Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel Charts Help

Options
  • 11-04-2020 6:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

This one has me scratching the noggin..

Love mucking around with Excel & trying to learn some of the fancier aspects :P

Messing with an old spreadsheet, I'm playing with inserting graphs and it's all grand except....

I have two columns, Duration & Pace, which seems to get Excel all in a tizz.

I assume it's to do with how Excel reads time & dates, but I just can't figure it out!

All other graphs are easily created; select 2 columns, Insert, and format away.

I've included two, Avg KMS & Steps, to demonstrate and also a third to show what Excel produces using the same method for either Duration or Pace.

Both column's data are formatted as Custom, hh:mm; I’ve tried fiddling about with various other formats with no joy.

Any ideas?

Virtual lockdown creamy buns on offer :p:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Howdy,

Its not clear what you want to do, but i presumed it was to fix the duration chart.

Right click on the chart, and go to select data.
    Hit edit, and manually select the data you want
    - Series Name - Select the cell with "Duration" in it.
    - Series Values - Select the cells with the various duration values
    Hit ok. Now select your Horizontal Category Values by selecting the edit button on the right, and select your "Date" values.

509116.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

Well bugger me.... :D

For you, Sweeper, a creamy bun :P ;)

Love the user name :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Good stuff, you keep exercising!

Advertisement