Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid19 Part XV - 15,251 in ROI (610 deaths) 2,645 in NI (194 deaths) (19/04) Read OP

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

his child won't be treated by Simon Harris

Call me cynical, but if I were to guess, if his child were to need an ICU bed, he probably wouldn't get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

that was march 1st a long time ago. 6 weeks

5 - 11 day incubation. Could be third order infection. The test took two weeks to come back. Entirely plausible and in fact probable.

Kid gets it +5 days min
    Dad gets it + 5 days min
    She gets it + 5 days
    Symptoms -> test ?
    Tests +14 days test result.

~80% of transmission occurs in households.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/who-china-joint-mission-on-covid-19-final-report.pdf

509533.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭Christy42

New Home wrote: »
    Call me cynical, but if I were to guess, if his child were to need an ICU bed, he probably wouldn't get one.
    What. We would leave it empty for the sake of it?

We aren't at capacity yet. Why deny someone a bed?

Christy42 wrote: »
    What. We would leave it empty for the sake of it?

We aren't at capacity yet. Why deny someone a bed?

Ask the nursing homes and the guidance they received. Treatment in situ for most it looks like. (Speculation)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

fin12 wrote: »
    Father pleading on 96fm now for Simon Harris to reply to his emails regarding how his disabled son will be treated if he was to contract the virus.

Simon Harris pure disgrace, answers twitter emails about a f*cking Easter bunny but can’t get in contact with this man.
    Sounds like that father is sending emails to completely the wrong person. HSE or HSE live would be a better port of call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Wow you don't agree with someone and can't be arsed developing a retort or argument so just come out with this BS.

Silly carry.

You said people will be disappointed when we get a vaccine, no retort is needed as it's a ridiculous statement and you know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

BanditLuke wrote: »
    You said people will be disappointed when we get a vaccine, no retort is needed as it's a ridiculous statement and you know it.

Anit vaccers will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

We can all write an e-mail asking how our own children will be treated if (s)he gets coronavirus. It's a bloody ridiculous thing to expect him to be able to answer without knowing the when or the other circumstances around hospital capacity/availability at that time!

Ask the nursing homes and the guidance they received. Treatment in situ for most it looks like. (Speculation)
    According to Henry the call is made based on the individual and what would be best for them in terms of care.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Iamabeliever

5 - 11 day incubation. Could be third order infection. The test took two weeks to come back. Entirely plausible and in fact probable.

Kid gets it +5 days min
    Dad gets it + 5 days min
    She gets it + 5 days
    Symptoms -> test ?
    Tests +14 days test result.

~80% of transmission occurs in households.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/who-china-joint-mission-on-covid-19-final-report.pdf

509533.png

Could she not have picked it up in Tesco's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

polesheep wrote: »
    She's working long shifts but the same number of hours per week. There is no shortage of PPE at the moment. No nurse is required to work extra hours at the moment.
    Bull**** .. yes they are , in Dublin hospitals anyway. Fact , so wind your neck in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭Christy42

Is the kid in a nursing home? There are issues with bringing frail people into a room full of sick people at the best of times. We don't know the full details of this kids situation and neither does Harris. Without that no one can say what the best course of action is.

This is making a molehill out of entirely flat ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

wakka12 wrote: »
    46.6% of all deaths in London last week were registered with COVID 19 as a contributing cause of death

Across the UK as a whole 21% of all deaths listed COVID as main or contributing COD
    https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-one-in-10-virus-deaths-taking-place-outside-hospitals-ons-11973059

The Office for National Statistics reported the highest number of deaths ever recorded in England and Wales last week from all causes, though this database only began in 2005.

I know someone in their late 30s on a ventilator with covid in London currently. Non-smoker, no underlying conditions. Public-facing job. Dose seems to be important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Hi,

I got tested the weekend (Saturday,) it was fairly unclear in terms of next steps. They just said the HSE will contact me with results, I know their is a backlog and I am not expecting to hear from them before the end of this week at the earliest, however, I am keen to hear from someone who has tested positive.

What are the next steps?
    How did they contact you? Phone or text?
    Was it a doctor, nurse etc?

Any help greatly appreciated

is_that_so wrote: »
    According to Henry the call is made based on the individual and what would be best for them in terms of care.

Maybe so. At least they now have oxygen.
    https://twitter.com/higginsdavidw/status/1249698917937266695?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Anyone been following Trump’s latest briefings?

What in god’s name is going on with the man?

It’s so so bad. You’re watching it and thinking this has to be some sort of hoax. Nobody can be this ridiculous...

What I cannot understand is how no journalist has yet stood up and said in a firm way, “wtf are you on? Get the hell off that stage..“

I cannot imagine any European country, and particularly us or the UK allowing his utter rantings and Sh1t go unchallenged..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

walshb wrote: »
    Anyone been following Trump’s latest briefings?

What in god’s name is going on with the man?

It’s so so bad. You’re watching it and thinking this has to be some sort of hoax. Nobody can be this ridiculous...

What I cannot understand is how no journalist has yet stood up and said in a firm way, “wtf are you on? Get the hell off that stage..“

I cannot imagine any European country, and particularly us or the UK allowing his utter rantings and Sh1t go unchallenged..

Ohh please, let it wait for the evening hours when Trump takes over this thread :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sounds like that father is sending emails to completely the wrong person. HSE or HSE live would be a better port of call.

Granted this is now a good few weeks later, but...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112951945

New Home wrote: »
    Granted this is now a good few weeks later, but...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112951945

Interesting. You'd like to think they've sharpened up their act since then!

• Advertisement

Interesting. You'd like to think they've sharpened up their act since then!

There's always hope.

Could she not have picked it up in Tesco's?

What does it matter. My point that she self isolated AGAINST the advice was a very prudent decision by her. I'm sure most parents did not take this decision as they were advised to continue as normal. I wonder how many infections / deaths are attributable to that NOW clearly wrong advice. i.e if someone in the household has had contact with a suspected case then family should isolate , not just the person.

Considering it was in her kids school more likely but yeah everyone is getting it in Tesco. Aldi and supervalue are grand word on the street is. (sarcasm)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

UK reports 813 new deaths.

(inc +10 in NI)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

What does it matter. My point that she self isolated AGAINST the advice was a very prudent decision by her. I'm sure most parents did not take this decision as they were advised to continue as normal. I wonder how many infections / deaths are attributable to that NOW clearly wrong advice. i.e if someone in the household has had contact with a suspected case then family should isolate , not just the person.

Considering it was in her kids school more likely but yeah everyone is getting it in Tesco. Aldi and supervalue are grand word on the street is. (sarcasm)

She didn't self isolate for the 2 weeks after her son's school was shut down.

She self isolated after she got tested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭poppers

hawkelady wrote: »
    Bull**** .. yes they are , in Dublin hospitals anyway. Fact , so wind your neck in

My wife and sister inlaw both nurses in dublin . They are not being asked to work extra shift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Sweden reports 114 new deaths, brings death toll to over 1,000. Joint highest daily death toll since April 7th and up significantly on recent days (20 deaths yesterday)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

walshb wrote: »

They have, but it doesn't matter. He will bluster, answer a completely different question or just cut them off.

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1249828326534975488

Another example, where he's taken to task for claiming he has absolute power:

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1249837741711544321

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Why the need to find a conspiracy in everything. Claire Byrne was confirmed positive on the 23rd of March and Tubridy on the 30th. Tests in both cases a few days before. Was this not prior to the peak? Mary Lou was tested on the 28th in contrast. And from People I know who were tested, and individual tested on the 20th got results on the 22nd, while others not tested until late the following week are in some cases still waiting for results. But no, it's all rte, inner circle.....

The 28th is before the 30th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

hawkelady wrote: »

No they are not. Cool your jets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

10 more deaths announced in Northern Ireland taking the total to 134. Added to the 365 deaths in the Republic that means that we've now reached 499 on the island. So tonight sadly we will pass the 500 mark.

Of course NI's figures do not include community deaths so may be 40-50% higher based on other countries experiences.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    She didn't self isolate for the 2 weeks after her son's school was shut down.

She self isolated after she got tested.

You clearly didn't click the link. Found it on youtube for you via irish independent.
    I really have better stuff to be doing. I'm no sinner but she was right. Proper Irish mammy. That's from 2nd of march.
    Sinn Fein leader Mary Lou McDonald said she was postponing meetings and staying at home with her children after a coronavirus case was confirmed at their school but then she then went to dail 3 days later..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

he can talk to the consultation if he gets covid19 otherwise its useless anxiety

You clearly didn't click the link. Found it on youtube for you via irish independent.
    I really have better stuff to be doing. I'm no sinner but she was right. Proper Irish mammy. That's from 2nd of march.

Strange that she attended the Dail a few days after this....
    Mary Lou McDonald says she will be back in the Dáil for any debate or vote on Thursday, after four days of quarantine with her two children.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/mary-lou-mcdonald-to-attend-dail-on-thursday-after-time-in-quarantine-with-children-985560.html

why are they wasting their time talking to trump, try and get interviews with his cabinet, senior advisors/faucci at least or governors... Trump is waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Achasanai wrote: »
    They have, but it doesn't matter. He will bluster, answer a completely different question or just cut them off.

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1249828326534975488

Another example, where he's taken to task for claiming he has absolute power:

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1249837741711544321

I was more thinking an actual heckle and slating of him...

Journalist pretty much telling him to "get the fook off the stage, you imbecile..."

I am not advocating this for any journalist who feels someone is a joke but Trump and his rantings are beyond madness and ridiculousness, hence I am surprised nobody has let rip on him...

why are tehy wasting their time talking to trump, try and get interviews with his cabinet, senior advisors at least or governors... Trump is waste of time.
    He's POTUS and if POTUS shows up to talk ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭weisses

True but that won't get him any airtime :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Iamabeliever

Very sensible indeed following the chief medical advice.

Don't think she said she was self isolating though moreso to stay at home to look after her kids, but that's just my opinion and if you don't agree, that is also fine

I stand corrected. Well done. Her video very misleading. She only stayed at home with the kids for half an hour. Take back everything said previously on the subject. Though the article talks of her intent to attend, I've found the relevant proof.

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/debate/dail/2020-03-05/3/#spk_8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

She was the only parent doing it, every other parent just got on with it. It is a secondary school, no need for her to stay at home with teenagers. She is a notice box .

He's POTUS and if POTUS shows up to talk ...
    record it, pull out any facts, ask question over skype.

• Advertisement

She was the only parent doing it, every other parent just got on with it. It is a secondary school, no need for her to stay at home with teenagers. She is a notice box .
    home many parents were traveling the country meeting people and possibly shaking peoples hands in the previous weeks

She then went on to say she couldn't attend subsequent sitting as she had a........ wait for it...... Head cold. #hindsight.

https://extra.ie/2020/03/26/news/politics/mary-lou-mcdonald-miss-dail-head-cold

She then went on to say she couldn't attend subsequent sitting as she had a........ wait for it...... Head cold. #hindsight.

https://extra.ie/2020/03/26/news/politics/mary-lou-mcdonald-miss-dail-head-cold

3 weeks later...

So basically she didn't self isolate for 2 weeks when her child was, she only self isolated when she felt sick, i.e. when everyone else also does.

he can talk to the consultation if he gets covid19 otherwise its useless anxiety

Or maybe he's one of those people who prefers to be prepared, rather than spend his time firefighting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Wrestlemania 36 went ahead, to empty seats.
    Funny that they didn't postpone it , not as if it's real, geez

home many parents were traveling the country meeting people and possibly shaking peoples hands in the previous weeks

Did it stop her doing it the weeks after?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

polesheep wrote: »
    No they are not. Cool your jets.

Don’t worry, the jets are cool.. I must be wasting my time , according to you , doing up rosters for nursing staff that were on part time but now doing full time .. some of them reluctant but they are stepping up to the plate.. maybe you should talk to your wife more..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Get well soon Mary Lou. At least the weather is good so she can go out her back and tan.

3 weeks later...

So basically she didn't self isolate for 2 weeks when her child was, she only self isolated when she felt sick, i.e. when everyone else also does.

Yeah you are spot on. I've edited post. I know it was a novel disease etc. That video was misleading. Guess she followed the advice afterall. Poor decision in hindsight if it was contracted at home. I've no insight so is 100% speculation.

• Advertisement

3 weeks later...

Sinn Féin has cancelled its public meetings in Cavan and Galway after a case of coronavirus was confirmed at the school attended by Mary Lou McDonald's children https://www.newstalk.com/news/mary-lou-mcdonald-cancels-meetings-children-attend-coronavirus-hit-dublin-school-976286

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement