Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid19 Part XV - 15,251 in ROI (610 deaths) 2,645 in NI (194 deaths) (19/04) Read OP

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

blade1 wrote: »
    I got a call from the nursing home that my mother is in to tell me that if anything happens her, she won't be shifted to hospital.

She has Alzheimer's.
    Was talking to her on the phone a little earlier and she thought someone was after leaving her on a back road between two villages near my area and could I come and take her home :(

Blade, my heart genuinely breaks for you and for your poor mother. I pray she'll be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

fritzelly wrote: »
    Many especially from the nursing homes are not actually confirmed til some time later I would guess ergo the daily release figures are not anywhere near real time. But with the ramped up testing we should know deaths from the past few days

Nursing home deaths are normally reported by the local GP.
    That would definitely cause a delay on reporting of the death, also the time of the death would also need to be taken into account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

I got a call from the nursing home that my mother is in to tell me that if anything happens her, she won't be shifted to hospital.

She has Alzheimer's.
    Was talking to her on the phone a little earlier and she thought someone was after leaving her on a back road between two villages near my area and could I come and take her home :(

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they have the kick in the arse they needed and the care homes become alot safer. All the best to you both. Its tough enough for you without this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

niallo27 wrote: »
    You must agree though, there has never been research or funding into a vaccine on this magnitude before plus never been the numbers to trial on before. This has to save time.

Fair point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,552 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He's reading from the same script daily with tiny changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    Don't see what my accounts age has to do with anything. Sorry my life doesn't revolve over winning arguments on the internet. I hope you turn things around once we can go back outside. You might become a happier person.

I think you’re missing the point on the vaccine’s thing. They can make as many million vaccine’s as they like. They simply won’t be allowed to use them until they are tested and proved to be safe. That’s highly unlikely to happen before September. I’m sure they have plenty made already. Would you take one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,950 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

MD1990 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/travisakers/status/1251260796476305409

it is going to spread even worse in the US now

EV1hSXwU0AA7Nzv?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Sheedy234

She has Alzheimer's.

That is terrible ,I hope she will stay safe . What is there reason for not transfering someone to hospital ? Can they provide the same care in the nursing home ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Gods Gift wrote: »
    US is the king of ventilators

God Bless America

M

And 10 million gallons of porter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Hundreds of thousands of the best, brilliant ventilators, but we don't need them.

Great management there Donald.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

It pains me to say it but China completely ****ed up the handling of the virus and the WHO did very little to take them to task. Questions should be asked of this and many other things once the smoke clears.

easypazz wrote: »
    Hundreds of thousands of the best, brilliant ventilators, but we don't need them.

Yet.

It pains me to say it but China completely ****ed up the handling of the virus and the WHO did very little to take them to task. Questions should be asked of this and many other things once the smoke clears.

Its a political game. WHO goes in heavy on china they get fcuked out on their ear and are completely useless from that point on. No information at all. Better to have half a story than none at all.

He's reading from the same script daily with tiny changes.

Some days he does then other days he goes mental with reporters etc.

He looks pathetic now, some states will reopen, people from locked down states will drift in and spread it all around and around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Be right back

She has Alzheimer's.

Alzheimer's disease is horrible. Your poor mother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

threeball wrote: »
    Its a political game. WHO goes in heavy on china they get fcuked out on their ear and are completely useless from that point on. No information at all. Better to have half a story than none at all.

And look where that's left the rest of the world

Not much mention of the 15 minute abbott test lately, obviously a sham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭kyote00

Pence droning on ..... 1.2m n95, 3.2 tests, 100m flux capacitors....
    Some days he does then other days he goes mental with reporters etc.

He looks pathetic now, some states will reopen, people from locked down states will drift in and spread it all around and around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,950 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Mike Pence, who has faith not science, reassuring the world from the podium.

• Advertisement

Yeah but when that half a story is doctored stats and utter bull**** straight from Xi what use is it? I feel sorry for the Chinese people having to live under that regime. It's by far the worst government in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MOR316

Can't wait until things go back to normal, so we can boo the HSE every night at 8pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,685 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Exactly what information did they give us/WHO that has made any difference - lots of false information?
    Remembering they were covering this up at the start while it was starting to spread throughout Europe and the world in January

Even now they are censoring research

M

Testing is at a stage now where you are better to assume every person on the planet has the disease until a vaccine is available.

Fauci leagues ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,366 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Not much mention of the 15 minute abbott test lately, obviously a sham.

A single device can only test 4 samples per hour.

"So why aren’t all COVID-19 tests run using the faster technology? One reason has to do with volume; traditional genetic tests can process hundreds or even thousands of tests a day; the ID NOW system can only run about four samples an hour. "

https://time.com/5812664/5-minute-coronavirus-test/

Fauci leagues ahead

Man's an absolute unit. Works 20 hours a day. His wife has to remind him to eat, sleep and drink. It's men like him we'll owe a lot to when this is all over, not a pro bluffer like Trump. Timing of the virus is a serious worry for him. I think his re-election isn't so secure after all this

statesaver wrote: »
    And look where that's left the rest of the world

And whose fault was that, only china. If a country like that decide not to play ball you're sh1t out of luck. The WHO isn't perfect but it is needed. Just look at the job they did with ebola. If that took hold we were looking at a disease straight from a horror movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

kyote00 wrote: »
      Pence droning on ..... 1.2m n95, 3.2 tests, 100m flux capacitors....

Are you guys building an interocitor.?

thisislandearthexeter.jpg

1. Advertisement
    2. Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

3. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Yeah but when that half a story is doctored stats and utter bull**** straight from Xi what use is it? I feel sorry for the Chinese people having to live under that regime. It's by far the worst government in the world.

At least you got some sort of heads up. If China had their way no one would ever have known where it came from.

4. Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

And whose fault was that, only china. If a country like that decide not to play ball you're sh1t out of luck. The WHO isn't perfect but it is needed. Just look at the job they did with ebola. If that took hold we were looking at a disease straight from a horror movie.

Dr Mike Ryan, executive director of the World Health Organisation's health emergencies programme, mentioned the 17 Ebola outbreaks you never heard of... They were contained before too much damage was done, and he was involved in all of them.

5. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,950 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

2,476 new deaths so far today in the US (37,093 total so far)

Trump saying he expects "60,000 deaths total"

He is such a dummy he builds that cross for himself for his election hopes to die on.

Not only will it fly past 60,000, it will fly past 100,000.

6. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Dr Mike Ryan, executive director of the World Health Organisation's health emergencies programme, mentioned the 17 Ebola outbreaks you never heard of... They were contained before too much damage was done, and he was involved in all of them.

Exactly, I've seen pictures of him in a helicopter with ebola patients. Takes a bit of balls consudering what you're dealing with. What the fcuk has trump ever done. Useless ball of blubber

7. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Virus was in Europe, and in the States even before they detected it in Wuhan. There was most likely a 3 week window of free movement into Europe and States before people started to get sick in Wuhan.
      And there were reports in countries of an increase in respiratory illness, but they never knew it was something new.

8. Advertisement
    9. Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

SwimFin wrote: »
      I am living through, deja vu...
      Nursing Homes....
      I’ve shed a thousand tears…
      Whilst you all may be blaming the Government, right now, right here, for inadequate action, for years, for some of us we have tried to fight the system, for our loved ones, I spent 3 years with HIQA, Ombudsman etc etc, to no avail, the blatant abuse of our aged, in the cloak of care hidden by profits, brings both heartache and helplessness, because once they enter, for you, and all of us, we don't have a say, they own our parents, nothing can be done, I tried.. so hard...it broke me....so whilst not Nursing Homes are culpable in this disaster I can tell you right now that some of those running them....deserve to go to hell....

view Prime Time...
      Prime Time on 25th October last.
      https://www.rte.ie/news/analysis-and-comment/2018/1025/1006532-troublemakers_rte_investigates/

I'm so sorry you were let down so badly. There is nothing else I can say. It's all so wrong and I can't imagine the feeling of helplessness.

10. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

2,476 new deaths so far today in the US (37,093 total so far)

Trump saying he expects "60,000 deaths total"

He is such a dummy he builds that cross for himself for his election hopes to die on.

Ya i said to myself they're gonna fly by that in the next couple of weeks when i saw that.

11. Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

doylefe wrote: »
      Driving from my house to the supermarket, got stopped by a guard who said "where are you goin" in a very rude and accusatory tone.

Police state is here. Completely unnecessary.

Same here, except for me this was the first real live person I have got to speak to outside of my household for a long while - So I was delighted to answer his questions.:o

12. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Same here, except for me this was the first real live person I have got to speak to outside of my household for a long while - So I was delighted to answer his questions.:o

Missus stopped twice on the way home from work.

Said the gards were nothing but nice when she was too.

Be nice and they will be too.

13. Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭maebee

I never post personal stuff online but on this topic I'll make an exception. My 72 year old brother in law has been living very happily for the past 2 years in a Nursing Home. Two days ago he had a temperature and had difficulty breathing. They swabbed him then and this morning confirmed that he is positive:(. He has had 2 heart attacks, a stroke and has had MS for 10 years. The Nursing Home Manager told his wife this morning that he is ok now but if his condition deteriorates, they will not be sending him to the hospital. He is on a DNR :(. She was in such a state of shock that she didn't think to ask them what treatment would he get in the Nursing Home. I can't believe that this fúckin thing I've been following and commenting on for weeks has now come to my own door. I'm sick today thinking that the best man at our wedding might be struggling tonight to breathe and die alone.

14. Advertisement
    15. Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Ya i said to myself they're gonna fly by that in the next couple of weeks when i saw that.

Especially if they have 4 different phases, you could be on the border of 4 states all at different levels.

16. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,552 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
      M

Missus stopped twice on the way home from work.

Said the gards were nothing but nice when she was too.

Be nice and they will be too.

And I will have to say if they are nice I will be nice too :D. If they are a bollix/bollixette I will play the 5 second game which annoys them so much.

17. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

And I will have to say if they are nice I will be nice too :D. If they are a bollix/bollixette I will play the 5 second game which annoys them so much.

You go girl.

18. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Is it not because they think the peak has past in most places at this stage? They expect the number of deaths to slow down in a week or so.

19. Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

SwimFin wrote: »
      I am living through, deja vu...
      Nursing Homes....
      I’ve shed a thousand tears…
      Whilst you all may be blaming the Government, right now, right here, for inadequate action, for years, for some of us we have tried to fight the system, for our loved ones, I spent 3 years with HIQA, Ombudsman etc etc, to no avail, the blatant abuse of our aged, in the cloak of care hidden by profits, brings both heartache and helplessness, because once they enter, for you, and all of us, we don't have a say, they own our parents, nothing can be done, I tried.. so hard...it broke me....so whilst not Nursing Homes are culpable in this disaster I can tell you right now that some of those running them....deserve to go to hell....

view Prime Time...
      Prime Time on 25th October last.
      https://www.rte.ie/news/analysis-and-comment/2018/1025/1006532-troublemakers_rte_investigates/

Still, even now, not implementing social distancing - reason they don't have enough staff. I know of one nursing home where the only medical staff are the owners. The fees they charge are astounding.

20. Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Two of my elderly relatives (not close to me) died of coronavirus yesterday. Both in nursing homes, one apparently badly affected by the virus. That's three of my mother's cousins in the space of a fortnight.

21. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Deaths across Spain, Italy, France, UK, Belgium, Netherlands still remain consistently high. Its very depressing that there is still no major decline appearing yet, it feels like years since the lockdowns began in Europe

Even Germany today reported it's highest ever daily death toll of 300

22. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

ceadaoin. wrote: »
      Is it not because they think the peak has past in most places at this stage? They expect the number of deaths to slow down in a week or so.

There are plenty of states still on the rise. Plenty at the start of their curve. Europe didnt all move as one in terms of infection and neither will the states. Europe has about 90000 deaths. US will be similar or worse as some european countries were very successful.

23. Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

Two of my elderly relatives (not close to me) died of coronavirus yesterday. Both in nursing homes, one apparently badly affected by the virus. That's three of my mother's cousins in the space of a fortnight.

Family, is family, close or not, I am sorry for what you are going through.

24. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Man's an absolute unit. Works 20 hours a day. His wife has to remind him to eat, sleep and drink. It's men like him we'll owe a lot to when this is all over, not a pro bluffer like Trump. Timing of the virus is a serious worry for him. I think his re-election isn't so secure after all this

If there any positives to be taken from this ****storm then that has to be one of them. Make it so.

25. Advertisement
    This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement