Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Self esteem/self confidence....

• 10-04-2020 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I have always had terribly low self esteem & self confidence and I just can't shake it off! :(

Its got even worse the past few days which I didn't even think was possible....I think I'm at breaking point

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

Hi there,

It's not easy to share when we're finding things tough. Give yourself credit for reaching out and wanting to feel better.

If you are at breaking point please talk to someone like Samaritans on 116 123 at any time - you don't have to feel like this alone.

So many people are feeling more anxious than usual at the moment with all this Covid stuff. So much so that the experts at Aware have a big section about this on their website - maybe have a look at www.aware.ie

Sending you a big virtual hug Op! You're going to get through this - eat the elephant one bite at a time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

SHELDON88 wrote: »
    I have always had terribly low self esteem & self confidence and I just can't shake it off! :(

Its got even worse the past few days which I didn't even think was possible....I think I'm at breaking point

What have you done for yourself in regards to your low self esteem and low confidence issues? What has you at breaking point over the last few days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Op, sounds like you are having a particularly hard time - in the past and in particular right now.

There are people who can help. Fair play to you posting here as a first step.

Would you consider having a chat with your GP?

Btw you are not alone. A lot of people are finding things hard right now. Actually that reminds me, a new website has been launched just today to help. It has helpline numbers etc

https://www.gov.ie/en/campaigns/together/?referrer=/together/

Stay strong op and ask for help when needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

One thing that can really help is to have an ambition to get good at something that you are not good at now. Work hard at it. There should be a decent challenge to what ever it is and after a few months you will get much better and you will feel better and hopefully more confident in yourself. It needs to be something that really interests you though.

As an example. Years ago I was hopeless in the gym. Could barely lift a weight or run. After 6 months of half killing myself my happiness and self confidence grew. There's something about seeing small improvements gradually that can really lift spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SHELDON88

I've seen CBT therapist in the past....other than that I mediate, read self help books.

Its just always there. Maybe with the virus etc & being alone all the time its intensified

• Advertisement
Advertisement