Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint during Covid19

Options
  • 10-04-2020 2:05pm
    Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭

Any ideas if anywhere in Cork, or near Cork is selling paint these days? Obviously behind closed doors, but any doing online sales or over the phone sales?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭yogmeister

Any ideas if anywhere in Cork, or near Cork is selling paint these days? Obviously behind closed doors, but any doing online sales or over the phone sales?

I heard Hickeys on maylor St is open. You could try ringing them to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

I think pat MC Donnell paints are doing delivery, not sure if it's phone or internet orders.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

.red. wrote: »
    I think pat MC Donnell paints are doing delivery, not sure if it's phone or internet orders.

Website just says they've shut their doors. Nothing about online orders. I'll give them a try sure

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Was in Hickeys the other day nearly died at the price of paint they only had this fancy paint brand I think 2.5l was 100 euros or so,

Even cheap white wash for the walls 45 euros for a small bucket of it,

Ended up buying paint from some shop in Carlow that’s selling online, THE PAINT HUB that’s what there called two week wait time for the paint,

However I bought 3 2.5l for less then what Hickeys were charging for 2.5l

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Was in Hickeys the other day nearly died at the price of paint they only had this fancy paint brand I think 2.5l was 100 euros or so,

Even cheap white wash for the walls 45 euros for a small bucket of it,

Ended up buying paint from some shop in Carlow that’s selling online, THE PAINT HUB that’s what there called two week wait time for the paint,

However I bought 3 2.5l for less then what Hickeys were charging for 2.5l

Was that all Little Greene Paint? Bought a small tin of it once. Expensive alright but it was good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Website just says they've shut their doors. Nothing about online orders. I'll give them a try sure

Apologies, my dad told me yesterday they were delivering

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

mordeith wrote: »
    Was that all Little Greene Paint? Bought a small tin of it once. Expensive alright but it was good.

That’s the one and that’s all they had when I was in there, no paint is worth 100 euros a tin,

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭stickman1019

Flavins and Brodericks in Youghal are doing a delivery service

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Paint lux Dublin,free delivery,wait for 4/ 6 days,niece ordered and on the way,good reviews, reasonable

That’s the one and that’s all they had when I was in there, no paint is worth 100 euros a tin,

Painter here,only paint worth over e100 is colortend, used Farrow and B last year in a house no difference to the Dulux washable I used a week later ( easier to lay on but that's about it) need to be sectioned to pay huge money for paint,too many ladies watching interior design magazines and beleiving all the hype, wranglers or Levi's, Aldi or Lidl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hardware shops are allowed open this weekend, but usual rules of essential journeys only apply

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Mushy wrote: »
    Hardware shops are allowed open this weekend, but usual rules of essential journeys only apply

Any hardware shop that actually opens should have gardai outside fining people more than 2km from home. Just because they technically can open due to a loophole does not mean that they should open. Woodies are not opening and good on them.

Ludo wrote: »
    Any hardware shop that actually opens should have gardai outside fining people more than 2km from home. Just because they technically can open due to a loophole does not mean that they should open. Woodies are not opening and good on them.

It's more co ops AFAIK for farmers

Are woodies and b&q open, ran out of paint.

I get what you say about finding, but it's also good for people to stay occupied

• Registered Users Posts: 18,128 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I think they should be open, its an easy way of keeping people inside. I'd repaint my whole house right now if I could. Provided proper social distancing measures were used in store

rob316 wrote: »
    I think they should be open, its an easy way of keeping people inside. I'd repaint my whole house right now if I could. Provided proper social distancing measures were used in store

Just finished, carpets gone, ceiling to floor, plus rads,doors, skirting boards,garden,front/ back of house, garden shed, spindles,,,,, nothing for next week

Just finished, carpets gone, ceiling to floor, plus rads,doors, skirting boards,garden,front/ back of house, garden shed, spindles,,,,, nothing for next week

I take it your not working from home then

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Sounds that like all they're doing

My own house, trying to keep busy,used up all my leftovers ,so cost me nothing,and had my kid sanding and undercoating/ masking off etc to show him what he will be doing if he doesn't stay at the books,
    few days helping me softened his cough ref complaining about studying,any advice I can give to anyone pm

Pat McDonell paints doing free delivery from tomorrow. Happy days.

• Advertisement

Painter here,only paint worth over e100 is colortend, used Farrow and B last year in a house no difference to the Dulux washable I used a week later ( easier to lay on but that's about it) need to be sectioned to pay huge money for paint,too many ladies watching interior design magazines and beleiving all the hype, wranglers or Levi's, Aldi or Lidl

I've found Johnstone's to be better than dulux and better value. BnQ own brand is very good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Pat McDonell paints doing free delivery from tomorrow. Happy days.

Website down as reached resource limits. Half of Cork is looking for paint at this stage!!!

I've found Johnstone's to be better than dulux and better value. BnQ own brand is very good too.

each to his own, Johnstones is good,Dulux better, colortend best

Using it everyday you'll soon see the vast difference, colortend is my preference,but trying to convince clients is a different story

Website down as reached resource limits. Half of Cork is looking for paint at this stage!!!

They only take orders by phone or email

• Registered Users Posts: 25,265 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Not sure if online is open, call and ask
    https://www.mcdonoghdirect.ie/paints-c102x1707352

Advertisement