Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XV - 15,251 in ROI (610 deaths) 2,645 in NI (194 deaths) (19/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

One of the most shocking images of this entire crisis is seeing New York burying its destitute dead into pits, like plague victims in 17th century London.

What does that say about the richest city in the richest country in the world in the 21st century, or more pertinently about the evolution of a country's leadership?

I think this virus really shows up how our technological society and economies are very weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭I see sheep

MipMap wrote: »
    I remember being told hand sanitizer was not necessary and soap and water
    was all you needed. I remember being told this disease could not be transmitted by aerosol, only by sneezing or coughing. Cat's and dogs could not transmit it.

I'm not sure of this but did they not say in the early stages of AIDS that the blood supply was safe?

What % alcohol was your sanitizer?If less then 70% you may as well do a dance around it, it's useless for viruses

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i knw it impossible but imagine if the pubs/bars stayed open. Reckon they would be mobbed with people drinking away the time

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i knw it impossible but imagine if the pubs/bars stayed open. Reckon they would be mobbed with people drinking away the time

I reckon our cases and death tolls would also be at least 4 times as high by now...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This is it wrote: »
    I understand this is a discussion forum but you'd be quicker checking yourself, I've no idea why you aren't.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/ireland/

https://www.gov.ie/en/news/7e0924-latest-updates-on-covid-19-coronavirus/#april-10

Thank You

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Corkgirl20

What % alcohol was your sanitizer?If less then 70% you may as well do a dance around it, it's useless for viruses

85% Its virucidial. I do have one that is 62% though didn’t knew it was “useless” ?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

Corkgirl20 wrote: »
    85% Its virucidial. I do have one that is 62% though didn’t knew it was “useless” ?
    I think the virus has a little testing kit that tells it how much alcohol it's dealing with !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,837 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I think this virus really shows up how our technological society and economies are very weak.

Not at all.

I can literally video chat with my parents over Skype/zoom, work from home and earn a living, do all my food shopping online to sustain myself and watch every TV show or listen to any album I want over the internet.

That's amazing.

If anything, our technological society is the one thing getting us through this. Wouldn't have been the same even a decade ago.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Not at all.

I can literally video chat with my parents over Skype/zoom, work from home and earn a living, do all my food shopping online to sustain myself and watch every TV show or listen to any album I want over the internet.

That's amazing.

If anything, our technological society is the one thing getting us through this. Wouldn't have been the same even a decade ago.

Tesco's website:

Think before you click

Home delivery slots are a precious resource right now. Your custom is important to us but at this time we’re asking our valued online shoppers who can shop in-store to think before they click. This is to free up slots for those customers who may not be able to come in store at this challenging time

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113103633

I'm sure you are high risk there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭20silkcut

I use IPA ( isopropyl alcohol) in a spray bottle and spray everything that comes even the post.
    Much easier spray stuff than wipe down every single item. Just make sure all sides are sprayed.
    Leave it a while to soak in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I remember being told hand sanitizer was not necessary and soap and water
    was all you needed. I remember being told this disease could not be transmitted by aerosol, only by sneezing or coughing. Cat's and dogs could not transmit it.

I'm not sure of this but did they not say in the early stages of AIDS that the blood supply was safe?
    I don't know either but, even if they did, the difference between 1981 and 2020 in terms of scientific knowledge, research and ability to replicate genomes is extraordinary. Sequencing the human genome costs thousands now when it would have been millions in the 1980's. Science becomes more efficient all the time.

Also, how do you think aerosol virus spores are a thing? By people not coughing or sneezing into their elbow or a tissue. Cats and dogs still have not been proven to be able to transmit the virus. Stop scare mongering.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Tesco's website:

Think before you click

Home delivery slots are a precious resource right now. Your custom is important to us but at this time we’re asking our valued online shoppers who can shop in-store to think before they click. This is to free up slots for those customers who may not be able to come in store at this challenging time

Click and collect exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Corkgirl20

Tesco's website:

Think before you click

We may be age to gauge the age of people on this thread but I don’t think we can possibly know if anybody has an underlying illness or not unless they disclose it of course.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    I don't know either but, even if they did, the difference between 1981 and 2020 in terms of scientific knowledge, research and ability to replicate genomes is extraordinary. Sequencing the human genome costs thousands now when it would have been millions in the 1980's. Science becomes more efficient all the time.

Also, how do you think aerosol virus spores are a thing? By people not coughing or sneezing into their elbow or a tissue. Cats and dogs still have not been proven to be able to transmit the virus. Stop scare mongering.

Tigers in New York Zoo apparently caught it.
    There is a lot of talk about aerosol infection.
    Sh1te about the BGC injection
    ZINC?

I'm not saying any of this is true or false the point is "WE DON'T KNOW".
    I certainly don't.

Many years ago all the experts told us there was no evidence to link cigarette smoking with cancer.

How long did it take the experts to agree that global warming existed?

This virus is less than 6 months old. They know very little about it.

Corkgirl20 wrote: »
    We may be age to gauge the age of people on this thread but I don’t think we can possibly know if anybody has an underlying illness or not unless they disclose it of course.
    Agreed but he/she can respond for herself/himself

Master of the Universe

I'm sorry, have we met somewhere in a former life or are you just hovering outside my home in the bushes?

Either way you should probably be staying at home and minding your own ****ing business.

Tesco's website:

Think before you click

I remember when Tesco first came out with this a lot of the early lockdown folk got quite hysterical. I posted their request to leave the delivery slots to those who need it and got told to wind my neck in :) 'Why can't we get our groceries delivered!! Waaah!

Master of the Universe

I remember when Tesco first came out with this a lot of the early lockdown folk got quite hysterical. I posted their request to leave the delivery slots to those who need it and got told to wind my neck in :) 'Why can't we get our groceries delivered!! Waaah!

Imagine that, some people who actually do need the delivery slots also possess the ability to post on an internet forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I understand this is a discussion forum but you'd be quicker checking yourself, I've no idea why you aren't.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/ireland/

https://www.gov.ie/en/news/7e0924-latest-updates-on-covid-19-coronavirus/#april-10

Even in the gov.ie release they are literally contradicting themselves
    480 new cases of COVID-19 in Ireland have been confirmed. There are now 7054 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.

Including test results which have been sent to Germany for testing (which may include tests from older cases) the total figure of those who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in Ireland now stands at 8,089.

Is it any wonder people questioning them about their figures

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

One of the most shocking images of this entire crisis is seeing New York burying its destitute dead into pits, like plague victims in 17th century London.

What does that say about the richest city in the richest country in the world in the 21st century, or more pertinently about the evolution of a country's leadership?
    I'm not sure it's just the destitute - the sheer numbers mean families cannot get an undertaker, burial plot etc - it's controlling the sheer number of bodies - all of the mortuaries, temp facilities etc need to be emptied daily to make room for tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Is it an absolute certainty that if some gets rid of it they dont pick it up quickly again?

Also does the virus cause any long term lung damage for people who even recover?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Is it an absolute certainty that if some gets rid of it they dont pick it up quickly again?

Also does the virus cause any long term lung damage for people who even recover?

Too early for certainties.

Tigers in New York Zoo apparently caught it.

Just because they caught it from us does not mean we can catch it from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Just because they caught it from us does not mean we can catch it from them.

I wouldn't like to be close enough to a tiger to find out...

Haha me neither!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

You could experiment on a pet cat.

owlbethere wrote: »
    You could experiment on a pet cat.

No

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/gabrielleigh/2020/04/10/sweden-continues-with-controversial-coronavirus-strategy-is-it-a-big-mistake/amp/

It appears from this article that Ireland are taking a somewhat similar approach to Sweden when it comes to enforcing the guidelines. I don't know how a "caretaker" "government" can be entitled to be making these life and death decisions (for example, not to penalise people who are flouting restrictions) but at least I'm optimistic that if enough of a society is left at the end to have an enquiry, the Covid tribunal will show this dictatorship up for what it is.

Basically Leo hates the poor. He's said it in every other way that you can besides actually coming out and saying it. Before he is kicked off his unelected pedestal (not forgetting that he was Taoiseach and his own constituents didn't even want him there, was it five counts? And he just replaced Enda to be party leader or "president" as he referred to himself today), he seems hell-bent on using this crisis as an opportunity to take out as many people who hate his government as possible.

I'm talking about all the people who are working at the moment, by the way.

Hear me out. If all the upper middle class who think they're too good for the lockdown travel this weekend (and his flimsy warnings against it and totally inadequate deterrents indicated that he didn't really give a sh!t what they do), there will be a huge surge on hospitals in two weeks. Like we are NOT doing well. Was it 65 or 70% of cases are community transmission? So we don't know how they got it.

The next Cheltenham is Easter and isn't it ironic they'll all be dying for Leo's sins like he's some kind of
    edgy biracial sexually enlightened
    Jesus. I hid that because it's probably offensive if you're religious, but it's actually probably the only compliment I can pay the man, his race and sexuality are progressive and his politics are completely medieval.

I just can't wait for him to paraphrase Marie Antoinette later this year when the flour supply chains from Italy inevitably cack it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭This is it

It's a while since I've read so much drivel in a single post.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

It's a while since I've read so much drivel in a single post.
    Great criticism, well said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement