Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenere 700

Options
  • 10-04-2020 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Anyone had a spin off one of these yet???

Been looking at a few choices in adv style bikes the past few weeks (who hasn't been dreaming in the past few weeks) and they seem good value.. i know they're very basic compared to say the new ktm 790 or the baby gs.

I tend to go down a lot of ****ty back roads in west cork exploring and mainly by means of supermotos and a poor sv650 back in the day. I have never had the joys of doing much touring or going for a bit of camping but if it was a bike to belt around back roads with the potential to do a bit of distance they seem good value (shade over 11k)

'Hdz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Would love one.and there's only a few new bikes I'd say that about. 44 teeth had a review of one if that's of interest. I think it's a bike that would work very well for what you describe.
    You could do the whole get an older bike and modernise/customise some areas that would make it fill yoit breif perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

H_Lime wrote: »
    Would love one.and there's only a few new bikes I'd say that about. 44 teeth had a review of one if that's of interest. I think it's a bike that would work very well for what you describe.
    You could do the whole get an older bike and modernise/customise some areas that would make it fill yoit breif perfectly.

I gave that a watch.. he was pretty blown away by it by all means! E11500 for a basic one here. Going by the prices in the uk the accessories are a little over priced (rally pack is 1500 sterling for a slip on akra, tank pad, led indicators and a chain guard and rally seat) the seat and the can are about the only bit I'd deem viable (wings can for 450 and the seat is 300)

I was thinking I'd try keep it simple in terms of what I want from the bike in terms of if I do want to go do a bit of short touring I can get all that stuff afters.. a 790 adv R was my other option but looking at 4 to 5k more for a very mid way bike .. I'd love one an all.. but 5k??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭H_Lime

hedzball wrote: »
    I gave that a watch.. he was pretty blown away by it by all means! E11500 for a basic one here. Going by the prices in the uk the accessories are a little over priced (rally pack is 1500 sterling for a slip on akra, tank pad, led indicators and a chain guard and rally seat) the seat and the can are about the only bit I'd deem viable (wings can for 450 and the seat is 300)

I was thinking I'd try keep it simple in terms of what I want from the bike in terms of if I do want to go do a bit of short touring I can get all that stuff afters.. a 790 adv R was my other option but looking at 4 to 5k more for a very mid way bike .. I'd love one an all.. but 5k??
    Absolutely not worth the 5k extra unless you have a serious gra for it and 5k to blow imo.
    If I was in a position to buy it I would even tho I've three trailies. This seems a nice balance of power, ergos, weight and handling. It would be a perfect Dr big to caponord filler for me so buy one, spend a whack load of money making it perfect and then sell to me in a yr:)

Advertisement