Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid19 Part XV - 15,251 in ROI (610 deaths) 2,645 in NI (194 deaths) (19/04) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Seamai wrote: »
    Had a fúcker cycling towards me on a narrow footpath this afternoon expecting me to step off on to the road, WTF! Gave me a filthy look as he moved onto the road less than 2m in front of me. Lucky for him that I was in such a calm mood. Normally I'd have blown a gasket.

Lucky for him? What does that mean in fairness. What would you have done if he wasnt lucky 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

mean gene wrote: »
    work in one was told yesterday july
    Sounds reasonable timeframe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    How will they control social distancing
    wont be able to but their ya go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

paddythere wrote: »
    My uncle is head chef in a pub, got a letter from office of Taoiseach. Few others have said they got the letter too

Karen on Facebook says you're wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭giveitholly

My uncle is head chef in a pub, got a letter from office of Taoiseach. Few others have said they got the letter too

Why would the head chef of a pub get it,How would Leo know he was a chef in a pub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I love a good graph.

Just to reiterate we are still in a situation where only 0.03% of the world have been infected with this.

To me a few things stick out from that.

1. Lockdowns are working

2. Perhaps this disease isn't as contagious as we think.

3. Maybe testing is really low. If so we have to ask ourselves the question as to why. Perhaps this isn't as critical as we are being led to believe.

The disease is highly infectious, numerous evidence on that but being aware and acting makes a massive difference. Lockdowns are working.

Testing is now significant in many countries, including here. Testing is limited due to reagent shortage globally.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

domrush wrote: »
    What a crock of ****e

Its actually not, I seen the letter. Will post it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is your uncle Kylie :p

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Humilde

MarkY91 wrote: »
    How is it Leo's fault that the virus won't be gone until it's gone?

Is it his fault that people are scruff bags and have no sense of hygiene?

Varadkar, the HSE, WHO are responsible for lots of deaths, as are many other so called leaders, as they failed to close the borders of the countries on time. They let it come in first before deciding to do anything. We expect poor decisions from politicians anyway but this time their failures have been literally fatal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Good source.

Why would the head chef of a pub get it,How would Leo know he was a chef in a pub?

I'd imagine the civil service do the letters not Leo himself. Letter sent to the manager who sent it to forwarded it to uncle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Don't. I was actually sent it on WhatsApp. It's fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

wont be able to but their ya go

Won't be allowed to open then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,803 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    My apologies as I didn't contemplate repetitive cycling in same 2km area, I thought all in one 5km
    pi r squared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

DubInMeath wrote: »
    The one in the closest town to me is empty any time I've had to pass it,

Going through St Annes in D5 for second time today.
    Good few people around. But distancing being observed quite well.

i got a phone call from seanie the bar manager he said it was july

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭Allinall

That can’t be true.

I know all head chefs and not one of them has a nephew.

Although, you could be his niece, I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Gynoid wrote: »
    People even saying they feel peaceful. I am sure it is hard on some but maybe studies should be equally published on those who are thinking fcuk me I was running around like a blue arsed fly before all this and I feel more rested now.

Completly, 100%. I’ve spoken with friends and a family member about it and everyone is just saying how great they feel, energy levels top notch, relaxed, rested, enjoying going for walks, focusing on overall heath, each other and doing the kinds of things we often don’t have the energy for normally as we have been conditioned to give so much more of ourselves both physically and emotionally to corporations that are over and above the agreement with them...

• Advertisement

The break from the rat race must be great for children getting to spend so much time with their parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,479 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

As someone who cycles to work, it's nice that the mantle of most hated way of getting around has been passed on to joggers for a while, I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

pi r squared

I think you mean 2*pi*r

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

pi r squared

The only pie I know is apple :p

I need Maths for Dummies

Allinall wrote: »
    That can’t be true.

I know all head chefs and not one of them has a nephew.

Although, you could be his niece, I suppose.

Was that supposed to be funny?

Had a fúcker cycling towards me on a narrow footpath this afternoon expecting me to step off on to the road, WTF! Gave me a filthy look as he moved onto the road less than 2m in front of me. Lucky for him that I was in such a calm mood. Normally I'd have blown a gasket.

I hit one a shoulder the first week of the lockdown, I was in no mood to step off, bit rash and regretted it immediately, but as nothing followed on said nothing and felt a bit Clint Eastwood, stress relief, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

Jesus people would believe anything. It must be awful to be so gullible with all the misinformation floating around these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,803 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

pi r squared
    Maybe 2 pi r,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

The ghost of Arthur Guinness appeared in my room last night and he said August 8th at 3.54pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Please don't screenshot the fake letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Michael Dwyer

i got a phone call from seanie the bar manager he said it was july

I was talking to Dixie Walsh, below in Jacksie's, and he said they wouldn't open up til Halloween.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,942 ✭✭✭growleaves

We expect poor decisions from politicians anyway but this time their failures have been literally fatal.

You can't hold Leo or other politicians responsible for all the deaths. Many of the deaths seem to have been 80 year olds who died of upper respiratory tract infections.

Are we waiting on a vaccine or an elixir that grants immortality?

It will be interesting to compare the overall mortality rates of 2020 to 2019, 2018, 2017 etc.

Could they not arrange for these briefings to be held earlier in the day, so we can get the main highlights in the evening bulletins.

Pubs closed til September 1st apparently

I'd believe that, any public gathering will be limited for a many months yet. They'll be no All Ireland this year, etc. etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,683 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,479 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Danzy wrote: »
    I'd believe that, any public gathering will be limited for a many months yet. They'll be no All Ireland this year, etc. etc.

I wonder if they'll just give the Sam McGuire to Dublin anyway?

I was talking to Dixie Walsh, below in Jacksie's, and he said they wouldn't open up til Halloween.

that could be over the renovations after the jacks exploded there one night ask him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The UK briefing is 5 PM every day, the HSE just turn up when they are ready...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Could they not arrange for these briefings to be held earlier in the day, so we can get the main highlights in the evening bulletins.

Or maybe have a show called Stats of the Day later in the evening...come up with a catchy theme tune and have Gary Linekar present since he's at a loose end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Have you somewhere to be?

And rightly so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Did he tell you the one about the fairy gate in Moyganny Cross too?

Allinall wrote: »
    And rightly so.

It suggests to me a lack of organisation and a certain level of chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Or maybe have a show called Stats of the Day later in the evening...come up with a catchy theme tune and have Gary Linekar present since he's at a loose end.

Full highlights are on Match of the Day after, if you do not want to know the final score look away now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Sorry my fault.
    Running a bit late.
    They can proceed now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Strumms wrote: »
    Completly, 100%. I’ve spoken with friends and a family member about it and everyone is just saying how great they feel, energy levels top notch, relaxed, rested, enjoying going for walks, focusing on overall heath, each other and doing the kinds of things we often don’t have the energy for normally as we have been conditioned to give so much more of ourselves both physically and emotionally to corporations that are over and above the agreement with them...

+100 too. When all this is over, we definitely need to reevaluate the way we live our lives. Getting up early in the morning, to earn a wage that doesn't even pay a mortgage, never mind a rent. Things have definitely slowed down and more calmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Michael Dwyer

Did he tell you the one about the fairy gate in Moyganny Cross too?

Faith and he did..

And Dan Clancy told me about the time a 3rd cousin of his was bet black and blue by the black and tans.. The bast*rds!

It suggests to me a lack of organisation and a certain level of chaos.

It suggests to me they have their priorities right.

The daily briefing is down the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

C'mon tae fcuk with the news HSE before stupid Boards crashes again.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Two news headlines today.

Headline 1. Government say the spread of covid 19 is under control

Headline 2. Spread of covid 19 in nursing homes is out of control and a national emergency

And they say Trump bullsh*ts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Shops and parks I’m hearing packed today and my mate is on the road said roads a lot busier today than last few days and weeks we only have ourselves to blame for the lockdown to continue further

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement