Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid19 Part XV - 15,251 in ROI (610 deaths) 2,645 in NI (194 deaths) (19/04) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

One wonders if Americans spoke Dutch, would we even be taking notice of these press conferences.

If my aunt had balls...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Turtwig wrote: »
    Look I don't like China but even then there are limits.
    Their initial PCR tests had a false negative of about 30%. So they were largely relying on lung images to make formal diagnosis. You can't just x-ray your entire population when the health service is bursting at the seems in a pandemic.
    If China was the most transparent society on earth they'd never be able to report the actual number of infected accurately. They were caught completely in the initial outbreak. Testing, resources, diagnostics are extremely limited.

No they were not - they tried to cover it up for a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

The UFC

and WWE

ffs

Its the GAA over here ffs. We're not that different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

wakka12 wrote: »
    Spain and Italy just let thousands of elderly die alone and with no help in nurshing homes, many of their deaths have not even been reported. Yeh way better than USA

USA is not dealing with this crisis any worse than the rest of the Western world

Comedy gold !

One wonders if Americans spoke Dutch, would we even be taking notice of these press conferences.

Yes - what's your point or is it the same as last night and the night before and the...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

What the **** is going on

America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

RobertKK wrote: »
    Leo has his script writers to quote Heaney.

I'm glad he does. I think it's nice to give something inspirational and comforting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Spain and Italy just let thousands of elderly die alone and with no help in nurshing homes, many of their deaths have not even been reported. Yeh way better than USA

USA is not dealing with this crisis any worse than the rest of the Western world

Those abandoned nursing homes wasn't state policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

I reckon there is a bet amongst his speech writers to see how many names he can get through in a row fluently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Tandey

The GAA.

Good lad donie.

• Advertisement

Product placement ffs

This covid update was kindly brought to you by Coca-Cola America's real choice.

Its America, its the narrative.

Look at Sweden. No lockdown and **** all restrictions.

But hippy arseholes on here like to talk ****e about the "scandanavian model".

The swedes are going to destory their country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

owlbethere wrote: »
    I'm glad he does. I think it's nice to give something inspirational and comforting.

Lol

How is that contradictory? WHO can't protect the world if they aren't being granted access to the infected areas, wherever they may be.

As I said, it's a balancing act. They are a severely underfunded organisation that have to go to some of the most unhospitable places on earth to track deadly diseases and you are worried about what they call them? I think WHO have bigger concerns to be honest.

Other countries have no problem inviting them into help unless you are China when you say you are not getting in til we have sanitized all traces of it and we control where you go and what you see but here's some nice reports we made for you earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I can't believe this has happened. I can't. And I just wanna say thanks to Apollo for fighting me. Apollo. I wanna thank Mickey for training me.
    Fan: We love ya, Trump!
    Yeah, I love yous too. Most of all, I wanna thank God. Except for my kid bein' born, this is the greatest night in the history of my life. I just wanna say one thing to my wife who's home: YO, Melania! I DID IT!!

Rocky-Trump-Poster-mockup.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,537 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is he waiting until the reporters get sciatica from sitting too long on those chairs that they just go home before asking any questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Has Fauci been sacked

Hurrache wrote: »
    Those abandoned nursing homes wasn't state policy.

Officially it wasnt......

Yes there is a huge anti Americanism with the anti Trumpers. They don't seem to accept that he represents a large section of Americans. He is America.

• Advertisement

Spain and Italy just let thousands of elderly die alone and with no help in nurshing homes,not even any morphine to ease the pain, many of their deaths have not even been reported

Jesus. That's horrendous

Source?

Yes we would via a translator, also some Americans do speak Dutch and a couple of hundred other languages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Jesus. That's horrendous

Source?

https://www.euronews.com/2020/03/21/italian-mayor-claims-the-true-death-toll-from-covid-19-likely-to-be-much-higher

And look up abandoned nursing homes in Spain, plenty of stories

Its not even limited to these two countries. The death toll from COVID worldwide is likely several hundred thousand, who knows how many have died in Iran and China for example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jesus. That's horrendous

Source?

Every news show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

fritzelly wrote: »
    No they were not - they tried to cover it up for a month
    (Thanks for ignoring the rest of my post.)

Two months actually. Patient zero is from November 2019. But you completely misunderstood the point. Any area caught unprepared in the peak of an initial outbreak is not going have accurate case data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

There is no way Fauci supports opening anything by May 1st.

I'd say he'll resign.

• Advertisement

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Yes we would via a translator, also some Americans do speak Dutch and a couple of hundred other languages.

Then why isn't Angela Merkel's speeches featured on the media, given that she is more influential to us, than the US president.

What the fcuk is he doing listing out companies and ceos

He wants to thank all the billionaires of the USA,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Has Fauci been sacked
    No.

Officially it wasnt......

Are you fed your list of conspiracy crap that you constantly regurgitate from a YouTube account or something? Lizard people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Then why isn't Angela Merkel's speeches featured on the media, given that she is more influential to us, than the US president.

She is coherent and not delusional for the most part

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Tandey

It’s his victory lap.

It’s an endless one btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Can the governors of the individual states refuse to comply with Trump or will they have no choice in opening up on the 1st of May?

Lol

At least Leo isn't calling out company names and ceos during his speeches

The ''I'll rub your back, you rub mine strategy ''

Jesus. That's horrendous

Source?

This is a good example of people believing anything they read. React as if it's fact, then ask for a source.

Trump saying he wants to open up states by May 1st.

Then goes on to say they may have to shut them down again....when the inevitable happens.

You've changed your tune since this morning when you were calling for our current restrictions to be lifted so hardware stores etc could reopen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Yes, because for the same reason Americans would be speaking Dutch, so would we have ended up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Can the governors of the individual states refuse to comply with Trump or will they have no choice in opening up on the 1st of May?

I believe the decision rests with the governers.

• Advertisement

At least Leo isn't calling out company names and ceos during his speeches

There's others leaders to compare Leo to. Why do you pick the worst to compare him with? Plus America has different system to us.

Turtwig wrote: »
    (Thanks for ignoring the rest of my post.)

Two months actually. Patient zero is from November 2019. But you completely misunderstood the point. Any area caught unprepared in the peak of an initial outbreak is not going have accurate case data.

Wasn't ignoring it, agreed with it - but that was at the start and later on as well but they were doing clinical diagnosis
    They ignored it hoping it would go away - they had a month to prepare before it blew up but didn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭kyote00

He has no power to tell individual states what to do in this instance....
    Lollipop95 wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Election campaign contributions are very important.;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

People who dislike trump actually watch this on a nightly basis just to give out about trump? My first and last time watching.

You've been told if you don't like it don't visit the thread at this time of night

Hurrache wrote: »
    This is a good example of people believing anything they read. React as if it's fact, then ask for a source.

Fair point.

But at least i asked for a source

doylefe wrote: »
    People who dislike trump actually watch this on a nightly basis just to give out about trump? My first and last time watching.

They love him... can't get enough of him.

• Advertisement

Has Trump just implicitly threatened states with cuts to federal funding if they don't do what he says?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement