Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XV - 15,251 in ROI (610 deaths) 2,645 in NI (194 deaths) (19/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

This was already known.

up until just last week the WHO and most medical people were saying the evidence was not sufficient and it is spread primarily by droplets.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,301 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I was out with my son and dogs in the back garden and the traffic was like a normal busy day, could hear people walking and talking too.
    Do people not realise that the longer they do this stuff the longer the lockdown lasts?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,329 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

cnocbui wrote: »
    He'll be impeached if/when things get bad. Already talk about it now.

Yes. I know a lot of Brazilians here and they talked about him with a general sense of fear when he was elected. Not a case of just disagreeing with his views and outlook... Worry for the country economy back home, families back home and the overall health of their nation. The word frequently mentioned in describing him.. ‘crazy’.. he certainly ticks most or all of those boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-52251342
    Brazilian president shakes hands with crowds in a deliberate act of disregard for the social distancing measures advised by health authorities
    The far-right leader - who was not wearing a face mask or gloves - was particularly criticised for wiping his nose with his lower right arm at one point, then shaking hands with an elderly woman.

What an arsehole, you think Trumps bad and then..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

statesaver wrote: »
    We're all fuked so :pac:

it would explain why the current social distancing, 2 metre philosophy doesn't seem to be as effective as we would have hoped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Do these marks fade? I can't find them on my arm. I was born in the 80s, so I should have gotten the vaccine as a baby. I remember getting a vaccine in school but I don't remember what it was. I think I was in fourth class. But I can't find these marks.

I can still barely see the 3 marks on my left arm in the shape of a triangle .....can see 2 on my right arm

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

wakka12 wrote: »
    Almost 200 more cases in Singapore today, combined over the last 3 days it has reported around 700 new cases.45% increase on national total in 72 hours

119 of the cases reported this morning have no known links to any existing infected people or clusters..this is what will happen when any country relaxes restrictions
    https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/coronavirus-191-new-cases-of-infection-in-singapore-90-year-old-man-becomes-8th-covid-19?xtor=CS3-18&utm_source=STiPhone&utm_medium=share&utm_term=2020-04-11%2022%3A04%3A13

Indeed. I know I have posted it a couple times but this is the dilemma we are in.

global%20infection%20rate_0_0.jpg?itok=0sLedVxX

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I just checked . All three of mine were born in the 80,s . They were given a BCG vaccine at 5 days old

I hope the BCG vaccine turns out to be something promising in this fight against the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

What the death rate percentage for Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Discodog wrote: »
    Be straight with people. He said that they didn't want to give the gardai extra powers & then 24 later did exactly that.

He then stressed that it was only for the Easter weekend but then extended them for three weeks.

He's promised over again about testing but it's still a mess.

He started so well but is now reverting to the man who was thrown out by the electorate.

Can you honestly imagine Louise O'Reilly doing this?

They didn't want to sign the powers into law because they wanted policing by consent, but a lot of people didn't get it.

The testing is down to a lack of reagents.

• Advertisement

US2 wrote: »

Check out population on wikipedia and divide it into number of deaths, then let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

3.5%, but that figure is meaningless until we've tested to entire population, which is never going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Ireland and Scotland have similar populations but their dead numbers are extremely high in comparison.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

eagle eye wrote: »
    I was out with my son and dogs in the back garden and the traffic was like a normal busy day, could hear people walking and talking too.
    Do people not realise that the longer they do this stuff the longer the lockdown lasts?

Nope people don't realise that.

Went to the shop today. Huge sign outside the shop saying one member per household. About four meters ahead of me, there were two people standing side by side in the same box... They were either friends and couldn't give a fcuk about mixing with other people not in their household or they were from the same family and just ignored the one person per household rule. I just don't get it.

easypazz wrote: »
    Check out population on wikipedia and divide it into number of deaths, then let us know.

That's not how you get the mortality rate atall

Why will walking mean the lockdown lasts longer?

Does driving spread it too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Indeed. I know I have posted it a couple times but this is the dilemma we are in.

So any relaxation of the current restrictions will lead to a spike in new cases/ICU admissions/deaths until such time as an effective vaccine is developed or if the virus mutates into a less deadly strain. (No guarantee that either of these things will happen.) The end all restrictions now brigade still don`t get this fact.

That's not how you get the mortality rate atall

Sure calculate it so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

You think we are counting all deaths. As you can see if you read this thread we are being told lies.

Any chance you can just summarize the lies we're being told. I may have missed them in the thread. From my reading, if anything we seem to be over reporting the deaths. Once covid is on the death cert, it's added to the stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Has Uk released its figures today yet

• Advertisement

Why will walking mean the lockdown lasts longer?

Does driving spread it too?

Idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I checked my upper left arm for vaccine scars. I can find one scar and I remember that from school. I was in primary school in 5th or 6th class and that was about 95 or 96. I was born 4lbs in weight and had to stay in the hospital for a few weeks so I don't I know if I ever got a vaccine when I was born. I have my doctors email address? Should I email her or phone the practice next week to see of I got the BCG.

I remember my mother taking me to the doctor when I was about 4 or 5 and the doctor giving me an injection and that was in my ass. What would that be about?

Nope people don't realise that.

Went to the shop today. Huge sign outside the shop saying one member per household. About four meters ahead of me, there were two people standing side by side in the same box... They were either friends and couldn't give a fcuk about mixing with other people not in their household or they were from the same family and just ignored the one person per household rule. I just don't get it.

I was one of those "2 people together"

Shopping for 3 households, 2 of those cocooning.

So give it a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

owlbethere wrote: »
    I checked my upper left arm for vaccine scars. I can find one scar and I remember that from school. I was in primary school in 5th or 6th class and that was about 95 or 96. I was born 4lbs in weight and had to stay in the hospital for a few weeks so I don't I know if I ever got a vaccine when I was born. I have my doctors email address? Should I email her or phone the practice next week to see of I got the BCG.

I remember my mother taking me to the doctor when I was about 4 or 5 and the doctor giving me an injection and that was in my ass. What would that be about?

You definitely got it if you had other vaccines.

Idiot

Very mature. Any chance you can try rebutt my comments with viewpoints of your own instead of reducing yourself to personal insults

Very mature. Any chance you can try rebutt my comments with viewpoints of your own instead of reducing yourself to personal insults

Yes you seem a mature type yourself with your statements

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

So any relaxation of the current restrictions will lead to a spike in new cases/ICU admissions/deaths until such time as an effective vaccine is developed or if the virus mutates into a less deadly strain. (No guarantee that either of these things will happen). The end all restrictions now brigade still don`t get this fact.

The lockdown will end by political decision , not medical , a balance between ongoing disease and economics

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Just Saying

The ECDC website is showing 696 new cases and 24 deaths for Ireland today.

Obviously their 24 hour window is different to the Dept. Of Health but deaths are normally pretty closely aligned.

After yesterday I wont even hazard a guess about new cases and what's included in their figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Any chance we can ban emojis from all sites as a method of expressing emotions after this?

It's gone too far in my considered opinion.

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

wakka12 wrote: »
    Almost 200 more cases in Singapore today, combined over the last 3 days it has reported around 700 new cases.45% increase on national total in 72 hours

119 of the cases reported this morning have no known links to any existing infected people or clusters..this is what will happen when any country relaxes restrictions
    https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/coronavirus-191-new-cases-of-infection-in-singapore-90-year-old-man-becomes-8th-covid-19?xtor=CS3-18&utm_source=STiPhone&utm_medium=share&utm_term=2020-04-11%2022%3A04%3A13

That's what a lot of the "the gubberment are idiots" crowd don't get. Relax restrictions and countless amounts will die including possibly themselves. Let this virus run wild and we will all regret it. We'll worry about the economy later (there will have to be massive debt write offs anyway) but for now we must keep our boot firmly on Covid19's neck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement