Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy breadmaker?

Options
  • 11-04-2020 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My breadmaker died yesterday, in everyday use, and I can't find any store that sells them new, not in Ireland or the UK. Littlewoods and Curry's are out of stock.
    Even Amazon doesn't seem to have any listing, other than ones to be delivered from China.
    Ebay has some listings for new ones but they're bidding ones that have gone sky high on price.

Anyone know of stores here that would sell them so I can buy one online please?

Comments

I know your looking a bread maker but don't rule out a stand mixer with a dough hook.
    Our kitchen aid is on fill time duty !

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

I know your looking a bread maker but don't rule out a stand mixer with a dough hook.
    Our kitchen aid is on fill time duty !

Thanks, any recommendations please? What kind of features should I look for, I've never used one before.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭tangy

When flour and yeast went into constraint, I wondered if people would be trying to make bread by hand or buying breadmakers. Guess it's breadmakers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Curry's sell some online. Mainly Panasonic. Not cheap but very good and you can easily get spare parts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

morebabies wrote: »
    Thanks, any recommendations please? What kind of features should I look for, I've never used one before.

For breads, I would look out for the highest wattage you can afford, and a big bowl. I find the Kenwood mixers give you more wattage and a decent sized bowl for the money versus the Kitchen Aid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Twee. wrote: »
    For breads, I would look out for the highest wattage you can afford, and a big bowl.
    Some will use more efficient motors so get the same mixing power at lower watts.

This heavy duty professional kitchenaid is only 500W
    https://www.nisbets.ie/kitchenaid-heavy-duty-mixer/ca987

expensive of course but there could be cheaper brands using that style of more efficient motor. They are meant to be quieter too.

this buffalo brand one is cheap & being sold as a commercial model and only 270W, though I do not know if it is using this style of more efficient motor so would want to check out reviews.
    https://www.nisbets.ie/buffalo-planetary-mixer-7ltr/cp921

Twee. wrote: »
    For breads, I would look out for the highest wattage you can afford, and a big bowl. I find the Kenwood mixers give you more wattage and a decent sized bowl for the money versus the Kitchen Aid.

We've a kitchen aid and love it .
    They are also very easy on the eye!

Got it for £250 on amazon before christmas.
    Looks like I got a good deal. thats the classic not the larger Artisan model.

Advertisement