Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid19 Part XV - 15,251 in ROI (610 deaths) 2,645 in NI (194 deaths) (19/04) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

A 23 year old has died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭skallywag

Trend is still not good at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

A decrease at least.

I wouldn't class 3 as a decrease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Cases surely need to be dropping by tomorrow. I thought the peak was meant to be last week?! How can more people be getting this if we all stuck indoors!?

Intensive care numbers have dropped to 158.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,802 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

657 new Irish cases, 411 german. 38 deaths RIP. Slight increase in cases today, similar enough growth rate.

Does along with mean you add the 411 to the 657, or is it included in the 657? It doesn't be clearly worded at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

A 23 year old has died.

that 4 under the age of 34 now?

I thought this old killed the elderly what's happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

About 6% or so increase.

Cases surely need to be dropping by tomorrow. I thought the peak was meant to be last week?! How can more people be getting this if we all stuck indoors!?
    These are mostly coming from the backlog. Majority are old cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,628 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

657 new Irish cases, 411 german. 38 deaths RIP. Slight increase in cases today, similar enough growth rate.

Seems like the extra lab capacity is able to pick up more cases now as well which is also good news. The more strict testing guidelines would also contribute to an increased number of cases found

Ace2007 wrote: »

May be some with underlying issues.

Does along with mean you add the 411 to the 657, or is it included in the 657? It doesn't be clearly worded at times.
    No the total additional cases added is over 1000. Of those, 657 are new cases and 411 are from the historical cases sent to Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

A decrease at least.

What are you talking about? The deaths may be a couple down but they’ve been fluctuating around the same amount for some time now, but this is the highest new cases in one day, is it not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,578 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

That seems much more likely.

Honestly, the misinformation is head-wrecking.

It certainly is.

The truly odd thing is that some idiots get a kick out of spreading it around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,628 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A 23 year old has died.

RIP

ICU numbers down again today, another postive.

You add to the 657

The 411 are a week to 10 days old,

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Yes you add them. The overall total increases by 1,068

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

is_that_so wrote: »
    May be some with underlying issues.

It doesn't matter if they had an underlying condition ffs. They still lost their lives. I don't know why people are hung up on underlying conditions. It's like some of you's are happy to write off anyone with an underlying condition.

Positive rate is constant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

90% are over 65, you thought correctly.

Cases surely need to be dropping by tomorrow. I thought the peak was meant to be last week?!

are ye paying attention at all like??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

A decrease at least.

Ye i forgot that the german are given seperately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

May the 38 people who died rest in peace

shocksy wrote: »
    It's like you's all are happy to write off anyone with an underlying condition.

really???

It doesn't matter if they had an underlying condition ffs. They still lose their lives. I don't know why people are hung up on underlying conditions. It's like you'd all are happy to write off anyone with an underlying condition.
    There is no writing people off, it's just an observation but hey ho swing away like a drunken Viking.

CMO saying the increase in cases appears to be due to the increase of testing picking up more cases while GP referrals are dropping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Even the common flu can kill a healthy young adult if you get unlucky.

RIP to all the souls lost.

Let's pray for significant falls in case numbers and deaths in the coming days and weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

easypazz wrote: »
    90% are over 65, you thought correctly.

Is 65 considered old now?

You learn something new everyday

CMO saying the increase in cases appears to be due to the increase of testing picking up more cases while GP referrals are dropping.
    I reckon after tomorrow we'll be seeing very low case numbers. The backlog is making it look like we've exploded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭spookwoman

10/04/20 480 + 1035 german numbers
    11/04/20 553 + 286 german lab result
    12/04/20 430 + 297 german labs
    13/04/20 527 + 468 german labs
    14/04/20 548 + 284 german labs
    15/04/20 657 + 411 german labs
    Today's 109 increase is not good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

All age groups can die from this that's been no secret, just far more likely in older age groups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,682 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Wasn't very convincing, the way he was talking he wasn't totally sure himself

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It doesn't matter if they had an underlying condition ffs. They still lost their lives. I don't know why people are hung up on underlying conditions. It's like you's all are happy to write off anyone with an underlying condition.
    Well I think a lot of people will have some assurance if they, or their loved ones, do not have underlying conditions, if this sort of info is provided

Of course it's the opposite for anyone who does have an underlying condition. I fully understand how many people appreciate this sort of information

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

It doesn't matter if they had an underlying condition ffs. They still lost their lives. I don't know why people are hung up on underlying conditions. It's like you's all are happy to write off anyone with an underlying condition.

What do you expect people to say aside from RIP ..........people die all the time from all manner of things including this virus and unless you know them or someone close to them they are a statistical number, it's a cold hard fact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Grim George is hogging it now

I reckon after tomorrow we'll be seeing very low case numbers. The backlog is making it look like we've exploded.

We had our highest ever number of fresh cases today, 657. The German test backlog has nothing to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Death rate is increasing too.

More testing doesn't increase your death rate...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

Great post.

You're pissing against the wind, unfortunately, appealing to some people's common sense around issues involving Trump.

Hatred is always likely to bring out irrational responses from people. Even people who are not normally predisposed to such irrationality. Trump just seems to be like a red rag to a bull with many people.

I've never understood the insane level of hatred for him personally. Especially when you consider what other world leaders are doing (or not doing). Has anyone heard a peep out of any of the Chinese leaders, since they unleashed this deadly virus on the world, as an example?

You'd swear Trump created this virus himself, the way some people attack him! ;)

Completely agree, the man is so utterly inept and ineffectual in the role, it's a waste of time. Bypass him. Ignore his daily press comedy routine and get on with real business instead of his reality TV sideshow.

spookwoman wrote: »
    They are near the end of that backlog. He did say that the positivity rate is quite constant.

I'm really not sure about that. It seems to be a matter of more results coming through. As has been stated many times before it's deaths, ICU and hospital numbers that are more indicative of the spread of this, rather than a figure that's a product of the number of tests undertaken rather than the number infected

rm212 wrote: »
    We had our highest ever number of fresh cases today, 657. The German test backlog has nothing to do with it.
    You realise that part of the backlog is part of the Irish total? We didn't send the entire backlog to Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,942 ✭✭✭growleaves

Is 65 considered old now?

You learn something new everyday

Its literally the age at which you are considered an old age pensioner in this country.

We'll see, they did say 20% of the backlog was being processed in irish labs so of the 657 there could be part of the backlog.

Sounds like the labs now have capacity, lab in UCD is working with spare capacity at the moment. Hence the question there about expanding the case definition potentially next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

More testing is always going to find more cases, for a while yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

Meaningless to say 'not good' without knowing how many tests were done.

rm212 wrote: »
    As a "%" increase it's fairly stable so we can still expect larger number increases.

You realise that part of the backlog is part of the Irish total? We didn't send the entire backlog to Germany.

Only a small amount, they confirmed previously. This is wishful thinking.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement