Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid19 Part XV - 15,251 in ROI (610 deaths) 2,645 in NI (194 deaths) (19/04) Read OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Family, is family, close or not, I am sorry for what you are going through.

Thank you, but really I didn't know them well or see them often. I'm sad for their families and their lost years, but I don't feel it's a personal loss for me, is all I mean. But my mother grew up with them and would have seen them often enough. She is frightened and upset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

We need to exterminate all bats. Throughout history mankind has exterminates all of its greatest enemies such as the dinosaurs, Count Dracula, the Loch Ness monster, the dodo and ET. I can’t think of anything good bats do except for the batman films. They even interfered with the lovely pangolin. I hope president trump is re-elected and the first law he pass is the worldwide extermination of bats. 🦇

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

wakka12 wrote: »
    Deaths across Spain, Italy, France, UK still remain consistently high. Its very depressing that there is still no major decline appearing yet, it feels like years since the lockdowns began there

Spain lockdown is 5 weeks on Monday, although they started imposing it the day before which was 15th March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,950 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Deaths across Spain, Italy, France, UK still remain consistently high. Its very depressing that there is still no major decline appearing yet, it feels like years since the lockdowns began there

ITALYFRIDAY_0.png?itok=tjNz9tY6

ITALYFRIDAYTWO.png?itok=empxp76Y

And the whole period in the first chart is under lock down conditions...not much progress in the last couple of weeks (there has been progress previously as can be seen).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

If there any positives to be taken from this ****storm then that has to be one of them. Make it so.

But who will replace him. Biden is a pretty crappy alternative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

If there any positives to be taken from this ****storm then that has to be one of them. Make it so.

Yeah too bad the damage will be done by then. I'll relish seeing him being thrown out like the sack of rubbish he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    Man's an absolute unit. Works 20 hours a day. His wife has to remind him to eat, sleep and drink. It's men like him we'll owe a lot to when this is all over, not a pro bluffer like Trump. Timing of the virus is a serious worry for him. I think his re-election isn't so secure after all this

Unfortunately I doubt it. Did you see all the Christians shouting about their rights... science be dammed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Blueshoe wrote: »

An actual piece of crap would be better than Trump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Another ugly side of this pandemic is the domestic violence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,552 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

spookwoman wrote: »

And the crooked government ad campaign to make it look like only women get battered and abused.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Why don't you just leave him?

If you don't agree with him or his policies you are going to say that. Yet millions of Americans support him.
    Vast majority of Irish people don't like him or his personality. Makes zero difference on election Day or any other day for that matter. Trump articles generate clicks. He has been a godsend to media companies

One man's meat is another man's poison.

This is why (some) Americans love him

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1258575002

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Trump won't have any problem calling a rally with 50000 people. Will Biden do it? That will be totally undermining his own position but also losing the propaganda war as americans like these big rallies. It sways their thinking. His only hope is that the rallies become a hot bed for coronavirus.
    If either of them get it their goose is cooked too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,685 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

And the crooked government ad campaign to make it look like only women get battered and abused.

Have heard ads where it was the man being abused - so not sure what you are on about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I would bet my house that Trump will win the election and it'll be a landslide. A lot of people here don't understand Americans, they take patriotism to a new level and the vast majority see this as an evil Chinese virus and only Trump has the balls to stick it to them. They see China as coming for their world superpower title and they are having none of it.

Bookies are offering 10/11 at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

fritzelly wrote: »
    Have heard ads where it was the man being abused - so not sure what you are on about

Yeah to be fair there's a dedicated male helpline. Progress has been made.

M

Not seen any on tv in this campaign if there are any.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

The male aspect of the campaign was highlighted in media coverage of the campaign when it launched.

Spain added 2,672 new cases and 371 new deaths this afternoon which implies that tomorrow morning's 24 hour update for deaths could be well up in to the 600's with a big surge in new cases too.

It would be the continuation of a reversal this week in the otherwise positive trajectory prior.

Remember, Spain has just tentatively reopened construction sites and some smaller stores and a lot of people are nervous about how the government is handling the situation.

Not seen any abuse ads on tv (don't watch tv really anyway) but they are played on radio a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Spain added 2,672 new cases and 371 new deaths new deaths this afternoon which implies that tomorrow morning's update for deaths could be well up in to the 600's with a big surge in new cases too.

It would be the continuation of a reversal this week in the otherwise positive trajectory prior.

Remember, Spain has just tentatively reopened construction sites and some smaller stores.

That was only two or three days ago though wasnt it, it would be too soon for it to cause any increase in cases yet I would have thought

M

I would bet my house that Trump will win the election and it'll be a landslide. A lot of people here don't understand Americans, they take patriotism to a new level and the vast majority see this as an evil Chinese virus and only Trump has the balls to stick it to them. They see China as coming for their world superpower title and they are having none of it.

Joe Biden hasn't a chance, he will struggle in the live debates against Trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

He called the virus the plaque twice so far tonight.

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I agree that both sides get battered and abused. Was woken up earlier by it happening near by.

Even when it is not domestic abuse the fact is tempers are always more likely to flare at times when people are cooped up together for prolonged periods.

That was only two or three days ago though wasnt it, it would be too soon for it to cause any increase in cases yet I would have thought

Far too soon. Won't see the results of that for some weeks i'd have thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

The valium is working this evening...:eek:

owlbethere wrote: »
    He called the virus the plaque twice so far tonight.

Lol

One thing that's got to be handed to him is his ability to argue and never accept being at fault. Also four years of non stop media pressure. Article after article. He looks the same now as when he was elected. A bit fatter but that's it.

Obama went grey and aged about 15 years

China are definitely coming for that position. Trumps trade war was only the beginning of worsening relations between the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

One thing that's got to be handed to him is his ability to argue and never accept being at fault. Also four years of non stop media pressure. Article after article. He looks the same now as when he was elected. A bit fatter but that's it.

Obama went grey and aged about 15 years

The key is to do little work and watch lots of tv..;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

So Biden then, creepy Joe who has sexual assault accusations against him. An all round pervy guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

We need to exterminate all bats. Throughout history mankind has exterminates all of its greatest enemies such as the dinosaurs, Count Dracula, the Loch Ness monster, the dodo and ET. I can’t think of anything good bats do except for the batman films. They even interfered with the lovely pangolin. I hope president trump is re-elected and the first law he pass is the worldwide extermination of bats. ��

i know you are joking , but anyway
    Maybe we are their greatest enemy , and they are exterminating us ?

Ugh done with Trump, see you all bright and early in the morning for the start of another day of chaos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭kyote00

"herd mentality" is a new Trumpism

M

Are any Democrate governors terrific?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Ugh done with Trump, see you all bright and early in the morning for the start of another day of chaos

Four more years
    Four more years
    Four more years
    :)

signostic wrote: »
    The key is to do little work and watch lots of tv..;)

This is part of why they love him

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1258575002

We aren't American. Different people different mindset.
    I mean we have an openly gay taoiseach with a migrant background. No body cares. It's not an issue here. It's a nothing
    Do you think they would have that in the United States? No chance. There was meltdown over there from republicans when it was suggested that Obama was from Kenya!
    Different people

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Just Saying

Are you going to reveal how much have have had on this certainty or will you wait until he has won to let us know?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

Quick Question.

When did it start that every time anyone asks a question of someone on the telly they always start the answer with the word "SO"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Spain added 2,672 new cases and 371 new deaths this afternoon which implies that tomorrow morning's 24 hour update for deaths could be well up in to the 600's with a big surge in new cases too.

Remember, Spain has just tentatively reopened construction sites and some smaller stores and a lot of people are nervous about how the government is handling the situation.

Too soon to bring the tentative reopening into things over there. Perhaps increased testing catching more cases similar to Italy? Deaths will unfortunately remain high even if new cases reduce

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

MipMap wrote: »
    Quick Question.

When did it start that every time anyone asks a question of someone on the telly they always start the answer with the word "SO"
    It's being put on the map by the Holomeister

Quick Question.

So how do you expect them to answer?

Checks last 4 pages and only person started their answer so

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

Take those odds, people who were avid Trump supporters are far more concerned about what is happening in their own neighbourhoods. I am now hearing "I have respect for the office of the President", they are no longer Trump supporters.

You aren't on the telly though. It's right up there with someone who starts a written sentence with "Right lads". It's like they are about to give a team talk before a county final

You aren't on the telly though. It's right up there with someone who starts a written sentence with "Right lads". It's like they are about to give a team talk before a county final

No worse than
    "Going back to the numbers..." - George Lee

• Advertisement

SO...I said on "the telly". 90% of the time Tony Holohan starts his sentences with the word "SO" followed by brief pause.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

This is part of why they love him

We aren't American. Different people different mindset.

Different people

SO...I said on "the telly". 90% of the time Tony Holohan starts his sentences with the word "SO" followed by brief pause.

It's a delay tactic while you think about what to say instead of dead air

Yeah I've seen it. Picked out a few right goons. If you believe that these are the only type of people who vote for Donald and the republican party in general you are uninformed.
    Pure dopes in the video though

We still never found out why Obama wasn't in the white house during 9/11

It's a delay tactic while you think about what to say instead of dead air

Excellent answer. I knew that. Wondered if anyone else did.

Like they used to say,

All that comes before the word "but" is BS

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement