Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XV - 15,251 in ROI (610 deaths) 2,645 in NI (194 deaths) (19/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Not a Stone's fan, but pretty cool

https://twitter.com/i/status/1251677355401187334

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Backlog is completely gone according to Fergal Bowers.

I've been waiting for two weeks for my results. Fergal is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

John.Icy wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1251832822366601217

Fergal hasn't gone back yet to say he forgot a zero...someone please tell me he forgot a zero. Looks like Germany are just doing testing for us by now rather than clearing backlog, 40% of the workload?

EDIT: HSE have said the backlog is cleared.

OK, so the 1,000 per day figures seems accurate. Now, demand probably means there isn't that many people looking for a test which explains the low total number to be fair. But only ~600 done a day on these shores? And need Germany to do the rest? That is a weird drop in system output in Irish labs, 26 of them working on 600 tests. Even before the promised increase in testing the NVRL was doing around 1500 lab tests a day?

EDIT: Removed 7,000 a day number, he had moved onto swabs per day rather than lab test, my error.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Some morons going to church over in Georgia.
    Taking communion from a shared spoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

blade1 wrote: »
    Some morons going to church over in Georgia.
    Taking communion from a shared spoon.

Average IQ to rise in Georgia soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

1000 seems ridiculously low where ever they are being processed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Kilboor wrote: »
    Ugh

This thread was always pitiful but it's in the toilet over the weekend. There's no point in posting anything of any relevance because it gets lost in the mire of utter sh!t, people saying the government are doing great and need to reopen the country seem to be completely dedicated to swamping any actual content. Facts posted are dutifully shot down by the same people, especially around ten cretins in particular, who are in total denial.

Reopen the pubs by all means and offer employees extremely generous terms if they want to risk their health and go back to work. Then off with the **** who want amass in their droves. On the way in you get one of those stamps they were doing in India that lasts for two weeks. If you have one of those stamps when you arrive at the hospital, no good, you made the choice to go out, you chose to spread this.

I'm obviously being facetious, i don't wish this virus on anyone, but in this case only because of the impact they would have spreading it in the community to their families.

Sending primary age children into their schools, on the other hand, is unforgivable. It's a lambs to the slaughter situation. There is NO way of implementing effective social distancing with children under a certain age, especially in special needs settings. Transport would also pose a huge risk as many special needs students travel together on buses in to school.

Utterly flabbergasted today by the stupidity of Simon Harris... apparently just spitballing about gambling with people's lives, slinging sh!t at the wall so Concannon can see what sticks. Never mind coughing at him, I'd kick him in his quivering pathetic face if I saw him. Or definitely have a frank and urgent discussion with him about the wide-reaching ramifications of his thoughtless and inconsiderate behaviour.

Average IQ to rise in Georgia soon.

God is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

94033062_10158207336733599_2796554722272608256_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107%26_nc_sid=110474%26_nc_oc=AQk7FNMjLznOyTmFkJKbQZwD7FJmLx4nTeRXU5y4gio4P7qM5PNWxAoVuqqBAit_COQ3ZDkkdEa8_0cHIYPwgK2r%26_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx%26oh=89efbe726ce33e926d0ad25c4efeeedd%26oe=5EC23DD1&key=e1cbea301a122ddbb17df794257bb1749133691480d08c08cd365014164b4534

Nobody saw that coming..

• Registered Users Posts: 35,998 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Do you think travel will resume into Europe by May 20th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

never stopped but i cant see people going on holidays

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

Gynoid wrote: »
    I think the woohooing is a step too far as your spittle is dangerous and unauthorised. Do you have a little fold out chair on the landing? Mind you don't fall off it and trip down the stairs. Be careful and stay vigilant.

I have my mask on when I woohoo and my landing window is at least five meters away from the road. Other clappers are social distancing too so I don't see a problem with this when we clap and cheer for our healthcare heros who are on the frontline on the War on Coronavirus during this emergency crisis. I was just saying the other day how wonderful it is that our heros have posted countless choreographed dance routines online, they need to do things like that at a time like this when the grim reaper is around every corner. Takes their minds off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

There is still travel to Europe.

But 20000 heading to Spain every week, zero chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

General travel like before? Not a chance!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,998 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

easypazz wrote: »

I have an appointment in Madrid, business not pleasure. Of course that business is closed, but if it were to reopen, would it be advisable to attend that appointment if it was available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

I have an appointment in Madrid, business not pleasure. Of course that business is closed, but if it were to reopen, would it be advisable to attend that appointment if it was available.

No point in asking us, nobody has a crystal ball.

You could be facing 14-28 days quarantine in Spain, so its best head off now.

And you be facing the same on the way home.

Who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

theballz wrote: »

Technically you’re not part of the “backlog”. The “backlog” is cases prior to two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Do we know if there are many cases in our somewhat overcrowded prisons? You'd expect it to spread rapidly in an environment like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

zinfandel wrote: »

It’s not confusing at all ��
    11. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…
    12. Stay 2 metres away from tigers (see point 11.).
    Best laugh all week.. laughing while my fluffy friend sits 2meters away looking at me in that way that only they can do... 'my human has gone bonkers mad... the virus must have got them after all...I hope they dont give it to me..I am outta here to self quareenteen up a tree..'

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭zinfandel

More likely they’ll probably find another couple of hundred false negatives and blind is with science about how this could happen.

Numbers would want to be dropping sharply from midweek onwards to show that our half lockdown was worth it.

Questions will be asked if still reporting 6-700 cases this time next week.

I think with all the extra testing going on in nursing homes and institutions , the overall numbers will not be shrinking for a bit, but those in general population should be.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Paddygreen wrote: »
    I have my mask on when I woohoo and my landing window is at least five meters away from the road. Other clappers are social distancing too so I don't see a problem with this when we clap and cheer for our healthcare heros who are on the frontline on the War on Coronavirus during this emergency crisis. I was just saying the other day how wonderful it is that our heros have posted countless choreographed dance routines online, they need to do things like that at a time like this when the grim reaper is around every corner. Takes their minds off it.

This is very commendable and considerate of you but does your mask meet the approved quality standard? Also are you following the correct procedures for putting on and taking off your mask and washing/sanitizing your hands before and after doing so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Paddygreen wrote: »

That's a relief Paddy. It cheers me to think you might also be doing a choreographed dance routine while woohooing in your mask on the landing. Stay strong.

UK 596 deaths.
    Coming down a bit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

https://www.breakingnews.ie/world/broadways-nick-cordero-to-have-leg-amputated-after-coronavirus-complications-994821.html

Broadway actor to lose his leg due to coronavirus complications. This is terrible. It’s also the first I’ve heard of any amputations due to the virus. Has this happened before?

I dont know if its happened before , but its being postulated that SARS-CoV2 could cause blood clotting.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32294809

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

easypazz wrote: »

I saw a picture but I won't post it, purporting to be of an airport in Romania with the place absolutely jammers, cheek to jowl stuff, supposedly of people coming to Europe to pick vegerables and fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/coronavirus-japan-death-toll-covid-19-cases-hospitals-ppe-latest-updates-a9472656.html
    I thought Japan was one of the countries doing well in this crisis. Obviously I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

theballz wrote: »
    The backlog of testing for Covid-19 has been eliminated, according to the Health Service Executive.
    the HSE made that claim not Fergal Bowers https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1251855114182242306

• Registered Users Posts: 38,301 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Danzy wrote:
    They did do that and it was the correct course of action.

So.just to clarify, you are saying the government is responsible for hundreds of deaths and that's a good thing?

ek motor wrote: »
    I dont know if its happened before , but its being postulated that SARS-CoV2 could cause blood clotting.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32294809

I had been reading a Lancet article about viral sepsis due to SARS-CoV2, which postulates it’s the cause of death in the majority of fatal cases. Sepsis involves blood clotting and consequent death of tissues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭zinfandel

god no....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement