Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid19 Part XV - 15,251 in ROI (610 deaths) 2,645 in NI (194 deaths) (19/04) Read OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

doylefe wrote: »
    People who dislike trump actually watch this on a nightly basis just to give out about trump? My first and last time watching.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm crying tears of mirth here especially from the online commentary. We do need a pick me up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Yes there is a huge anti Americanism with the anti Trumpers. They don't seem to accept that he represents a large section of Americans. He is America.

A minority of Americans who voted you should remember voted for him.

And stop with the bull**** claim that people who think he's an awful job are anti American, it's utter stupidly.

Then why isn't Angela Merkel's speeches featured on the media, given that she is more influential to us, than the US president.

Plenty of discussion of Merkel and Germany's response in the media and on here, you need to dig up.

Also as for your comment that Trump is America, no.

There's others leaders to compare Leo to. Why do you pick the worst to compare him with? Plus America has different system to us.

You know trump is on right now. I wrote I'm glad Leo isn't like him

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Can the governors of the individual states refuse to comply with Trump or will they have no choice in opening up on the 1st of May?

I would imagine not if they need to access this bank of ventilators in the national stockpile.

• Advertisement

They love him... can't get enough of him.

You really can't read a room can you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

The Governors have the authority. And they're not stupid enough to do what he says.

Trump will say to his base - "look I tried to open the economy, they wouldn't let me. It's the Democratic Governors fault you are now poor."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Hurrache wrote: »
    A minority of Americans who voted you should remember voted for him.

And stop with the bull**** claim that people who think he's an awful job are anti American, it's utter stupidly.

No, the Irish that criticise him. They dislike the myth of his typical voter. They cannot understand why they would vote for Trump.

It's almost becoming an American racism at this stage here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,537 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Trump needs a lend of Liveline's Bad Line Button™.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

DubInMeath wrote: »
    You really can't read a room can you.

Why would people follow his every word if you don't like him ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I read that twice and there's nothing in there backing up your claims.

What were my claims? That elderly deaths went unreported, which the article is exactly about. And that they died without medical care, not hard to imagine given that these elderly people never even got to make it to hospital

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Everything with Trump boils down to dollars and cents.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

doylefe wrote: »
    People who dislike trump actually watch this on a nightly basis just to give out about trump? My first and last time watching.

Uganda saw an increase of 1 new case today bringing their total to 55. Thankfully no deaths have been reported in the African nation.

The health service of Equatorial Guinea reported 20 new cases today from a previous figure of 21 bringing their total to 41 cases.

No, the Irish that criticise him. They dislike the myth of his typical voter. They cannot understand why they would vote for Trump.

It's almost becoming an American racism at this stage here.

No, you're off the wall to suit your narrative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Trump saying

''if a state wants to open, but our data says otherwise, I won't allow that state to open''

Seems fair, he clearly wants to open states that have no problem only, with restrictions

I went to make a cup of tea and get a midnight snack and he's still working through his list. I mean like, what the Holy fcuk. He must be calling out every American company and business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Talks to the reporters like he's a classroom teacher

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Trump saying

''if a state wants to open, but our data says otherwise, I won't allow that state to open''

Seems fair, he clearly wants to open states that have no problem only, with restrictions

Its up to the govenors apparently and 6 of them NY and Nj inclided have said they wont open until ready

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Can the governors of the individual states refuse to comply with Trump or will they have no choice in opening up on the 1st of May?

If you ask the governors, they can refuse. If you ask Trump, they can't. One of them is right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Somehow Trump reminds me of the CJ character in Reginald Perrin, (Fall and Rise of).

• Advertisement

wakka12 wrote: »
    What were my claims? That elderly deaths went unreported, which the article is exactly about. And that they died without medical care, not hard to imagine given that these elderly people never even got to make it to hospital
    Spain and Italy just let thousands of elderly die alone and with no help in nurshing homes,not even any morphine to ease the pain, and their deaths not even reported. Yeh way better than USA

USA is not dealing with this crisis any worse than the rest of the Western world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

72 deaths in Florida today, highest so far.

The states Trump is talking about are run by Republicans who never gave a sh!te anyway like Florida.

And they are the states particularly in the core who have yet to receive the brunt end of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

excuse me, excuse me, excuse me, that's enough, that's enough

*pouts*

please, go ahead

*scowls at previous reporter again*

that's enough

*pouts back at current reporter*

please, go ahead

The states that reopen will get heavily infected and drag this on throughout the summer and into autumn. Its going to be his downfall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,537 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The chairs the reporters are on are like something you would pick up in Dealz.

khalessi wrote: »
    Its up to the govenors apparently and 6 of them NY and Nj inclided have said they wont open until ready

Trump just stated he is not asking Coumo to open until he's ready, he's speaking of Governors who are clearly asking to open from what he is saying,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭Cody montana

froog wrote: »
    excuse me, excuse me, excuse me, that's enough, that's enough

*pouts*

please, go ahead

*scowls at previous reporter again*

that's enough

*pouts back at current reporter*

please, go ahead

He's odious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I believe the article posted supports the claims

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭kyote00

Nearly time for the ONS lady

• Advertisement

Trump just stated he is not asking Coumo to open until he's ready, he's speaking of Governors who are clearly asking to open from what he is saying,

Hes flip flopping all over the place. Hes authorising the reopening even though he has no power but telling them he wants them open if they want to open. While threatening them if they don't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Trump saying

Having told governers at the height of the crisis that it was their responsibility to manage it, he now wants to swoop in and claim victory for states that have managed it well and can reopen.

Trump doesn't want to continue with the social distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I have read that food supply is going to become a real problem in some countries.

I believe the article posted supports the claims

No, it doesn't. How?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

owlbethere wrote: »
    Trump doesn't want to continue with the social distancing.

Not forever is what I took from it. Which I think is what everyone wants.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    I have read that food supply is going to become a real problem in some countries.

Trump passed a bill to give 15.5 billion to the Us farming industry.
    Money is no issue. Never has to be paid back.

European countries need to beg the IMF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

C19 is becoming the big story of this whole year at this stage

A century defining event at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Yes there is a huge anti Americanism with the anti Trumpers. They don't seem to accept that he represents a large section of Americans. He is America.

The anti Trumpers are probably satisfied that he's representative of a large section of Americans though because that validates the anti Trumpers' anti Americanism

Perhaps they're thinking "if he's stupid then his supporters must be stupid too"

Pence and DOctor didn't even speak, no Covid update today, just Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

• Advertisement

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Trump passed a bill to give 15.5 billion to the Us farming industry.
    Money is no issue. Never has to be paid back.

European countries need to beg the IMF

Those chickens are going to come home to roost. The day will come when the level of debt there can't be sustained. It will come crashing down taking the rest of us with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I feel sorry for Fauci and Birx

The anti Trumpers are probably satisfied that he's representative of a large section of Americans though because that validates the anti Trumpers' anti Americanism

Perhaps they're thinking "if he's stupid then his supporters must be stupid too"

Well there's a newsletter out there with at least 2 subscribers anyway.

Pence and DOctor didn't even speak, no Covid update today, just Trump.

Why would they. The problem is solved, they're reopening and its going to be beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

fritzelly wrote: »
    Other countries have no problem inviting them into help unless you are China when you say you are not getting in til we have sanitized all traces of it and we control where you go and what you see but here's some nice reports we made for you earlier
    Why do people need to take sides on this sh*te, China can be 'bad' and US actions can be 'bad.'

Yes China is a dictatorship that has little regard for the truth. But guess what? Viruses don't care about politics and the WHO will have to go to places like China and try to work under those conditions, it can't afford not to for all our sake. By all means, after this the world needs to examine it's relationship with China. De-funding WHO doesn't accomplish this at all. How does it in any way address the problem of China? And Trump will still be happy to have the family name adorned on merchandise produced in China so this is not some moral stand either, it's about flexing US muscles and finding someone else to pin the blame on.

threeball wrote: »
    Those chickens are going to come home to roost. The day will come when the level of debt there can't be sustained. It will come crashing down taking the rest of us with it.

Absolutely nothing you or I can do about it either. Very handy to in a crisis like this though isn't it

RobertKK wrote: »
    Not forever is what I took from it. Which I think is what everyone wants.

For sure. Nobody like this social distancing but I reckon for here at home, we understand the importance of the distancing and we won't be in a hurry to lift the social distancing guidelines.

From what trump said, he would like to get the economy going ASAP and get people to mingle again. If a restaurant can hold 150 people, he would prefer that than allowing 50 people to gather.

We all want to go back to the days before this virus but it's not going to happen anytime soon.

Trump was never a fan of shaking hands

https://twitter.com/CNNSitRoom/status/1249385451506499587

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,971 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is a country who when it all kicked off let homeless people in vegas sleep in car parks like they were doing them a favour while hotels lay empty. Still can't shake that image.
    Vegas is a horrible place.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement