the pricey side.

The cafe in the Garden Center in Malahide is very nice for a brunch.

I am a big fan of the Brew in Ballyboughal, often stop there when out cycling, but the family like it for Brunch as well, so we often take a trip down.

Other notable mentions Il Panorama in Malahide, Milanos in the Pavillions and Zaytoons as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Looks like we'll all be heading to Shaker & Vine, I love it too. Also Eddie Rockets, and Five Guys.

Sunday lunch in the Man O' War.

Breakfast in The Cottage in Swords.

Walks on Portmarnock beach, and visiting all the DCN beaches!

Picnics at Tower Bay

Going to Newbridge House with my grandsons.

Having the family in for dinner and boardgames, kebab nights, murder mystery nights.

It's amazing how exciting all the normal, close to home and at home pleasures have become :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

As long as its not pushing up daisies in Balrothery graveyard I'll be happy enough....

RobFowl wrote: »
    As long as its not pushing up daisies in Balrothery graveyard I'll be happy enough....

Would you be happier pushing up poppies? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭billyhead

Go for a long unrestricted cycle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Skerries for coffee.Actually anywhere for coffee.
    Bring the kids to Ardgillan, Newbridge, Skerries, the Pavilions, the cinema....anywhere they want to go.
    Visit parents, friends, cousins, sisters.
    And although I don't expect it to be too soon, I am so looking forward to the day I can drop them back off at their preschool and school and see their little excited faces when they see their friends.
    Go swimming for myself.Really missing my usual form of exercise and running is out due to an injury....so I am also awaiting my next physio appointment with impatience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Im lucky enough to be still working. Im meeting people everyday even a distance I know from chatting to a few they miss meeting other adults for a chat. I get out for a walk every evening with the dogs and trick around with the camera.

But I miss getting up at weekend and just heading off with my camera. Could be Howth or Tower bay depending on time. This year I miss the Rockabill Off Road MCC and Milverton off road grasstrack events and also the road racing season is gone now.
    With my kids in Pipe bands we had 5 trips to Scotland this year for major competitions but all have been cancelled. My sons band are current world champions in their grade and favourites to do well again but as they say they hold their title for 2 years but only 1 medal.
    I like Loughshinny harbour and the cliff walk from Rush.
    I think it will be a while before I get to Howth or Tower bay

So a great week for me at the end would be a band competition, a grasstrack event and maybe Skerries 100 or East coast road races.

Anyway #StaySafe #StayHome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Highlights and a haircut :D

I wonder why J2 arent doing deliveries like the rest of the pubs/restaurants? I'm really missing sushi. We got GFP on Monday delivered and it was AMAZING! Defo recommend!

Telly wrote: »
    I wonder why J2 arent doing deliveries like the rest of the pubs/restaurants? I'm really missing sushi.

They were earlier in the lockdown, not sure why they stopped, I last ordered from them a couple of weeks back.

ZXtF4Ma.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Telly wrote: »
    Highlights and a haircut :D

I wonder why J2 arent doing deliveries like the rest of the pubs/restaurants? I'm really missing sushi. We got GFP on Monday delivered and it was AMAZING! Defo recommend!

Is the Swords branch doing takeaway now? That'd be fab - I thought it was only Santry and Dun Laoghaire.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

THey made a "big announcement" today on their facebook page (and I am sure their website too if you check it!). I think they are doing online ordering, just have a check and see. They seem to have expanded their service anyway.

I would just love a takeaway coffee, but I don't think I am bothered going all the way to Santry for it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Swords GFP has been doing delivery and collection for a while now.

Had an excellent lunch from there on Monday and a takeaway another day while I was out for my walk.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Speaking of GFP, we had a huge family brunch there just after Christmas. Babies, parents and all the grandparents together. That's one of the first things I'm looking forward to doing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Is the Swords branch doing takeaway now? That'd be fab - I thought it was only Santry and Dun Laoghaire.

They sure are open in swords and on just eat. The food was piping hot. The other half has only ever had breakfast there and now wants this once a week :) hope they still do deliveries when everything is back to normal.

Advertisement