Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quotes. Shorter validity now?

Options
  • 10-04-2020 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭

I'm doing my annual shopping and the quotes seem to have much shorter times on them this year.

Is this a new thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

It varies and is purely a sales technique ie you get a cheaper price than your renewal but the price is only valid for a day/week/whatever you may be more inclined to buy there and then than continue to shop around for fear of losing this cheaper price. I'd be 100% confident that if you got another quote after the initial one had expired you would get an identical (or very near identical) quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

It varies and is purely a sales technique ie you get a cheaper price than your renewal but the price is only valid for a day/week/whatever you may be more inclined to buy there and then than continue to shop around for fear of losing this cheaper price. I'd be 100% confident that if you got another quote after the initial one had expired you would get an identical (or very near identical) quote.

Thanks for the reply. I had always heard that the quotes get higher as you approach renewal date. Hopefully as you say that's not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,778 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes some I did recently were only for 7-10 days, normally they were around a month or right up to your expiry date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

It is not uncommon for insurers to advise their distribution channels that rates will be changing on a certain date. Obviously, they cannot guarantee your premium for any period beyond that date.

It is not uncommon for insurers to advise their distribution channels that rates will be changing on a certain date. Obviously, they cannot guarantee your premium for any period beyond that date.

Would this be a regular occurrence or can I infer that this is an unusual event related to Covid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Would this be a regular occurrence or can I infer that this is an unusual event related to Covid?

Since God was a child

Since God was a child

Thanks Eggs.

Advertisement