Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I saw a classic car

Options
  • 11-04-2020 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,406 ✭✭✭✭

I was banned for calling out a poster for taking a pic of a car while driving !!

The mod warned for "thread sabotage" !!!

When I asked how is calling someone out for driving without due care and attention/dangerous driving thread sabotage , he banned me, and deleted all reference to my comment.

That is disgraceful, to condone taking pics while driving and silencing people that call it out !
    I reported the pic, and I have heard nothing back from the mod that banned me !...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Hi greenspurs,

have you tried to reach a solution with the mod who banned you? That is the first step in this process, before we get the Cmods involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,406 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Hi Mike.

Yes, I send him a pm when I received the msg to say I was banned.
    He did not reply.

Okay, give the mod a chance to reply. In the meantime, I'll let the CMods know.

Thanks Mike.

I sent him the reply at 8am yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I'll have a look at this.

First let's see what happens between yourself and the mod in question. We''ll take it from there after that.

• Advertisement

As there has been no response, please post your PM(s) with the mod and we will proceed from there.

Thanks Tricky.

How do I post pm in here ?? :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just copy & paste

You have been banned

Dear greenspurs,

You have been banned from Classic Cars for one day for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

macplaxton

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenspurs
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macplaxton
    As per thread title: If you saw a classic today and took a pic, please feel free to post it.

Any further thread sabotage and I'll have to go out to the shed to get the ban hammer out
    How is pointing out someone taking pictures of cars while driving "thread sabotage " ?????

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

That is the original ban message

Could you post the PM(s) where you sought to challenge the ban and the reply(/ies) from the mod

Thanks

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    That is the original ban message

Could you post the PM(s) where you sought to challenge the ban and the reply(/ies) from the mod

Thanks

That's the pm Beasty.

So you have not tried to discuss this with the mod?

That's the first step before you start a thread here. All you have posted is the ban message and not any message from you challenging the ban

I did.
    I snt him a pm as soon as I saw that he had banned me, and deleted the post on the thread.

I did not save the pm that I sent him.
    Maybe you could contact him ?

greenspurs wrote: »
    You have been banned

Dear greenspurs,

You have been banned from Classic Cars for one day for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

macplaxton

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenspurs
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macplaxton
    As per thread title: If you saw a classic today and took a pic, please feel free to post it.

Any further thread sabotage and I'll have to go out to the shed to get the ban hammer out

How is pointing out someone taking pictures of cars while driving "thread sabotage " ?????

any update ?

I did.
    I snt him a pm as soon as I saw that he had banned me, and deleted the post on the thread.

I did not save the pm that I sent him.
    Maybe you could contact him ?
    It should be automaticaly saved in your Sent Items which you can choose by using the dropdown after the text: 'Private Messages in Folder: Inbox' which is at the top of the list of PMs.

its not.
    The box to "save sent messages" wasn't ticked....

has the mod not be in contact with you ?
    He has been online, posting on threads....

OK we'll proceed anyway.

Note: As a rule I don't contact mods for a DRP to avoid bias.

What happened.
    Pic taken of classic from within another car. You assume that the driver has taken this when that is not clear given the other 2 possibilities. That's ok. However, this leads to a load of bickering, including by you, all of which is off topic and derailing. Then mod removes off topic posts and isssues the following:

You ignore this by bringing it up on thread again, not once, but twice, and as per the quote, you get banned. That is a clear cut ignoring of a mod instruction.
    I was banned for calling out a poster for taking a pic of a car while driving !!

The mod warned for "thread sabotage" !!!

When I asked how is calling someone out for driving without due care and attention/dangerous driving thread sabotage , he banned me, and deleted all reference to my comment.

That is disgraceful, to condone taking pics while driving and silencing people that call it out !
    I reported the pic, and I have heard nothing back from the mod that banned me !...

You were not banned for any of that, but for ignoring mod instruction. And quite rightly too. BAN UPHELD.

You are free to appeal to the Admins.

PASS IT ON to the admins then please.

The bias from motoring/car related mods is stunning, but not surprising.
    The pic is still up by the way.

I still haven't had any reply from the mod , not even out of courtesy.

Admin Review:

Okay, I just took a look at the thread and it's a pretty straightforward decision here.

No you weren't, and you are conflating two separate issues here to justify your argument. Multiple posters derailed the thread by engaging in a back and forth sparked by your commentary on the photo, and the mod added a warning to the thread to quit it or risk a mod action. Every other poster backed down except you - you continued to argue your point and further derail the thread. Only then did the mod ban you from the forum, for ignoring the earlier mod warning.

Ban upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement