Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid19 Part XV - 15,251 in ROI (610 deaths) 2,645 in NI (194 deaths) (19/04) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

signostic wrote: »
    Trump must have got to her...

Blood on her hands. No excuse for someone like her to help push this stuff. They should all end up in jail for what they are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

fritzelly wrote: »
    Yeah I'm lost too

Pity all the Americans who are going to die because of this insanity

Yep, they will open up too soon and will have a massive spike in cases and mortality.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DevilsHaircut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This is the same as our stuff

Yes, the facts are different to Trump's bullsh!t where you would think the country is open tomorrow. It's also in the gift of each state of course.

Trumpers are too dim to be watching this part and won't be watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Fair enough but you do know they are coming from a place with low levels of Covid-19 to a place with at least moderate levels!!
    It doesn't matter where they are coming from. We are in lockdown mode so anybody coming in should be quarantined. It's not fair, actually it's grossly negligent to let people in here without quarantining them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

wakka12 wrote: »
    Not possible that the mortality rate is 0.1%, apart from the obvious fact that a disase of similar mortality rate to flu simply would of course not cause this level of distress to the most soophisitcated healthcares systems on the planet, it would mean based on the death rates in new york that 16.1 million people in the state have caught the infection, which is 83% of the population of the state. There were no known coronavirus deaths in New York 5-6 weeks ago, so its not possible

Of course it could if it were brand new, nobody has any immunity to it so literally everyone it comes in contact with is a potential host and vector and it's R0 is significantly higher than we assumed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭omerin

Wash you hands, Stay at home if you are sick - wtf they know it is still spread when someone is not showing symptoms. How can the doctors stand over this, they've sold their souls and have no credibility.

This is madness, look at the idiots protesting in their cars and on foot yesterday, do they think that idiots like these will follow the wishy washy guidelines?

You are only as strong as your weakest link, be it a household, a community or a nation and i would fear for the states and othere countries like ours if flights return, we may aswell as be pissing in the wind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

"everyone back to work, social distance if you want if your state decides they want to ask you nicely"

that's the plan.

and it will not end well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Yes, the facts are different to Trump's bullsh!t where you would think the country is open tomorrow. It's also in the gift of each state of course.

Trumpers are too dim to be watching this part and won't be watching.

How so?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

This is the same as our stuff

Except we are equivalent of one county of 1 state.

Imagine opening Galway but not Clare.

People will just flood across state lines to escape local lockdown.

they also seem to think every state is an island, completely separated from other states. shambolic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Woodsie1 wrote: »

Jaysus, what a brutal presenter! I thought Adam Boulton was bad. This guy legit made me sleepy.

easypazz wrote: »
    Except we are equivalent of one county of 1 state.

Imagine opening Galway but not Clare.

People will just flood across state lines to escape local lockdown.

They should close state borders then....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭Polar101

kyote00 wrote: »
    I suspect she is wanting a move to more political career.

Not watching the conference, but curious as to who this is about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Control people coming in from abroad as if they actually have it under control and eliminated themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Fauci is going against what he said before all through March..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

eagle eye wrote: »
    My point is it should be enforced quarantine.
    You can't trust that 180+ people are going to do the right thing.

Well I'd be pretty sure keelings will be the ones putting them up in accommodation so they'll be the ones to do the restricted movements. Not like their going to just let them run free around Dublin for the next 14 days.

Mountain being made out of a mole hill here .
    Like it or not they're perfectly entitled to be here as part of the supply chain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Fauci a rock of common sense as usual.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

gmisk wrote: »
    I have no idea maybe ask keelings.
    You're the one who claimed they were isolating them.
    Paddy can make essential journeys go to the shop and get out for a walk...so needs to grow up would be advice.
    Grow up what? I don't get it.
    The fact is the fruit needs to be picked. I am sure there would be queues of Irish people wanting that back breaking work.
    Half the Irish workforce are prevented from doing things that "need" to be done, at least as important as picking strawberries.
    The UK are doing the same btw so not exactly an Ireland only thing you know.
    Yeah lets copy the UK. Their Corona response has been fantastic to date....
    I am sure you also know that Bulgaria has a fraction of the corona cases we do...so they are probably more at risk of bringing it back home than bringing it here.

How rigorous is their testing?

All it takes is for one of the 189 to have already infected the rest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,685 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Birx reopening recommendations make a lot of sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

froog wrote: »
    they also seem to think every state is an island, completely separated from other states. shambolic.

we can't say much about that considering the amount of holiday homes in the south belonging to people from the north

Here's Dopey D back again

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Mountain being made out of a mole hill here . Like it or not they're perfectly entitled to be here as part of the supply chain.
    You realise we are trying to stop a virus that is killing people? And you call that a mountain out of a molehill?
    You haven't a clue about things if you think that.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

My point is it should be enforced quarantine.
    You can't trust that 180+ people are going to do the right thing.

I think anyone coming into the country, (be they Irish people returning or otherwise), until there is a vaccine, should be subject to an enforced quarantine.

It doesn't matter where they are coming from. We are in lockdown mode so anybody coming in should be quarantined. It's not fair, actually it's grossly negligent to let people in here without quarantining them.

Agree but it is not our way. Anyone going for a test in South Korea is isolated in a facility until they get the result. That's how you do it.

I went for a short walk today and saw 4/5 groups of people chatting with people within less than a metre with people outside their households.

One lad yesterday was handing over some tools to another fella from the other side of the estate and stood shoulder to shoulder with him talking ****e for ages. Kids from different households were playing football together until I called the Guards.

These Bulgarians coming in will not cause any more cases, it is the Irish gobsheens I described above that will.

Apparently Keelings are gonna put them in 189 separate apartments for a fortnight. Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

And if berries were missing from the shelves, the same people giving out now would be the first to complain.

And they'd be shouting:

rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

And if berries were missing from the shelves, the same people giving out now would be the first to complain.

No the first to complain would be the idiots who panic buy, the same type of person who thinks strawberries are essential

• Advertisement

Like it or not they're perfectly entitled to be here as part of the supply chain.

Good God

Apparently Keelings are gonna put them in 189 separate apartments for a fortnight. Lol

Why would they need to be isolated in 189 separate apartment? Think before you spout ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Agree but it is not our way. Anyone going for a test in South Korea is isolated in a facility until they get the result. That's how you do it.

I went for a short walk today and saw 4/5 groups of people chatting with people within less than a metre with people outside their households.

One lad yesterday was handing over some tools to another fella from the other side of the estate and stood shoulder to shoulder with him talking ****e for ages. Kids from different households were playing football together until I called the Guards.

These Bulgarians coming in will not cause any more cases, it is the Irish gobsheens I described above that will.

did you try talking to them before calling the guards ?How long were you waiting for the guards ?

Wtf is Trump on about now lol

Good God

Again think before you spout stupid posts please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

You realise we are trying to stop a virus that is killing people? And you call that a mountain out of a molehill?
    You haven't a clue about things if you think that.

I think you'll find Stephen is of the laissez faire brigade when it comes to borders. He still thinks there's no-one coming in and those who do come in don't represent a danger of new infections.

When we are in lockdown 2 years from now he'll stll be beating that drum. Him and Simon Harris.

Agree but it is not our way. Anyone going for a test in South Korea is isolated in a facility until they get the result. That's how you do it. I went for a short walk today and saw 4/5 groups of people chatting with people within less than a metre with people outside their households. One lad yesterday was handing over some tools to another fella from the other side of the estate and stood shoulder to shoulder with him talking ****e for ages. Kids from different households were playing football together until I called the Guards.

A friend of mine who's supposed to be self isolating picked up a French friend from the airport today who arrived from Tel Aviv via Heathrow for a two week holiday!

Dumb Paddies and foreigners abound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,366 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Have you a link to that? 2 weeks ago you were banging on about some refueling stops from Ethiopian Airlines as some conspiracy.

Here is the statement from Keelings:

"STATEMENT FROM KEELINGS DATED 16th APRIL 2020
    We can confirm that a number of skilled horticulture staff have returned to Ireland to work with Keelings. We are also recruiting for local workers to join us in picking our crops on the farm along with other roles in the Keelings business. It is essential that we have adequate staffing on the farm to pick crops quickly as they ripen, or we risk shortages in the market.

The Keeling family is very proud of our amazing team of people in Keelings who are all working very hard and delivering on our responsibility to ensure there is a full supply of Fresh Fruit & Vegetables for everyone.

Across our entire business we have also worked tirelessly to implement the HSE and Government guidelines to ensure we are protecting the health of all of our people. This includes thorough & repeated Covid19 safety coaching and instruction to follow all the HSE guidelines, which includes 14 days of restricted movement for any new arrivals in the country, prior to starting work in Keelings.

A very important part of our workforce for many years has been our skilled seasonal workers who return to us to help pick our fruit and manage our plant health. Without these seasonal workers it would be impossible to bring fresh Irish strawberries to the Irish market. We understand the concern in the current environment regarding both social distancing and local employment. We want to assure the public that we are doing all we can to help support local employment at this time and to ensure the safety of all our workers.

We again want to assure people that no horticulture worker coming from another region will be asked to work without a full 14 days restricted movement.

If you are interested in joining us for a role in Keelings this year we are only too happy to hear from you. Visit our careers page for further details.

The Keeling Family"

https://keelings.ie/corporate/statement-april-16-2020/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Self proclaimed King of the most beautiful tremendous biggliest bestest talented ventilators ever made.

• Advertisement

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Self proclaimed King of the most beautiful tremendous biggliest bestest talented ventilators ever made.

Haaaaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Good God

What's your problem? They are ?
    Countries all over europe are doing it while Irish people also work on farms in Australia.

Whatever your views are supply chains need to keep moving.

Read the statement they've got 2 weeks of restricted movement same as everyone else that comes into the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Thank god trump is not in charge of Ireland, he is a nut job

did you try talking to them before calling the guards ?How long were you waiting for the guards ?

Why would I talk to them?

They are the roughest families in the estate.

Let the Guards do their jobs of stopping idiots spreading this disease.

Edit: Guards were down in about 10 mins, really good as local station was closed and rang main station about 15 mins waay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Wtf is Trump on about now lol

Is that a new hair style?..............or is it a complete replacement?

Some states can open as early as tommorow. Sweet jesus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Everything is beautiful with Trump.

Has he said the virus is beautiful yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Ah Trump time.

Ventillators...

john4321 wrote: »
    Have you a link to that? 2 weeks ago you were banging on about some refueling stops from Ethiopian Airlines as some conspiracy.
    Incorrect. I did no such thing.
    john4321 wrote: »
    Here is the statement from Keelings
    That tells us nothing. How are they going to individually isolate 189 people for a fortnight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Is that a new hair style?..............or is it a complete replacement?

The White House goat was sheared on Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

froog wrote: »
    Some states can open as early as tommorow. Sweet jesus

Not to be callous about it as I know there are lives on the line but let the world watch as this backfires so other countries can plan accordingly after seeing the fallout of it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement