If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55" - 58" LED TV

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

J@yK@y wrote: »
    Hello 
    Hope everyone is keeping well.

I am in looking for a 55" / 58" tv - probably at the high end of LED and not ready (budget wise) for OLED at this point.

I have had two panasonics for years so was looking at :

TX58GX800B
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203992-panasonic-tx58gx800b-58-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

But would also consider LG options if they are considered a better buy over the panasonic.

(not sure the model number for this one?) 
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204499-lg-55-nanocell-tv-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-nanocell-led-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx?swapstore=1

55SM8600PLA

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204041-lg-55sm8600pla-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-nanocell-led-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

Which of these options is the best buy right now? 
    I will use with Marrantz NR1510 and Boston Acoustics Soundware speakers package I got of you guys 8-9 years ago.

Is it possible to split payment over two cards? I have a prepaid mastercard for part of the cost.

Any others you would recommend?

Thank you
    John
    Hey John.

Thanks for the post.

In my opinion the LG's would be the ones to go for as they use Nano Cell technology.

One is the 55SM8600 and the other the 55SM9010.
    The man difference between these tow woull be that the 9010 uses full array back light which gives a more even spread of the back light which helps give the better contrast of the two.
    Both are fantastic televisions.

The 55SM8600 is currently priced at £699 and has RSTV40 against it, dropping it to £659.00
    The 55SM9010 priced at £749 and has RSTV75 against it, dropping it to £670.00

Delivery would cost just £6.99 and they all come with our 6 year guarantee free of charge.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 yalittlebeauty

Hi Kenny,

I was also looking at getting a new 55" of similar price & specs . Does the RSTV code apply online as I tried to apply it for the 9010 model price at 849 . Will the apps work in the south ? I'm not bothered about freeview really ! 

Also could you recommend a good quality sound bar/ system to go with this T.V .

Thanks,
    Les

Hi Kenny,

I was also looking at getting a new 55" of similar price & specs . Does the RSTV code apply online as I tried to apply it for the 9010 model price at 849 . Will the apps work in the south ? I'm not bothered about freeview really ! 

Thanks,
    Les
    Hi Les,

The RSTV vouchers are only available on the sterling prices unfortunately as the Euro prices have already been discounted.

A lot of apps are region specific so I can't guarantee that all apps will work. Things like Netflix, Amazon Prime and youtube will work but apps like BBC iPlayer will not work for you!

If you're looking for a good soundbar for this TV I would go with one of the LG Atmos soundbars which pair really well with them. I would look at the LG SL8Y at £449.

https://www.richersounds.ie/cssearch.aspx?searchterm=sl8y&swapstore=1#pgnum=&sort=

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

Hi Kenny
    Thank you for advice and quote.

I am going to go with this option:

I want to split the payment over a prepaid mastercard and regular so I will PM my address and Phone number if that is ok.

Thank you
    John

Hi Kenny
    Thank you for advice and quote.

I am going to go with this option:

I want to split the payment over a prepaid mastercard and regular so I will PM my address and Phone number if that is ok.

Thank you
    John
    Hey J@yK@Y.

Thanks for the PM :)

I'll drop you a call ASAP.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

Thanks,
    Les
    Hi Les,

The RSTV vouchers are only available on the sterling prices unfortunately as the Euro prices have already been discounted.

A lot of apps are region specific so I can't guarantee that all apps will work. Things like Netflix, Amazon Prime and youtube will work but apps like BBC iPlayer will not work for you!

If you're looking for a good soundbar for this TV I would go with one of the LG Atmos soundbars which pair really well with them. I would look at the LG SL8Y at £449.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David
    Hi David, 

I think I'll go with this . How do i proceed?? 

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

Thank you to Kenny and the Richersounds team. Received by new TV one day early yesterday and very happy with it so far.

Thanks a lot!
    John

Thank you to Kenny and the Richersounds team. Received by new TV one day early yesterday and very happy with it so far.

Thanks a lot!
    John
    Excellent News John :D

Hopefully you'll get time over the weekend to sit and enjoy some movies on it.

Thanks again for the business.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Yelworc14

Hi RS

Will the RSTV code return for the LG55SM9010?

Thanks

Y14

Yelworc14 wrote: »
    Hi RS

Will the RSTV code return for the LG55SM9010?

Thanks

Y14
    Hey Y14.

I'm not sure to be honest.

The deals, prices and codes have been changing all over the place the last few days.
    There was a Sony 10% off which was running. It stopped for two days and then went live again this morning.
    SPRING** codes have started to pop up against some products also as the day has prgressed.

Keep your eye on our .co.uk site as the codes tend to go live on the products there first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Yelworc14

Thanks DavidS

Yelworc14 wrote: »
    Thanks DavidS
    No problem Yelworc14.

Kenny.

Thanks to all at Richer Sounds !

For a super fast delivery of my LG Nano Cell 55” 4K TV & Sonas Beam Soundbar. Ordered on Monday night & took delivery of it this morning !

Thanks
    Great Service ðŸ‘

Thanks to all at Richer Sounds !

For a super fast delivery of my LG Nano Cell 55” 4K  TV & Sonas Beam Soundbar. Ordered on Monday night & took delivery of it this morning !

Thanks
    Great Service ðŸ‘
    Thanks so much for the post yalittlebeauty! :D

Hope you enjoy the new set up!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.