Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid19 Part XV - 15,251 in ROI (610 deaths) 2,645 in NI (194 deaths) (19/04) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Are Mexico still paying for the wall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

I’ve been surprised by the amount of cases in Monaco. The most densely populated state in the world yet very few cases and no deaths. Would have expected it along with Andorra and San Marino to have higher cases too based on their geographical locations. Am I missing something in the stats?

....Actually, (edit) I was wrong on the stats for San Marino and Andorra. High enough based on population but Monaco?

Not that surprising. Monaco is home to super wealthy who don't have to mix with too many others in a workplace, don't go on public transport, no underground, etc. Also far from epicentres like Paris. Weather might be a factor too. Also good medical care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

He's some talker to be fair. Could chat for hours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭threeball

Its more of a pillar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Best buddies now it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,323 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

easypazz wrote: »
    CNN and also youtube.

CNN often cut him off.

CNN said that the video he showed was little more than a propaganda video and they had no obligation to show it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Not sure if posted before. Really interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

They might think it’s worth their while.........even if only to keep those lunatic Trump supporters out of Mexico.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Stheno wrote: »
    Ah. Just choose a random sample not the total

And btw of the entire amount admitted to ICU 80% had an underlying condition as per Fridays briefing

Stop making up numbers

I'm talking about people who died, who didn't die in ICU, not about people admitted to ICU.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DevilsHaircut

Probably posted before, but the 'Red Dawn' emails. A very difficult job for the experts to get through to Trump.

NY Times report led to Trump's #FireFauci retweet today, but thankfully he's been reined in.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/us/politics/coronavirus-red-dawn-emails-trump.html

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/6879-2020-covid-19-red-dawn-rising/66f590d5cd41e11bea0f/optimized/full.pdf#page=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,069 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Strazdas wrote: »
    CNN said that the video he showed was little more than a propaganda video and they had no obligation to show it.

That's exactly what it was.

He has debased the office long before now though. Everyone knows there is no depth to which he can't sink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,323 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

He's the debased the office long before now though. Everyone knows there is no depth to which he can't sink.

He seems to be permanently in campaign mode and trying to appeal to the voter base. The media are just a nuisance (unless he can use them).

He has debased the office long before now though. Everyone knows there is no depth to which he can't sink.

Ah that's leftist talk 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

My 74 year old mother got tested on the 15th of March with very serious symptoms. She is cocooning and still very ill. She has no result. She may not have had it and is coming out of it or may have had/has a milder strain...it matters little either way.

My wife's niece who is English was tested on Saturday 2pm in London and got her results via text and email at 10pm tonight, to add insult to injury look where her test was confirmed.

The figures here are a nonsense, who knows what is happening. Yet we have scoffed at UK process. We were an absolute shambles of a healthcare system pre crisis and why would this change suddenly? Whats worse is the sudden political spin and ridiculous adulation for Leo Vradkar and Simon Harris. What have they done? What is so wonderful about their achievements. We have absolutely no idea what is happening in the Republic with regard to infection rates.

This is in no way reflective of criticism towards any front line health care worker.

[IMG][/img]test2.jpg
    upload

M

Italy and Spain not mates of Don.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

He's trying to argue his authority is total. Fúcking hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DevilsHaircut

If he thought he could get away with declaring a dictatorship he would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Can we drop the Trump bs. This is about Coronavirus in the ROI ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

America were late to the Covid 19 party, and are acting like they will be first to leave. They must be two months behind Italy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,456 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Mexico has less than half the virus cases of Ireland, if I were them I'd be building the wall on their side of the Rio Grande sharpish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

threeball wrote: »
    If he thought he could get away with declaring a dictatorship he would.

When he gets voted out I'm sure he will leave. That's what usually happens.
    Unless it's Irish politics of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Cody montana

gozunda wrote: »

Trump is insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

The virus is a global pandemic outside our borders. How Trump responds has an impact on us. I don't see why this works up people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭kyote00

He normally finishes with the OAN group reporting - he gets giddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-fears-of-a-second-wave-in-china-as-italy-prepares-to-reopen-some-shops-11972630

139 unit nursing home in Quebec reports 31 deaths over the last month , 5 have so far been confirmed as caused by COVID

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    The virus is a global pandemic reaching outside our borders. How Trump responds has an impact on us. I don't see why this works up people.

Start another thread so. The title of the thread is self explanatory.

The number of people who are obsessed witj very single word Trump utters bergers belief tbh.

https://twitter.com/JoeySalads/status/1249419813262209025

All these vids including from hospitals here starting to look insensitive at best

Orinigally it was quirky but now it's not so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

The number of people who are obsessed witj very single word Trump utters bergers belief tbh.
    The title of the thread just says how many cases there are in Ireland - note the hyphen.

• Advertisement

The thread is called Coronavirus. The press conference is about Coronavirus. Why we're discussing it is pretty self explanatory

Blueshoe wrote: »
    When he gets voted out I'm sure he will leave. That's what usually happens.
    Unless it's Irish politics of course.

Were you not taught how an Irish government is formed in school?

Piss poor when pence would make a better President than the current holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Ah the nightly whining by trump fans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

They are obsessed. It's like self flagellation for them.

For me it's just so boring, going on and on and on. And the worst thing is they'll be going on and on for another 4 years.

MAGA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is embarrassing even by Trump standards.
    I see this posted every day. I think he's well past that long, long ago.
    easypazz wrote:
    Adolf Hitler type stuff
    Ah here, this is ridiculous in the extreme.

• Advertisement

Ficheall wrote: »
    The title of the thread just says how many cases there are in Ireland - note the hyphen.

Yeah and it certainly does not mention the US or Trump

Which bit are you unsure about exactly...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've said it in a prior thread - if you don't want to discuss the goings on of Trump real time between the hours of around 10pm and 1 am it's perhaps best to stay out of this thread as Trump talk will inevitably take over. This is a general thread allowing discussion of a whole range of issues, including Trump's latest comments

froog wrote: »
    Ah the nightly whining by trump fans.

I think you know that its always an anti trump pile on.
    Tonight no different. Same story since 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

The horsesh*t he babbles on about surfaces here the very next day, as if he were some sort of expert Doctor, Pharmacist, Epidemiologist, Virologist etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

threeball wrote: »
    The thread is called Coronavirus. The press conference is about Coronavirus. Why we're discussing it is pretty self explanatory

It's pretty much scoped to Ireland and Northern Ireland, as per the title.

Why not just go off the the other thread to circle jerk in your whining.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As I created the thread title, I'll add some comment. The figures were there from when there was a standalone thread in CA. This is the "goto" thread for all "news" Coronavirus related, not just discussion of the Irish position. Posters do appreciate those figure being included in a thread title, and this is the most appropriate one as it's regularly near/at the top of the page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

doylefe wrote: »

Ohhhh the Right Wing Trumpettes are getting upset ! ;)

doylefe wrote: »

You need to learn to read. Better you spent time brushing up on that than in here bitching in an otherwise dead thread.

There are reports from all over the world in this thread.

Which makes more informative and worthwhile in my opinion.

Trump is a pretty big piece of the jigsaw.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

My 74 year old mother got tested on the 15th of March with very serious symptoms. She is cocooning and still very ill. She has no result. She may not have had it and is coming out of it or may have had/has a milder strain...it matters little either way.

My wife's niece who is English was tested on Saturday 2pm in London and got her results via text and email at 10pm tonight, to add insult to injury look where her test was confirmed.

The figures here are a nonsense, who knows what is happening. Yet we have scoffed at UK process. We were an absolute shambles of a healthcare system pre crisis and why would this change suddenly? Whats worse is the sudden political spin and ridiculous adulation for Leo Vradkar and Simon Harris. What have they done? What is so wonderful about their achievements. We have absolutely no idea what is happening in the Republic with regard to infection rates.

This is in no way reflective of criticism towards any front line health care worker.

[IMG][/img]test2.jpg
    upload

Unfortunately, your mother was tested at a time when we had a serious lack of reagent and testing ability. If she was tested more recently she more than likely would have got her test back in a similar time frame to your wife's niece. My dad was tested last week, he's a similar age to your mother, and he received his results back in less than a week. The testing situation has improved in the past week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I think you know that its always an anti trump pile on.
    Tonight no different. Same story since 2016

So? Are we not free to criticise him?

There are reports from all over the world in this thread.

Which makes more informative and worthwhile in my opinion.

Trump is a pretty big piece of the jigsaw.

Sudan had a rise of 10 cases today bringing their total to 29
    Also Burundi saw its first death today from Covid19

The horsesh*t he babbles on about surfaces here the very next day, as if he were some sort of expert Doctor, Pharmacist, Epidemiologist, Virologist etc.

Thats about it. Its pure horse****...

M

From 9pm onwards of an evening Irish and UK media tends to go to sleep, Trump press conference keeps the thread ticking over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Always the same handful of people who need the obvious relevance of THE major western superpower's virus response explained again. Huh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement