Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid19 Part XV - 15,251 in ROI (610 deaths) 2,645 in NI (194 deaths) (19/04) Read OP

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

keynes wrote: »
    Even when they're closing their borders on us, we're still open to them. The level of sycophancy is bordering on pathological

If these pages are anything to go by such sycophancy is rife among the general population :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

omerin wrote: »
    The donald has just signed the death warrant for thousands of Americans and the world.

Im sure he actually hasnt and this is another hysterical reaction to something Trump has said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,326 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

LMAO

I hope Simple Simon has 189 rooms lined up to quarantine the Bulgarian fruit pickers who came through Dublin Airport today?

Meanwwhile a man was arrested in Roscommon this morn for travelling 2km from his home :pac::pac::pac:
    Of course if you actually looked into the story you would know that keelings are isolating them for 14 days as well as accomodating them...but hey don't let the facts get in the way of a mindless rant.

Simple Simon...Jesus Christ grow up.

That man spat at a gardai...classy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Trump is talking awful sh1te tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Strawberries are far from essential,especially if you have to fly in 190 Bulgarians to pick them.

And if berries were missing from the shelves, the same people giving out now would be the first to complain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

froog wrote: »
    lower mortality rate than almost any other country?

hmm i'm gonna need a fact check on that one

Not true, even though they are not testing the community, under-recording deaths, their mortality rate is 5.11%

Irelands mortality rate as of today is 3.66%

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

easypazz wrote: »

Just tonight? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Not trump related:

https://youtu.be/S1F69rPdCGM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Really?? Missed his speech

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Those who are complaining about the strawberries should do some research on how the rest of the fruit and veg you find in the shops are being grown and picked (aside from where they came from).

Is everybody still convinced there's absolutely no issue with the food supply?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump saying "if the virus reappears in the fall" as if it's finished.

What does he think is happening right now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

When has he ever talked anything else but ****e ?

gmisk wrote: »
    Of course if you actually looked into the story you would know that keelings are isolating them for 14 days as well as accomodating them...but hey don't let the facts get in the way of a mindless rant.

Keelings have individual apartments for all of them?

If only one of them has C19 he's most likely infected loads of them as they were all on the same plane.

And how about transport from the airport? How do you socially distance 190 people on buses? And what would be the point considering the above?

What medical clearances do they have?
    That man spat at a gardai...classy
    What a scumbag.

The main point remains. Paddy can't venture down the road but we're flying in 190 people for "essential" strawberry picking!

omerin wrote: »
    The donald has just signed the death warrant for thousands of Americans and the world.
    Can states not still pretty much decide what they want to do on an individual level though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

2 clear trends today,

1) A shift away from prolonging the lockdown and more and more countries figuring out that a reopening has to happen soon.
    2) A further homing in on the origins of the virus and that it may be lab related.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

trump and pence basically declaring victory before they've even peaked.

lol @ the maps Pence is showing. Completely irrelevant to coronavirus.

froog wrote: »
    trump and pence basically declaring victory before they've even peaked.

Idiots

How so?

Kermit, you still obsessing about other Countries responses and ignoring our own fukk ups?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Trump putting re-election above lives with epic amounts of bullshít.

2 clear trends today,

1) A shift away from prolonging the lockdown and more and more countries figuring out that a reopening has to happen soon.
    2) A further homing in on the origins of the virus and that it may be lab related.

lol number 2 is only trending cause trump said it last night. no one with any actual knowledge of this thing thinks that.

yep absolute nonsense. "look at the colours!, we're fine!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Trump saying "if the virus reappears in the fall" as if it's finished.

What does he think is happening right now?

Thats his usual MO. Put a statement out there and do his damndest to make it seem like it happened.

The virus will go away in april

Look we opened the country in may because the virus went away.

Same craic with hydroxychloroquine

He does it with everything and the simpletons suck it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

2 clear trends today,

Forgive my utter ignorance but I can't seem to find anything other than the dailymail suggesting it is lab related. Can you point out any other sources please. TY

How so?

Showing maps for all influenza type illnesses.

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Strawberries are far from essential,especially if you have to fly in 190 Bulgarians to pick them.

Look, you could have Mr Corona from Wuhan himself declare he's here to infect the entire population of Ireland and the Boards.ie welcoming committee would be there with the red carpet!

Keelings have individual apartments for all of them?

If only one of them has C19 he's most likely infected loads of them as they were all on the same plane.

And how about transport from the airport? How do you socially distance 190 people on buses? And what would be the point considering the above?

What medical clearances do they have?

What a scumbag.

The main point remains. Paddy can't venture down the road but we're flying in 190 people for "essential" strawberry picking!
    I have no idea maybe ask keelings.
    Paddy can make essential journeys go to the shop and get out for a walk...so needs to grow up would be my advice.
    The fact is the fruit needs to be picked. I am sure there would be queues of Irish people wanting that back breaking work...
    The UK are doing the same btw so not exactly an Ireland only thing you know.

I am sure you also know that Bulgaria has a fraction of the corona cases we do...so they are probably more at risk of bringing it back home than bringing it here.

Trump looks completely out of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Maestro85 wrote: »
    Forgive my utter ignorance but I can't seem to find anything other than the dailymail suggesting it is lab related. Can you point out any other sources please. TY
    Foxnews and sky news websites

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

This is crackpot stuff, influenza like illness. What is going on. Drawing a link to something that everyone has worked so hard to break.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,697 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

leavingirl wrote: »
    There are plane loads of people arriving into Ireland every day and I was not allowd to attend an elderly relatives funeral.

Leo Varadkar - traitor
    Simon Harris - traitor
    Simon Coveny - traitor
    And now Micheal Martin - traitor

I predict a mass protest on the streets soon.
    Check out the @thenotoriousmma Conor McGregor on twitter. If he turns the working class on the government, it will not end well for FFG.
    I'm convinced this website is swarmed with FFG agents.
    Lies.
    Here you go Mr Moderator. From the horse's mouth. Btw I have no affiliation with this person. 189 Bulgarians arrived on a full flight. And I cannot go more than 2km from my house and I couldn't attend my relatives funeral.
    You can apologise any time you want...
    Lame. Lad. Lame.
    Do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well if you read the statement on it, they have been brought over at Keelings expense and now do have to undertake the 14 day limited movements for entrants into the country.

What's you point ? It's food production and needs to be done, like it or not they're a skilled worker that's required in the food chain. Read up on this earlier, to trian in someone to do this sort of work can take up to a year.
    My point is it should be enforced quarantine.
    You can't trust that 180+ people are going to do the right thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

2 clear trends today,

Trends fair enough but are they are not based on fact but what actually suits certain people i.e Donald Trump

Sorry to out conspiracy silly conspiracy theorists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

influenza like illness.........??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Chart looks like Trumps signature

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Maestro85 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

Foxnews and sky news websites

Cheers. Horrifying breach of lab protocols if true.

Zzzzzzzz

this is some bat**** smoke and mirrors **** right here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

eagle eye wrote: »
    My point is it should be enforced quarantine.
    You can't trust that 180+ people are going to do the right thing.

Fair enough but you do know they are coming from a place with low levels of Covid-19 to a place with at least moderate levels!!

Yaaaaaawwwwwnnnnnnn

This is crackpot stuff, influenza like illness. What is going on. Drawing a link to something that everyone has worked so hard to break.

It's intentional to show downward curves.

God forbid they put any graphic up dealing with coronavirus.

It's absurd, but that's what Trump's base wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Trump must have got to her...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,685 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Wombatman wrote: »
    influenza like illness.........??

Yeah I'm lost too

Pity all the Americans who are going to die because of this insanity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭kyote00

I suspect she is wanting a move to more political career.
    signostic wrote: »
    Trump must have got to her...

This is the same as our stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭kyote00

look at all the pretty colours...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

The USA reopening is completely all over the place.

They are going for herd immunity.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement